Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-12-10

Farm Visit : Goat & Frog Farm

We went to the Goat Farm @ Hay Diaries off Lim Chu Kang on Haji holiday. We proceeded with our plans despite the sudden rain in the morning :)

I was surprised that the place was already crowded & limited parking areas !!
We reached there in time to catch the milking process... ...


Fresh milk in the pail...
The milk are sold in 200 & 800 ml bottles.

We bought 200ml x 5 bottles of plain milk (S$10), there are chocolate flavors too.
It came in a nice handy chiller container :)
The boys enjoying the milk...!! For me, I couldn't really tell the difference between cow & goat milk.
I catch a banner there that say :
" Drink Goat Milk" Nature Next Best Thing to Mother's Milk.
Highly Nutritious

Highly Digestible

Low Cholestrol

A Unique Product of Nature !!

We were disappointed that the feeding areas were closed due to health checks. As such, the boys din manage to feed the goats personally *sob*


We left the goat farm & move on to the Frog Farm a few mins drive away... ...

Its a rare occasion to see so many frogs. The boys were stunned !!
I saw a BIG plastic bag with many frogs struggling inside (see pic below)!! Cannot help wondering if they are due for slaughter?? Poor thing ... ...
There are also fish pond there. Lots of fishes ... ...


We ended the day with a late lunch at South Bridge Road. Yummilicious prawn noodle, Crayfish Laksa & Mee Siem. According to the stall owner, the gravy for the latter is made of fruits & not the asam paste. Totally mouth savouring & we finished up wanting a 2nd bowl but the boys just cant sit still so have to leave the place. I'll be back to try the Mee Reebus... ... :) ~~~~

This is a miracle... ...FIRST Commentator

Thanks Uncle Sam for being my first commentator here !! Congratulations !!

47 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

FL Sam said...

A very good learning trip for Zac and Amos. They must be enjoying themselves very much. :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

aiks, im late!

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

congrates sam for being FC! :)

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : This is their first Farm visit. They like the goat milk, however, too ex.... I cant afford to let them drink in the long run :):)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

It's truly a good learning process for both your kids and you! :) I love to go such places.

J@n!ce said...

Jean : 2 mins behind Uncle Sam. I'm so glad to see him over at mine too :):)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

the food looks yummy~licious! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

yeah, jan! i saw u've just posted a new post 21 mins ago at my dashboard so i quickly came over. I was kind of disappointed to see sam here. but am also happy for him! :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : The food was the best treat for the day esp on a wet cooling outing like that. The warm spicy food just comfort my body :):)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Sam is so lucky to reach here just after I posted it. I bet he doesn't even know he is FC !! haha :D:D
Let me just get his handsome avatar up :):)

FL Sam said...

Janice: I am so lucky to be the First Commentator and beat Jean by just minutes.

Honestly, I have never try goat milk as I dont drink milk at all. Fresh Goat Milk sre expensive lor.:)

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : haha.... ya loh, you are so lucky to arrive so fast !!

Ex goat milk lah, how to afford to drink it daily? :):)

chartao said...

it's a very enriching outing for the kids. i have never visited such places.

Mummy Moon said...

Very intesting visit! first time see frog farm...

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : I've never visit too until after marriage. LOL :):)

J@n!ce said...

Moon : There are a lot of farm at LCK area worth a visit :):)

Amel said...

OOHHHHHH COOL pics! I'm GLAD the kids got to go to fun places like that he he he...

Now I want some mee rebus!!!!!!!!!!!!

J@n!ce said...

Amel : There are a lot of good foods at the food centre. Some of the queues are really LONG :):)

Farah Deen said...

very educational trip for the children especially. so, who enjoyed the most? amos or zack? :) or mommy? hehehhee

Anonymous said...

janice, u hv been going everywhere with kids. how nice, wish i can do that during this school hol

eastcoastlife said...

I don't like the taste of goat's milk. *makes a face*

You didn't buy the frog legs to cook? Cheaper and fresh if you buy here.

Mariuca said...

WOW!!! So many frogs la wei!! :(

Mariuca said...

But the boys really look like they had a blast, thanks to mommy dearest of coz! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Thanks for sharing ur trip Janice! What do u have planned for this weekend? :)

Mariuca said...

And congrats to Uncle Sam for being FC here woo hoo! :)

Anonymous said...

a very interesting tour indeed especially for the kids!

Anonymous said...

I really don't like frogs!... but i love to try that goat's milk. Here in the Philippines I think we also have that but I don't think they are in different flavors. Have you tried melon flavored milk? that's my favorite among all flavored milk I tasted.

J@n!ce said...

Farah : All of us enjoyed the trip, but too bad we cant feed the goat, else it will be more memorable for the boys ;p

J@n!ce said...

Wen : I like to bring the boys to new places as often as I can !!

J@n!ce said...

ECL : I don't think we can afford to drink the milk regularly anyway. Not many visitors at the Frog Farm & nobody seem to be asking abt the purchase. So we left soon after ... ;)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Havn't plan for this weekend yet. I'm looking forward to dinner tonite ;p

J@n!ce said...

OG : Thanks for your words :)

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : I've not tried the melon milk. I prefer the plain one cos flavoured ones are usually very sweet :):)

Juliana said...

That is nice trip. Hmmm...the food lokos yummy :D

Anonymous said...

happy weekend, enjoy and fun

Anonymous said...

You always brought your kids to many places to explore many things...

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : I'm so missing the food too. Will definitely return for more.... :)~~~~~

J@n!ce said...

Liggar : Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Keeyit : I love to bring them out !! YAY :):)

LZmommy said...

Your kids like the goat milk too? My kids too :)

Mariuca said...

Janice, I am here today! Where la u going for vakasi???? I'm so jealous LOL! ;):):)

WaterLearner said...

Wow .. Educational trips like these are good for the kids!!

J@n!ce said...

Jane : Oh yes, they love it but I cant get it for them to drink too often cos its more ex than cow's milk ;p

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I'm going on cruise!! My 4th time on board a cruise but FRIST time for the 2 boys. :)

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Wow, Karen is here today!! Actually we planned a few more farms to visit on that day but the rainy weather didn't permit us to move forward. :)

Trinity said...

Everyday God thinks of you...
Every hour God looks after you,
Every minute God cares for you
Because every second He loves you!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my dear friend, to you and the kids and hubby too!!

J@n!ce said...

Trin : Thanks for the blessing. May you & hub, Clay & Cliff have a prosperous year ahead too :):)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape