Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2009-03-06

A visit by grasshopper


We were greeted by a creepy grasshopper at my MIL's doorstep last month. My SIL used her bare hands to place it in a container effortlessly. This is the first time the boys had such a close encounter with an insect. Amos also wanted to touch it. I was at the side screaming at him !! LOL :)

We realized after a while that the container is wet. My nephew told us that the insect actually pee & poo in it. haha :D

I rem when I was in my pri school days. A praying mantis ever landed on my arms while I'm waiting for the school bus. It freaked me out instantly. The encounter just accelerated my fear for insects.

We released the grasshopper before we went home :)

This is a miracle... ...FIRST Commentator is Wen
JANICE NG © 2009

32 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Anonymous said...

oh no! me afraid of insects too!!!!! i will freak out too just like u!!!

cre8tone said...

Oh my!~~~ the real grasshopper!~

LEon said...

Brave boys. Grasshoppers are harmless compare to praying mantis actually.

J@n!ce said...

Wen : That's rite!! I will make way "siem" for them ;p

J@n!ce said...

LPM : Yes, its a real one. Struggling to escape :)

J@n!ce said...

Leon : Praying Mantis is more scary looking than grasshopper actually. Thinking back, it really makes my hair stand :)

Mariuca said...

Hi janice, thanks for visiting me Jan, looks like another depressing day for me la, now got blog problems at MPG, oh so frustrated and angry today! :(:(:(:(:(

Mariuca said...

I am afraid of grasshoppers too, not afrais la but more like geli to touch them! ;0

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Relax, calm down... TIGF !! *hugs*

eastcoastlife said...

I haven't seen a grasshopper for a long time! When I was a child, I used to catch them too. :)

eastcoastlife said...

Have a happy weekend!

Heart of Rachel said...

That's a nice way of learning. My son is also captivated with different kinds of insects.

The Bimbo said...

I think it's a great experience for kids to be close to insects! Especially boys. :) It's also good that you released them after so that they understand that insects also deserve freedom :)

J@n!ce said...

ECL : Wow, you catch them !! Brave lah !! ;p

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : They are just so amazed by those crawlers ;p

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : Oh definitely have to release the insect. I wouldn't wanna keep a grasshopper as a pet. LOL :):)

Monica said...

hehe...somehow I'm not afraid of grasshoppers :-D

J@n!ce said...

Monica : Brave leh, Mon :):)

Mummy Moon said...

Boys will be boys, like insects and They also like animals?

Amel said...

Ohhhh...interesting!!! I remember one time when my cousin caught a LIZARD and it sat still on top of his hand. :-))) I was SO fascinated by it, but didn't dare touch it he he...

Anonymous said...

Hi friend.. Interesting post.. Nice blog with great stuffs.. Keep up the good work.. Do visit my blog and post your comments.. Take care.. Cheers mate!!!

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

jan, i am afraid of grasshopper lar. Zac is so brave! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

Happy Tuesday, woman! :*

darlene said...

ha ha...so cute how boys like bugs eh!..
thanks for the visit...since i havent been on here forever!!....

J@n!ce said...

Moon : I wonder if they will be scare of the insects in future when they grow older. They are not scare of them now cos they don't really understand what they are :(

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Lizard landed on my hands before too. My parents house used to have a lot of lizard crawling on the ceiling. Let me tell u how it felt.... their skin is a bit 'cold & smooth'..... errrkkkks ;(

J@n!ce said...

Sparkzspot : Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : We have some similarities, rem? hehehe ;p

Happy Tues, dearie :)

J@n!ce said...

Dar : Nice to see you back here. You must be really busy? ;)

LadyJava said...

Eww.. me no likey insect as well..:( but boys love them eh?!

Jackie said...

I don't mind insects too much...but, I don't like snakes!!!!!!

Oh Janice your page looks so lovely!! I love your new slide show...you and the boys are just beautiful!!

Hugs for all of you,
Jackie:-)

Anonymous said...

Grasshoppers & Praying Mantis mean summer to me & I luv summer!

Thanks for visiting my WW & Winter in Connecticut! Nice to have you stop by from Lady Java ~ she did a great job on my new blog design!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape