Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2009-03-23

Amos FIRST dental check up !!

We passed by a free dental check up roadshow by the Health Promotion Board last week.

Zac has no problem visiting the dentist so long as we bring him to those oral surgeons that are patient & gentle to children.
I've got a bit of problem getting Amos to visit the dentist regularly.
However, I was totally surprised that Amos actually open his glorious 'smile' to the lady oral surgeon at the roadshow. As you can see from the photo. Amos is really nervous while waiting for his turn. Initially, I have to carry him while he is being checked. Later, I slowly put him down on the chair alone. YAY !! Amos made it for his first dental check up.
At the moment, not much issue for him except that I have to take note to brush his molar teeth properly.

These are the HAPPY BRUSHES recommended by the Heath Promotion Board. The 3 way brushing saves time especially when brushing little tots teeth. I find it really useful so bought home a dozen. It costs S$2.50 each & free 2 with every 10 pieces)

I immediately used it on the boys that night. I can see that the boys teeth are more thoroughly cleaned using it. Such a good deal !! :):)

This is a miracle... ...FIRST Commentator is Marzie
JANICE NG © 2009

40 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Mariuca said...

chop!

Mariuca said...

Yahoo!!!!! Mooooorning Janice!!!

Mariuca said...

Ohhhhh Amos big boy oredi, dats why not scared anymore, good boy! :):):)

Mariuca said...

So cute sitting quietly waiting for the dentist lol! ;)

GagayMD said...

haven't chopped here yet te jan.. :(

GagayMD said...

congrats GP!

GagayMD said...

yayks!! i was afraid with mah dentist before..not like amos..weheheh!

Anonymous said...

really?!
where can I get those happy brush?
my boys are brushing really well on their own since last year.... but then if there is a better brush or a recommended brush, it could make their brushing that much better!

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hello jan! amos is so good boy for sitting quietly like this! *HUGZ* for amos! :)

I wish we cud get happy brush here. This wud be useful for chloe. :)

Nessa said...

Ya, I like those happy brush also :) But I'm not sure if my son is too old for it though... he is 10 years old.

Anonymous said...

i havent brought my kids to visit the dentist ler.. must do so now that u have reminded me.
i wonder if we can get happy brush here or not. it looks better compare to other brands

Heart of Rachel said...

Glad Zac and Amos had their dental visit. Hooray for Amos! He's very well behaved on his first dental check-up. Cute toothbrushes.

Juliana said...

Big boy, Amos ;) Jason will go to the dentist for the first time at 31 March...

LEon said...

So brave of him. way to go.

cre8tone said...

He looks no scared at all!~ Brave boy!~

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : FC !! FC !! Congrats !! He struggled a little at the being & wanna walk off. I try to calm him down & carried him on my lap. haha ;)

J@n!ce said...

GG : I'm also afraid of visiting the dentist actually.... at this age. LOL :D

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : I've send the details to you via email :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Really creative handy toothbrush for the little ones. Not to sure if its available over your side. Might not leh !! :(

J@n!ce said...

Nessa : Hmmmmm, unsure of that though. But I bet your kids are disciplined by now to brush appropriately? :):)

J@n!ce said...

Wen : You should start early & let them have the habit of visiting the dentist regularly. All the best :)

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : I hope Amos can continue to be so well disciplined on his subsequent visit ;p

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : That's good news. Rem to rem along your camera to take those wonderful shot of Jason's first visit. :):)

J@n!ce said...

Leon : Thanks. This is just the initial check up, he has still a long way to go ;p

J@n!ce said...

LPM : He was actually very nervous as you can see from the look of him sitted down while looking at his brother being exmained ;)

Enchie said...

I hope my son will be this behave when gets his first dental check-up :)And Yay for Amos! I have a mommy and wifey tag open Janice :)

Amel said...

GREAT to hear this, Jan!!! GOOD for the boys. You're such a caring mother. And GREAT offer for the toothbrushes, too! :-D

Btw, how's the part-time work been? :-D

Monica said...

hehe.. so cute la Amos sitting on the chair alone ;-) HUGS for Amos!

Anonymous said...

Ahh I remember my first visit to the dentist. Everyone in my family had jokingly talked about how awful and scary the dentist was. I went and was scared. I bit the dentist and then when he was done, I ran out of the office and far away. I was so scared.

J@n!ce said...

Enchie : Thanks, will get it done :)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Yes, its going all good now. I'm loving my JOB :):)

J@n!ce said...

Monica : Haha, ya loh. I'm so surprised that he can sit still there :):)

J@n!ce said...

TSR : I'm one such fellow too. I freaked out whenever I see those biege dental sheets coming into my class when I'm in my pri schools. I'm usually the one that the school dentist will want to see me. *sigh*

I cant imagine explaining to my boys now that the dentist is actually a "FUN" place. LOL :):)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

yeah, jan! i dont think it's available here. I havent seen this around. :/

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

Happy WOnderful Wednesday to you, jan!! :)

eastcoastlife said...

It's never easy getting the kids to sit in the dental chair or barber's chair.

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Thanks, I'm heading for buffet dinner later. Feeling hungry already .... ;) ~~~~

J@n!ce said...

ECL : Precisely. Those are the 2 chairs that the tots have to overcome their fear ;p

Blur Ting said...

Oh, what a brave boy. You know I use baby toothbrush too cos it is soft and small. better for cleaning. My dentist says using soft toothbrush will prevent tooth erosion.

california teeth whitening said...

That was a great toothbrush,where can i buy one for my daughter it was look's so soft,loved it!

by: florence

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape