Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-02-03

Before I was a mum ...

uI got this from Wen & Jo-N. Here it goes.

The rule to the e-mail was that, once you have been hit, you have to hit 5 pretty Moms, including the one who thought of you today & sent it to you. The idea is that if you get hit again, You will know you are really pretty!

So I thought lets just turn this into a tag instead. But that “hit” part won’t work very well in a tag. So instead of giving a “hit” to the one who tag you, you add your name at the bottom of the tagged persons list, and without bumping the person at the top or bumping anyone off and let the list grow.
Hit 5 pretty moms on your list to let them know they are pretty!

Before I was a mum;
I went out to party on weekends, now I stay at home most of the time.

Before I was a mum;
I left the grocery to my mum but now I know where too get cheap stuff.

Before I was a mum;
I never expect giving birth could be such a torturing experience until I experience it myself.

Before I was a mum;
I never knew that my heart will hurt so much when my kids fall sick, now I understand how my mum feels.

Before I was a mum;
I work as I spent. Now, I mostly spent on the kids & household.

Before I was a mum,
I only worry about job, promotion & peer pressure. Now, I worry about everything.

The first chain of tag:

1. Lovelymummy
2. Pek Imm
3. Momisodes
4. Ling that’s me
5. Janicepa
6. AnnieQ
7. Allthingspurple
8. Montessorimum
9. clumsy mommy
10. Sandra
11. KittyCat
12. VivianZ
13. Sweetpea
14. Sasha
15. Giddy Tiger
16. Wen
17. Jo-N
18. Janice Ng

19. Blur Ting

20. ViEmwk

I would like to tag the following pretty moms :

Blur Ting, Elaine, Pauline, Cendrine, Girlie, Emila, Vi, Shireen

29 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Thanks for the tag, but you changed my name to Vic? Hope you didn't change my sex too? I like my old name better lah!

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Janice. This is an interesting meme. I can relate to many of the things you mentioned. I also realized many things when I became a mom.

Amel said...

Interesting. THANKS for sharing your experience as a Mom. I'm not a Mom yet, but I LOVE reading thoughts on parenting or motherhood he he he...

Themuxicbox said...

I would like to do this tag when I have my own kid ;D get from you in 2 yrs time? keke ;D

Blur Ting said...

Thanks for tagging me. I share the same sentiments as you too. Being a mum really changes everything!

If I were you, I wouldn't bring the two little ones to Chinatown too. It's so packed, and the rain only makes it worse. Nothing special to buy around there also. I went last Friday cos we were already around there.

JK said...

Thanks for doing this, Janice.

Mariuca said...

Aiyo...the giving birth part is the one scariest to me, scared la for when that actually happens! ;)

Jackie said...

Oh how I wish mine were still little!!

Hi Janice,
Long time no hear...I hope you are feeling better. I have to hurry because it's the big game day over here and my hubby wants his snacks.

There's absolutely no need to reply or respond. I am just spreading some Link Love today and wanted you to know that I didn't forget about you!!

http://shinade.blogspot.com/2008/02/blog-roll-amnesty-day.html
:-)

chartao said...

A tag only for mothers!

My mum still show too much for a concern for a grown up son in me..

haha.. too much concern is too much to bare for me...

maybe i need to be a mother to experience what she's experiencing! haha!

Trinity said...

:-) I was tagged this meme and haven't done this yet.. hehehe.. hm.. is it hard? hehehe

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Janice, the moral of the story is, it's not easy being a mom! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Tag! You're invited!

It's Across the Universe Day today! Join the celebration:
http://www.madtomatoe.com/across-the-universe-day/

I hope you join us.

Bobby Revell said...

Before I was a mum, I was a lost, lonely little girl...wait!!!! I'm a guy. Jeez, I guess I cannot participate...haha!

Juliana said...

Interest meme indeed :D

J@n!ce said...

Vi : opppssie, so sorry abt the typo error. Will get it changed :)

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : At times, I still miss my singlehood...;)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Enjoy your couplehood for a few years first. Once with kids, its so tied down ;)

J@n!ce said...

Jeslyn : Sure, we can bring the kids out then. Good Luck :)

J@n!ce said...

Blur : Thanks for telling me about Chinatown. I seriously won't think we'll be going this year. Too many things to attend to now. Really tied up. Even if go, unlikely to bring the kiddos, its already tiring take care of them :)

J@n!ce said...

Jo-N : Thanks for tagging me :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Mine was a bad experience when giving birth to Zac. I think I told you before. Its slightly lesser pain giving birth on Amos. I hate the post natal thingy too with hair loss & weight gain :(

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : Awww, thanks. So sweet of you. Let me go check it out :)

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : Its usually the case. Even now, my mum still have to worry about me esp when my hubs gone oversea. He will worry if I could cope at home. Its better now since I've got a helper, last time, he will have to call me many times in a day to check on me :)

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : Look at mine... its just a sentence each... easy lah !! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Nick : hmmmm, I think so. I salute to the daddy as well. :)

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : You can changed it to ... "when I'm still a young boy...." hehe ;)

Amel said...

Yes, THANKS SO MUCH for your advice, Jan. I'll cherish our time without kids he he he...

J@n!ce said...

Amel : yes, enjoy...;)

Anonymous said...

yeah giving birth can be @@

my wife had nightmares after that

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape