Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2009-06-10

The Animal Resort

I've planned a whole series of activities to keep the boys occupied during the June Holidays... ...
We went to The Animal Resort (free entrance) on 4 June 09.

First, we walked around the farm before purchasing the food for the boys to feed the animals. It cost S$1 per packet or 3 for S$2. There are different food for different species of animals. The crane, chicken, pigeon & duck shared the same food. Rabbit, horse, goat and guinea pig consume carrots & bread :)

The boys were so excited to feed the animals.

Amos is afraid of the mighty horse & stand so far away while feeding it. LOL :D

A gaggle of geese followed us when they saw food in our hands. One of them came so close that it bite Amos' finger. I'm startled by the overwhelming swarm of animals & we have to throw the last bit of food on the floor for the hungry herd :)

It was a great experience for the boys to interact with the animals at close distance. We spend about an hour there. We could have stayed longer if not for the unbearable heat & mossie stings !!

The Animal Resort
T81 Seletar West Farmway 5
Singapore 798061
JANICE NG © 2009


Thank you, my first commentator
Sandman

21 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Mizohican said...

Hahaha, I'm FC!!!! Hugzzz Janice! Been a long time. :-)

Mizohican said...

The FC on my latest post was a spam. lolz...

Clicked on the pics, but they were almost the same size as the one you posted on your blog :) I thought they would be higher resolution pics. Anyway, Amos looks like he isn't afraid of the animals at all, including the horse you're talking about. He's standing a bit away from the horse but his facial expression is not scared. Brave Amos! :) Uncle Sandman is really proud of him :D

Nessa said...

Cool pictures! :D

Perhaps I should bring my kids to the Zoo since it's still the school holidays... but it has been so hot and hazy lately :(

cre8tone said...

Lovely outings~

Monica said...

the boys seemed to enjoy themselves! :-)

J@n!ce said...

Sandman : FC!! Congrats!! Its been so long since you are here & you strike FC!! :):)

Yes, The boys are really brave. I think I'm more afraid of the geese than them. haha ;p

J@n!ce said...

Nessa : Yes, its so warm & hazy recently. We cant stand the heat for too long. So sweaty!! :(

J@n!ce said...

LPM : I'm surprised that all the photos of the boys with the animals turned up so interesting, esp the one Amos feeding the horse & the goose that bite his finger :)

J@n!ce said...

Monica : Yes, they truly enjoy themselves :)

The Bimbo said...

Wow what a nice place. I didn't know such places exist!! Coming to your blog these days is like knowing Singapore all over again. hehehe :) Poor Amos.. was he very startled by the geese? Hope it doesn't put him off going to see them again...

Bobo
my new blog

Juliana said...

Looks FUN...

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : Thanks. I'm always in the look out for FUN places in Sg. I just knew of another great place for kids. A really cool wet & dry playground. We went there today !! :):)

J@n!ce said...

Jul : I'm so tired this June holiday bringing the kids all over Sg :)

Blur Ting said...

Wow, I didn't know such a place exists in Singapore.It's great for the kids. Geese can get quite ferocious. In the kampung, they were like the watch dogs, strangers coming into the house will get pecked and hissed at!

J@n!ce said...

Blur : Indeed quite scary, they can be as tall as Amos :(

kkf said...

wow, nice place! must find one day to bring my children over. :)

Angeline said...

Thank you thank you!!!! x1000
I've got a feeling I'll be addicted to this place!
*laugh*
not so much for kids, but for myself!
*laugh*

J@n!ce said...

KKF : Yes, its so far the farm I know of that's free and with a variety of animals there :)

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : LOL!! I have to bring along the insect repellent for my subsequent visit. :)

Heart of Rachel said...

That's a great place for kids and adults to safely interact with animals.

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Yes, it so rare to have farm over here for the boys to get close to the animals :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape