Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2009-06-15

Amos finally on the dentist chair

I tried my luck to bring Amos to the dentist once again cos he failed to co-operate during the earlier visit. Zac was co-operative on that visit though. You can read about it here. I am careful to schedule his time slot in the morning this time so that he will be alert & less cranky.
We arrived on time & Amos waited impatiently for his turn and making noises outside. He told me he was afraid and did not want to go in. He is still young and cannot comprehend the importance of having clean oral hygiene, so explanation doesn't work on him... ... However, I have my own ways to dealt with my little fella though... ... ;p

It sure works !!

A few mins later... my little mischievous became calm and walked bravely into the treatment room. He sat on the familiar little lime green ikea chair (we have that at home too) waiting for Zac to complete his restoration & polishing :) The was Zac's 3rd visit to the dentist but his first to The Dental Inn.

Finally, its Amos turn !! He climbed up the dentist chair & sat down stiffly (see pic) on it. I bet he must be really nervous!! *hug*

He started to feel more relax after chatting with the Doctor as you can see from his body language. Both his hands are behind his head after a while !! haha :D


Doctor explained that he has slight cavity showing on his upper right molar. I requested the Doctor to clear up the plague on his upper teeth for this visit. Amos felt uncomfortable with the polishing bits and so he was asked to gaggle. He enjoyed it & was fascinated with the little glass basin. Doctor taught him to press the button to re-fill his cup. This little involvement has made him really enjoyed his first dental visit ... ...

With this first visit, I believe the subsequent ones will be easier to manage cos he would have been familiar with the place & the procedure. Good Job, Amos !! :):)

A BIG Thank You to :

Dr Winston How for his patience in attending to my boys & the complimentary treatment. :):)
JANICE NG © 2009


Thank you, my first commentator
Monica

25 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Monica said...

Hiya Janice! ;-)

Monica said...

Yay for Amos! hehe so cute... *hugs*

Mommy Lose Weight said...

so what is your way to deal with Amos? teach us a trick or two.

btw, I saw you and your two boys at Compass Point last sun :)

I think you were bringing them to the toilet, I didnt call out to you because I'm shy lah... :D

J@n!ce said...

Monica : I'm really proud of him that he made it to the dentist which most of us fear so much !! :):)

J@n!ce said...

Ling : Amos loves to go to this particular indoor playground. We brought him there the other day & he was reluctant to exit. So I told him I will bring him back again if he co-operated with the Doctor. Also, he saw a few rows of "tikam tikam" outside the clinic & wanted a particular mini toy gun (S$1) very much. That's a "sure win" present for him after the visit. Of course he happily enters the treatment room. hahahaha :D:D

wen said...

he is really relax!! i have yet to bring my children for dental check up.

Juliana said...

Aplause for Amos... Jason has to go to dentist as well next Sept, for second time :D

Mariuca said...

Good boy Amos! Aunty Marzie oso sometimes scared to see dentist he he!

cre8tone said...

Wow! He behaves so well seeing dentist!~

Philippines call center said...

Ayo...


Mudawat ka ng exchange link sa aking PR 4 site. email me or comment me
arnoldsantos2008@gmail.com

LZmommy said...

Well done Amos! :) Your post reminds me that I have to make appt for my kids, which is long over due :p

Mariuca said...

Hey Janice! Come see my new perfumes at MPG woosh woosh! :):):)

J@n!ce said...

Wen : Amos need to re-visit to fill up his cavity. Its gonna be tough on him for the next visit *hug*

J@n!ce said...

Jul : I'm planning for him to rtn during the school holidays which I've only left with less than 2 weeks now :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : You're not alone, dear :):)

J@n!ce said...

LPM : I'm impresssed too !! Good Job, Amos :)

J@n!ce said...

Jane : Does L visit the school dentist. Its FOC rite? ;p

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Sure, will be over ;)

kkf said...

Hope my boy can be that brave like amos next time when he visits the dentist...

J@n!ce said...

KKF : Importantly is to visit Dentist that handles little children well :)

Heart of Rachel said...

That's great. Hurray to Amos.

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Amos has another visit next week. I hope he could co-operate again :)

Virginia Dentists said...

Your son looks ok on the dentist chair, trouble free experiment. It is great that you are teaching him at a young age the importance of regular visits to the dentist.

Implants Cleveland said...

Your son is very lovely. I hope he will not have to visit dentist any more.

sem724 said...

Good for you child. When I was young, I could remember how I hated the dentist. :D
------
Telemarketing Call Center

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape