Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-07-23

Mao Shan Wang Durian... yum yum...

We finally went to try the famous Mao Shan Wang Durian at the Four Seasons (Joo Chiat opp the famous Pepper Crab shop). It cost S$20/kg... .... I think this is something we cannot eat frequently since it is so costly. We paid S$200 for abt 12 kg, it was a good experience. I like the bitter sweet taste. Have you try it?
It can get really crowded at night. So try to go in the afternoon :)



We ate it on the spot !! :)


We packet these home !!


Look at the tiny flat seeds. You can imagine how much meat. Yum yum !! :):)

47 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

LadyJava said...

OMG!!! $200 for durians!! Wow Janice.. come to Malaysia.. I just bought yesterday.. you know the kind that they call Durian Kampong.. small but yummy.. 6 for RM10!!!

Bobby Revell said...

They don't have durians where I live. They look unusual, what do they taste like? Similar to anything else?

J@n!ce said...

LJ : Its really ex. How I envy there are plenty of durian over your side. You can see the price sky rocketed once flown over here. *faint*

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : Its creamy sweet & some are bitter. When consume ater leaving it in the fridge, it taste a bit like ice-cream? However, those who cant stand the strong taste will hate it :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

wow!! S$200 for durians!! it's been a long time since i last spend so much on durians. But sometimes when it coems to food, we ought to try once, even if it is expensive. Looks like it is worth the price huh! :)

oh, i love cold durians.hehe. :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : That's what I thought too. At least have tried it & know how it tasted like :):)

I think the cold durian that we packet home tasted better :)

Anonymous said...

ya we have tried mao shan durian too. costly too over in KL..but its good!

J@n!ce said...

Wen : Its really filling. We had it for 2 days straight. My stomach is so bloated :):)

Old Beng said...

I bought some for the price of $15/kg but it's worth the price as they are really nice!

Mariuca said...

Morning Janice! We just had durian two days back, MIL gave us some all the way from Melaka. It was very tasty but I'm not too sure what grade or type it was. Happy Wednesday sweetie! :):):)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

jan, i saw the purple ribbon already! it looks so matching in yr blog lar!! :)

Juliana said...

ops..durian! i don't like it :D

Anonymous said...

YES! it was superb!

J@n!ce said...

Old Beng : I agree too :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : That's so nice of your MIL. How envy lah !! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : That's what I thought it. It kinda goes well ah !! ;p

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Oh ya, not all people can take it. I've got friends who dislike too :)

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : You tried it too. It's really nice loh !! :D

Heart of Rachel said...

Wow, so many durians. It must have been a fun event.

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : It was raining heavily then. However, the trip was a fruitful one :)

JK said...

Oh, you are a durian lover too? After eating my FIL's durians, I can't eat other durians. They are too good.

Merecil Amigo Kidder (Em) said...

Oh my goodness... i love durian they are jst so good. I grow up in the city of durian in the philippines but now when i see it again i want it so badly:)

Merecil Amigo Kidder (Em) said...

Oh my goodness... i love durian they are jst so good. I grow up in the city of durian in the philippines but now when i see it again i want it so badly:)

Merecil Amigo Kidder (Em) said...

Oh my goodness... i love durian they are jst so good. I grow up in the city of durian in the philippines but now when i see it again i want it so badly:)

Merecil Amigo Kidder (Em) said...

Oh my goodness... i love durian they are jst so good. I grow up in the city of durian in the philippines but now when i see it again i want it so badly:)

J@n!ce said...

Jo-N : I think after eating this Wild Cat Durian, I cant take other durians too. LOL :D

J@n!ce said...

Em : I can imagine how badly you want to taste it now :)

chartao said...

$200 for durians!!! that's a hefty price...

must be really good..

kegler747 said...

Hi Janice! Just got from my Kuala Lumpur and very short Singapore (8hrs) trip. I enjoy seeing the developments in your beautiful country.

That's a hell expensive durian! This fruit is popular in the southern Philippines but not here in Manila.

eastcoastlife said...

That's expensive! I got mine at S$12 and good bitter ones. yum yum... going later again.

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : Its good. You should try it :)

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : Glad that you managed to get a glimpse of the developments over here within the short 8 hrs trip :)

J@n!ce said...

ECL : I'm feeling so bloated after 2 days of eating durian. Don't think I will eat any sooner. LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, so yummy but too expensive!!!

Jamy said...

Hi Janiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Jamy come to visit you now!!!

WAH $200 for eating the duriannn???? Expensive my goodness!! Hehe!

What is the special taste of this Mao Shan Wang durian? Its from which country?

I guess the seed will cost higher than the usual durian seed, isnt? Hehe!

Happy Weekend to you and Amos & Zac from Jamy Jie Jie Brunei!!! (Plan to name myself as Auntie but sound old to me hehe)

^^TeReNcE^^ said...

drop by to say Hello! :) stay cheerful and pretty

I love DURIAN too! :P

Amel said...

Unfortunately I don't like duriaaannnnnn. :-((( Have a FAB weekend anyway he he...

Unknown said...

{Drooling}
Yummmm, you just made my craving stronger. My mom used to have a D24 durian tree. Unfortunately, she had to cut it down. Thought of going out to buy from pasar malam today but I've got ulcers in my mouth. Must be the rambutans I've been having. Sigh!

Blur Ting said...

Woah, $200! The durian better be good!

J@n!ce said...

MW : I agree too. ;p

J@n!ce said...

Jamy : I think they are from Malaysia? The taste is sweet with a bit of bitterness. Difficult to explain unless you try it. ;)

J@n!ce said...

Terrence : Thanks for your kind regards. Hope your weekend is great? :)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : haha, you are lucky cos you save a lot of money on the fruit ;)

J@n!ce said...

Lian : How cool to have your durian tree last time. Totally awesome :)

Take Care & drink more water :)

J@n!ce said...

Blur : They are really good loh :)

Trinity said...

:-D I smile reading LJ's comment hahaha... yes Janice, in Indonesia, we can have durian all the time, all year... I am not sure about the price, but I saw one pack (not one whole durian) was around 2,5 USD or 3-4 Sin$...

Janice, I post a video of Mrs. surya, in case you wanna see it, because I will remove the video soon...:-)

J@n!ce said...

Trin : Actually we have those durians that you mentioned a pack for a few dollars but the one that we had is different. I heard it is the "king of durian". LOL :D

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape