I've been tagged by Marzie! Thank you for this meaningful tag. This one is all about breast cancer, which everyone knows is one of the most life-threatening diseases today. I'm doing my part in spreading awareness on breast cancer by sharing some scary yet so very true facts on breast cancer. Ladies, do take note!
* One in eight women or 12.6% of all women will get breast cancer in her lifetime.
* Breast cancer risk increases with age and every woman is at risk.
* Every 13 minutes a woman dies of breast cancer.
* Seventy-seven percent of women with breast cancer are over 50.
* Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in women between the ages of 15 and 54, and the second cause of cancer death in women 55 to 74.
* Risks for breast cancer include a family history, atypical hyperplasia, early menstruation (before age 12), late menopause (after age 55), current use or use in the last ten years of oral contraceptives, and daily consumption of alcohol.
* Early detection of breast cancer, through monthly breast self-exam and particularly yearly mammography after age 40, offers the best chance for survival.
Facts taken from Women's Health
And now here is the tag and the rules:1. Put the logo in your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who shared it with you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Add your link to the list of participants below
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.
1- Fara 2- Massy 3- N.O.Y 4- Mariuca 5- A Great Pleasure 6- LadyJava 7- Kim 8- Pink Thoughts 9- Turn-u-Off 10- Roxiticus Desperate Housewives 11- STAY AT HOME MOM 12- Fida Abbott 13- Also Mommy 14- Janice Ng 15- Juliana's Site 16- The Painted Veil 17- YOU Next!
I am tagging Angeline, Amel, Blur Ting, Cendrine, Trinity, Jenny, Jackie, Lady Java, Rachel, Juliana, Jane, Wendy
Thanks Leonard for being my first commentator here !! Congratulations !!
This is something I find it really entertaining !! Amos will start to perform this dancing stunt whenever we ask him to dance. He must have learnt the "trick" from a few dancing shows we watched together now & then. He often makes us laugh upon seeing him doing it !! LOL :):)
I should say, he is really good at his balancing ... ... :):)
We brought the boys to a newly opened public pool recently. It was crowded over the weekends.
Zac had a jolly good time running up and down the slide. Totally forgetting that an hour had passed. Amos was satisfied with just staying along the side of the pool and kicking his leg :)
We intend to re-visit!! We'll need to bring along Amos' deflatable car so that he can have a ride on the water. LOL :D
Zac's chinese character writing practice was selected among a few to be published on the school's bulletin board (top row 2nd from the left) recently. I am so thrilled seeing his little effort get paid off. I showed it to him & encourage him to write better so that teacher will select his works. I felt that he is still not consistent enough in his strokes & the way he grasp the pencil though. He needs lots of patience & constant practice :):)
Zac turns 5 years old today... ...
How time flies... ...
He has grown from a shy, wordless, timid boy to one who is hardworking, brave, adventurous, generous & always ready to render his help & care for his little bro, Amos :):)
Zac performing in front of his classmates at the Chinese Enrichment Class. His Chinese Teacher mentioned that Zac could perform well with lots of encouragement :)
Zac sat down bravely on the dentist chair & took the leap on the jumping trampoline :)
1. Zac sharing his favourite strawberry cake with Amos.
2. Zac wiping off Amos' tear when the latter tripped & fell down.
3. Zac helping Amos to wear his shoes.
This is humble little Zac and 5 years old today !!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, Zac :):):)