Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-12-02

Nokia Family Day at Sentosa

We went to the Nokia Family Day at Sentosa last Sat.
It was so fun. I din expect to stay at the beach for so long.
We reached there around 10am & stayed all the way till 3pm.
You can imagine how 'roasted' we were after that. I am the most serious cos I stayed long hours at the beach to accompany the boys :):)
My shoulder were so pain & red after that. It had been a week now & the skin is starting to peel off now.



Me with my 2 boys. Zac cannot quite take the heat when we first reached there. Look at his disturbing face..... haha.... however, he started to warm up soon when he saw so many fun stalls as we walked along.... :)
We each took out turns at the spray paint tattoo.
1st pic : Zac & his fire soccer ball
2nd pic : me & my red rose
3rd pic : hubs & his tribal version

The 2 boys playing at the bubble & tried their luck at the fishing stall. Zac got some prize cos he managed to caught 3 fishes within a min... haha.. .of course with the help of hubs ;p

Hubs & I tried our luck at some stalls too. We are proud to say that we actually bring home lots of prizes. All the game stalls are free games by the way so long we have the game coupon.

Zac eating the chicken cheese sausages, Oh man.. its so yummy. I think our family had more than 10 of it. All food & beverages are free too !! :):)
The boys are seated at the kid's corner playing some arts while snacking away. Hubs & I quickly sneak off to roam around....hehe ;p

Free flow of can drinks... the coconut drink way too sweet & refreshing.... wow !!
We had our lunch sitting on the mat here!!

Zac's mood was at his highest on that bungy trampoline. I thought he will be scare & din want to let him try. My little boy was so adventurous, much braver than mummy (I'm scare of heights !!). He loves the thrill & I had to queue up 5 times for him to play that.... LOL :D


Hubs took pictures of me by the beautiful sea. What a nice scene !!


Can you see how red & burnt my shoulders & arm were? Ouccchhhh, its really painful !!

The tattoo was from the paint spray too... nice or not? I chose the pic myself !! :)
Such a fun-filled day! A very good applause to the organiser of the event. I bet Nokia spent a BOMB !! :D

73 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Looks like a fun day at Sentosa! :)

J@n!ce said...

EMWK : That's right, it was really enjoyable ...:)

Janice Ng

Sweetpea said...

hi hi janice. am back at last. beautiful family pics.

have the time to do some tags now! and passing it to you too :)
http://sweetpeamy.blogspot.com/2007/12/to-cane-or-not-to-cane.html

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Janice. Wow, great photos. It looks like everyone in the family had a fantastic time. Nice to see the kids having fun in the games. I admire Zac's adventurous spirit.

WaterLearner said...

Nice activities. Nice tan too!!! Nokia is really splurging on Marketing.

J@n!ce said...

Sweetpea : Welcome home :)
Will check out the tag now !! :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : It was a well organized event that everyone enjoyed tremendously. My friend was telling me they even packet back the left-over food at the buffet... LOL :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Good profits for the year I supposed. It's not cheap. I heard it was a 6 digit figure ;p

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Janice! I love sentosa...had a grat time when I ws there earliere this year! I see that you guys had a great time too! Wa that bungeee jump Zac on at Trapizzza?

Nice time for a nice family! :0

Mariuca said...

FUN FUN FUN!!! You're always at the beach aren't you Jan? So cool of hubbs to sport a tattoo as well!

Wonderful post, really cheerful! ;)

Amel said...

WOW...Such a FUN day indeed! I've been to Sentosa Island once and went to the beach and I know how HOT it is there he he he...

Ouch for the burnt skin. My skin also gets burnt easily, so I know how painful it is...uuuuggghhhh...

LOVE the tattoos! ;-D

J@n!ce said...

GK : You visited Sentosa ealier this year? Did you watch the Songs of the Sea performance? It was beautiful. I want to go again !! :):)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : It was a last min ticket for us from a friend. He gave us 5 tickets for our whole family, including maid. So thoughtful :)

We made a silly mistake, the package came with free car entrance. Blur us still paid for it. Only to realize after payment... haiz. Actually the counter self was at fault too, she should inform us that entrance free since we have shown her the complete copy of the game tickets :p

Anyway, it was a nice family day for us :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Amel : You visited Sg before? That was before you got married or after? ;)

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

looks like a great day! yeah i know about sunburn!

J@n!ce said...

Jyankee : Do you experience such warm weather over at Japan? :)


Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Lovely post ! Nice pictures.... You are a beautiful woman.

J@n!ce said...

Chris : Thanks :)

Janice Ng

Trinity said...

Janice, the wedding party I will attend is held at Sentosa Island! I think I will take my kids to play there once again, :-)

Anonymous said...

Janice, wow, your shoulder looks really burnt. Hope all that peeling goes away soon and you feel better.!

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : So are you staying at the hotel in Sentosa also? :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Sharon : The peeling is very bad now. It so unsightly :(

Janice Ng

Juliana said...

wow...you seem have a great day :)

Blur Ting said...

So much fun! I bet your new hair colour must be sparkling in the sun!! I haven't been to Sentosa yet this year.

Amel said...

I visited Sgp back in 2000 with my Aussie emailpal he he he...Way before I got married. ;-D I LOVE Sgp and I'd love to go back there one day for a visit, esp. since now I have SO MANY blogging friends there he he...

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Yes, it was fun :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : I went to Sentosa prior to coloring my hair. It was messy & need a hat to keep them in place... haha :D

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Your aussie pal is staying in Sg? Or you all agree to meet in Sg? So cool to be meeting a friend across the world. Do you still keep in contact? :)

Janice Ng

LadyJava said...

Hiiii Janice...

OUch the sunburn looks bad.. do take care of it ya..but on the whole the whole days must have been wonderful right??

I love family day :)

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Jan, ouch! the sun burnt looks painful! But looks like you and your family had lots of fun!

I can't remember when was the last time i went to the beach. I like riding bicycles at the east coast when i was young. I will bring my son to east coast or sentosa one day.

Cheers!

MakeTraffic - for more web site traffic and friends

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Hi Janice!

You know, there is nothing better than a fun day together with the family! I'm so happy for you. Sorry for the sunburn though. I liked the tatoos everyone had.
The scenery is something else, so beautiful. In Minnesota, we have many pretty lakes, but the ocean front is far far away. Right now, the lakes here are freezing solid. People put houses out on the ice... some of them very large. Sometimes you can here the ice crack, and move beneath you - scary!!!!

I enjoyed my visit today. Thanks for sharing your day with us :)

Eric "Speedcat Hollydale"

J@n!ce said...

LJ : The sunburnt hurts badly. I must rem to bring along sun block in future ;p

Its peeling now & looks really terrible. :(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

MT : Its always a tiring & messy affair to bring the family out to the beach... sand & water makes it really messy.

Its been a while since I brought the boys to ECP, should bring them there to cycle ;p

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Eric : Thanks for updating me on the winter looks of Minnesota. I've not get a chance to see the white snow. This is my dream. I'm scare of cold actually... I cant even stand 10 mins when the china snow sculpture team came to Sg for exhibition. It was exhibited at minus zero degree. I was all covered up but still cant withstand it. I have to beg my sis to exit soon after... haha :D

Janice Ng

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

wow roasted Janice! hope you get an even tan especially after it has peeled off.

I can see that the sunblock didn't work really, or is it just too much exposure under the sun

emilayusof said...

Hi Janice! What a fun day at the beach! All the pictures are great!

Leena said...

looks like a very fun day. but the heat burnt your skin, poor thing.

Chinneeq said...

this sentosa? wow.....very hot ler...but u all obviously enjoy the fun there :P

Anonymous said...

Lobster Lobster Lobster for sale...

ROFL!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Hey Janice, looks like you guys had a fun time huh? I can relate to the sunburnt thing cos when I went to the waterpark last week, my back felt like it was on fire la ... LOL!

ARON WONG DOT COM said...

Janice leng lui mommy! u no use UV cream meh??? u almost got BBQ lerrr!!! hahahaha!! thanks for sharing ler!!! it will sure bring back good memories:) take care wohh:)

Sam Chan said...

Wow.. your whole family are really having a great time! Nokia pay it all? So much of fun... having a little bit of sun burn should be fine - right? :-)

Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi janice, sounds like a whole lotsa fun for you guys! i would love to try the bungee trampoline too.. :)
great tattoo.. love both at your leg & back. :)
Hope you're feeling better with your sunburned. It looks painful.

Adrian said...

Yes janice...in fact I posted on it earlier in the year too LOL Great show and daughter loved it and it's one of the reasons we wanna go back there! :)

Shana said...

So funny to think that on the other side of the world you are setting on a beach getting sun burnt while we have snow and temps below freezing here. lol!!!!

Looks like you had a great time. Hope the burn is healing. :o)

lilifxt said...

hi it must have been lot of fun i loved all of your tattoos looks nice tell zac good boy and i love u coz u tried trampoline i will show Ahmad his photos coz once i tried to let him try it but he was scared alot.....Looks like Zac will let heim try next time
love the photos as usual glad u all had good weekend
love you

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : I hope so too that it will show an even tone after peeling ! I actually din put any sunblock, that's why :(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Thanks, glad that you like it :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Shern's Mum : That's right, it's so painful ;)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Ya, that's Sentosa. Bring Qiqi there when you get a chance to come here ok? :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Ed : Its peeling lobster now... ;p

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Nick : Its usually the case when we spent long hours outdoor like that. The feeling is good being out in the sun. But the after effect is terrible ;)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Aron : Moment like that can only be recap via photos & videos. Thanks :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Sam Chan : I think so that Nokia paid for all unless they got sponsership from customers & suppliers. I agree that a bit of sun is all right occasionally. I actually like to be out in the sun. I'm so fair that I hope I get a little tan now n then....hehe ;p

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Jean : So glad to see you over at mine now. Been missing you for a week or so now. YAY... welcome home :)

Thanks, I love the tattoo too. How cool to have it permanently... LOL...no lah, I think better off with temp ones so that I could change the design every now n then :)

The skin is starting to peel off now & it still gets itchy at times :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : Nice to hear that you enjoyed the performance. It was a costly performance I heard but the millions I love the pyrotechnics ;p

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Shana : That's rite, such a contrasting weather change across the globe :)

The burn is healing now. Thanks :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Lili : So exciting to see Zac jumping on the trampoline. Great experience for him. I will let him explore some thrilling sports in future. I din know that he is such an adventurous boy actually, cos he is always by my side !! hehe ;p

Janice Ng

Trinity said...

Janice we will stay at harbour ville hotel at kampung bahru.. the brides booked the hotel for us. is that far from your place?

amei79 said...

At beach easier to get dark skin. Sun burn...no worry a week later when the dead tissue (skin) shedding off, u will have a fair smooth skin without apply any skin care product...lolz

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : I went online to check. Its very far from my home. ;)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Amei79 : Thanks, I just realized that there are some freckles on the burnt portion now... cry cry.... :(

Janice Ng

kegler747 said...

Beach and family is a perfect combination, always exciting!

I love Sentosa :) Is that Siloso or Palawan Beach?

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : You ask a good question. We followed the signup all the way up the the event place. Now I'm also unsure which beach it is. That goes to show how unfamiliar I am with Sentosa. I need to go more often... LOL :)

Wen said...

ur sunburn looks really bad.but nvmd la, it looks like all of u had a great time! i wonder if malaysia has such happenings..

Anonymous said...

the hyena tattoo is like what artist did in Boracay ...

please take a peek to my blog at www.lessonko.com

Amel said...

No, my Aussie pal visited me, then we both went to visit Sgp as tourists ha ha ha...Too bad since he got married, he had been so busy. We lost contact ever since then. He has a boy now. :-))))

J@n!ce said...

Wen : The burn are healing. Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Juler : Thanks, will check it out :)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : That's so cool to have a friend visiting you & then both of you head over to my country as tourist.... Awww.. that's so sweet of your friend :)

So he's married now, how time flies... you are married too... hahahaha.. does he know that you are married to Finland? :)

Wuching said...

aiya i miss sentosa leh

J@n!ce said...

Wuching : Sentosa miss you too ;p

Amel said...

Yeah, I think he knows that I'm here in Finland. I've been sending him emails though he never replied he he he...Yep, time flies indeed! ;-D

He married a Japanese woman 'coz he went to Japanese for 2 years to be an English teacher there he he he...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape