Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2009-01-30

Amos has been "kissed" all over !!

Recently, there are a lot of mosquitoes in my house. The biggest victim happened to be Amos. This morning, I counted & there are around 15 spots all over Amos' !! Just his face alone there are 6 stings :(:(:(:(

I have no idea where those "vampires" are hiding. Apparently, I've tried to clean every corner of the house & sprayed insecticides.

I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night to catch them today !! Arrrghhhhh !! :(:(

Looks like its not a good NY start for Amos, he is coughing badly & sting by mosquitoes all over.....

Just look at how badly bitten my little boy is..... *sob* :(

This is a miracle... ...FIRST Commentator is Carlo
JANICE NG © 2009

39 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

kegler747 said...

Oh my! its like the mosquitoes really target his face

kegler747 said...

One effective way to treat those insect bites without the irritation is putting tea tree oil in the affected areas. It's natural too :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!
that looks horrible!!!!
I hope it doesn't really affect his sleep...
ever consider spraying insecticides in your room. Close the window and the doors. Suffocate the room for 2 hours.....in the afternoon

it worked for us. in fact we do it to the whole house and we leave the house to have a few hours of breakin the shopping centre while the mosquitoes are dying at home

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : Precisely. The cunning mosquitoes all target his face :(
Thanks for the suggestion, I've heard that tea tree oil is really cooling & effective for bites :)

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : That's what I do too. Close all the window & spray insecticides. However, I wasn't able to see any dead mosquitoes on the floor after that leh !! *sigh*

Amel said...

Oh dear...SO sorry to hear about this. BAD BAD BAAADDD mosquitoes!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Hope Amos gets well soon!

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Thanks Amel. I waited yesterday night but they did not appear..... Arggghhhh :(

Anonymous said...

Hi friend.. nice cool post.. do visit my blog and post your comments.. take care mate.. Cheers!

Enchie said...

my hugs to your little one :0 its that time of the year...we also have mosquitos bugging my little boy. I had to buy this tennis racket-like mosquito killer/catcher.

darlene said...

omg...that,,poor boy,dang bugs,thanks for the visit....yur the sweetest!!

J@n!ce said...

Ocean : Thanks for your words. Will be over yours :)

J@n!ce said...

Enchie : Since the day he got bitten, I have to apply insect repellent on his legs & mosquitoes patch on his pjyamas every night before he sleep. He is having running nose & cough at the moment so cant ON the aircon, else it would be better :)

J@n!ce said...

Darlene : You're welcome. Hope to see more pic of you at Cuba :)

Juliana said...

Oh NO..... That was terrible.... Hope he is ok soon...

The Bimbo said...

OH NO!!! poor Amos!! that looks so painful.. suffering! He's too sweet that even mosquitoes love him... I do hope he gets well soon.

Heart of Rachel said...

(((Hugs))) to Amos. Hope those marks will subside soon.

Mariuca said...

OMG Jan! 15 bites on Amos? That is terrible, poor baby! :(:(:(

Mariuca said...

How come la so many mozzies there? Lucky Aunty Marzie brought Mopiko for Amos he he! And a hug of coz! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Oooops almost forgot, Cafe 21 for ur mommy, she must be stressed until she wants to wake up in the middle of the night to catch them he he! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : The bitten area have shown signs of recovering. His running nose medicine has anti-itch effect so he hardly scratches now. ;p

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : Just so weird that the mozzies actually knew who is the youngest in the family & attacked him. I used to be attacked back at my mum's house u'know?!?!!??!!

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Its fading now. Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I haven't been able to catch any mozzies.... I really wonder where they hide & they seem to have disappear after I wrote the post. LOL :):)

Andrew Tan said...

I guess Amos blood group is B+ cos mosq just like that particular blood type the most.

You might wish to just air all the clothes and cloths lying ard to find these blood suckers.

Kriscell

Chinneeq said...

wah...so many love bites from the mosq :(

J@n!ce said...

Kriscell : They seem to have disappear these few days either the insecticide killed them or that they are scared off by the insect repellent or the electric mozzies or the insect patch.... So many prevention I've done now I'm also not sure which one is working.... LOL :D:D:D

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Ya loh, so heart pain la !! :(

chartao said...

Oh no...poor Amos...stupid mosquitoes!!

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : Terrible mozzies how they all attack Amos !! *sigh*

Anonymous said...

aiyoh, poor boy...

J@n!ce said...

Wen : Looks so painful right? *sigh*

Mummy Moon said...

Poor boy, maybe you can try to apply some mosquito repellent cream so that can avoid being bite again. Hope he is getting better now!

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

omg! poor amos! chloe also always a victim to these blood suckers. I wonder is it becasue their blood are sweeter? ><

HUGZ for amos! :)

J@n!ce said...

Moon : Yes, he is better now. I applied the insect repellent spray for him every night & whenever we head outdoors nowadays :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Seriously I'm unsure why the youngest one tend to be the victim. Maybe their ignorance & soft skin are easier target for the blood sucker ;p

Blur Ting said...

Oh dear, poor thing! Recently I have been getting mozzies in my bedroom too. I also keep wondering why cos the weather's so hot, the breeding should be lessened.

Maybe you should put a net around his bed?

J@n!ce said...

Blur : It had been calm nights for a few days when the blood suckers were back yesterday.... I tossed n turned cos they started to attacked me first. I ON the light to try to locate them but to no avail. This morning, I see that Zac's face had been bitten. *sigh* :(

Monica said...

oh dear! poor boy :-( *HUGS*

J@n!ce said...

Monica : Thanks for the hugsss :):)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape