Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-05-04

My own version of breakfast for the boys

Some of you should know that I'm a really lousy cook.... haha.... :D
Recently, I see that the boys are losing interest in the breakfast my maid prepares for them.
I thought it is time I step in to get some hands on...

Slowly, I started to get interested in preparing breakfast & supper for the boys, esp delighted on seeing that they enjoyed eating what I prepared & finished ALL. That's so encouraging to me !!

Here are a few dishes I made for the past occassions. Sorry if the art work is a bit "rough"... I'm still in the midst of polishing .... *blush*

Cranberry Jam in between bread cut into cute shapes


Sausages with cheese fillings, bread in a variety of shapes & party cheese cubes


Mini Pancake with Blueberry Jam, Ham & Cheese

Zac finished all the cheese (he doesn't really like cheese unless it is baked) by cutting them into small slices & decorating them.


Bread with cranberry jam & cheese in all sorts of shapes. They looked cute & palatable (as least to my boys.....hehe)


Egg Pizza with Ham, Parmesan cheese, tomato sauce & bread cubes.

I'm surprised that Zac actually finished all which comprises of 2 eggs. He must be starving while waiting for the slow mama at work in the kitchen.... wahahahaha :D

Now I understand why my mum always look satisfied when we commented that her cooking is terrific & finish even the last grain of rice. Its just a JOY seeing your kids gobbling up your home prepared food :)

59 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

wow! those really look so delicious :)

J@n!ce said...

Ling : You think so... hehe... thanks :)

LadyJava said...

Janice.. here I am spreading my Midnight Cheer and I see my HOT EC too ...lolzz..

Wah you very creative lahh.. if I were your kids.. I'll clean my plate too :)

Juliana said...

That was so cute breakfast, janice :D

If you have time will you visit my post today, Me and Lady Diana Thanks

Jackie said...

Bravo Janice!! Looks absolutely fantastic!!
Yummy:-)

emilayusof said...

Great job, Janice! They look yummies!

LadyJava said...

eh janice.. I just wanted to give you the code to change the HRD badge ya..

Just look for this line...

http://ladyjava.googlepages.com/redhotdrop.jpg

and replace it with this line

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/ladyjavva/redhotdrop.jpg

Thank you and please treat this as an urgent request.

Thanks again dearie
LJ

WaterLearner said...

So thoughtful of you! One great mama!!

Mariuca said...

Hi Jan! I agree, it's very satisfying to see someone really enjoying our cooking yeah? All the food look very nice Janice. Almost sayang to eat lol.. :)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Awww Janice, they look so cute that I think I'm going to try and convince wifey to make them for me ... urmmm ... I mean for the boys ... LOL!

Anonymous said...

those are really appealing to kid's. =d btw, i tagged you at my coloritgreen blog. please check it out.

LZmommy said...

Yummy! Great job Janice :)

Yup! It is a joy to see our kids enjoy what we cooked :)

J@n!ce said...

LJ : Thanks for your encouragement. I'm just beginner to making those kiddish breakfast only.

I've changed the codes you requested. However, I'm unsure how does it affect cos I don't see any significant difference wor? ;)

LadyJava said...

Janice.. thanks for doing the changes.. the change only affects the url... it's primarily because of bandwidth..

Thanks again and keep creating delish food ya :)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Sure, will be over yours now :)

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Emila : I'm trying to improve even better & thinking of new recipe :)

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Seeing them getting thinner each day is a heart ache too. They are beefing up now cos I ensure that they had a light snack before they retire for the day :)

Zac is also drinking more milk now than last time...

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : You think they look fantastic? I'm so flattered. Yes, its such a satisfaction seeing them cleaning up the plates ;)

J@n!ce said...

Nick : haha... your wifey is gonna hate me now cos I create more work for her... LOL :D:D:D:D:D

J@n!ce said...

Jane : Thanks. I've got much to learn from you too. I love all your Bento. They are so full of LOVE for your little gal :)

J@n!ce said...

LJ : You are awake now? I thought you will be resting cos you are a Midnight Angel....How come you don't have to sleep? haha....:)

I hope I have half of your energy ;p

Anonymous said...

OMG - can I hire you to come cook at MY house?! ;)

Anonymous said...

kudos to ya!!!! =)

its great tt ur trying so hard for yr kids. shows how much u care & love 4 them. Ur doing great Janice. It's great tt u put creativity in preparing the food. =)

chartao said...

despite saying that you're a lousy cook but you really seen good at making art with your cooking..

you're right that nothing beats people gobbling up all the food you cooked!

Unknown said...

Look so cute and appetizing. Okay mommy, do more cooking ya? See, your kids love it.

Blur Ting said...

You're so creative and I can see you put in so much effort to make the food look interesting. You really know how to take care of your boys! :-)

Well done!

J@n!ce said...

Dette : I will burnt your kitchen. haha :D

J@n!ce said...

Erisha : I think this is what pple called as Mother's Love. I just have to do something cos my boys are not taking their breakfast promptly ;p

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : Thanks. I will continue to think of creative way to present the food so that the kids will like it :)

J@n!ce said...

Lian : Thanks. Ok, I will try to improvise on my cooking skills. :)

J@n!ce said...

Blur : I'm so flattered. Thanks for your encouragement :)

Amel said...

BRAVOOOOOOOOO, Jan!!! Those look SO FUN to eatttttt...I have to learn from you for when I have kids later on he he he he...;-D

And yes, it feels WONDERFUL if our loved ones gobble up the food we prepare for them. Mmmm...;-D

J@n!ce said...

Amel : I think you can cook better than me...*blush* ;p

Health Freak Mommy said...

They are really beautiful. You must have spent a lot of time and effort in decorating the food.

J@n!ce said...

Shireen : I really did spend quite sometime on all those. Its really worth the effort lah ;)

HeyShae! said...

How wonderful. You did a great job. :o)

J@n!ce said...

Shae : Thanks :)

kegler747 said...

Wow! looks so yummy. So said that eating can't be playful :)

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : Its rather fun creating some art there...;p

Anonymous said...

wow!!!! interesting!!! like the egg pizza!!! err... i still cant find bread cutter.. bakery shop got sell? i know singapore sure got some really nice ones... must go internet buy..

so ur kids increased weight already? hehe.. sons getting taller already?

J@n!ce said...

Wendy : That's actually a cookie cutter. I used it to cut bread... haha...

Zac has put on some weight now. Can see his tummy now. However, he is still lean generally cos he is very tall. He is abt 110-115cm :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi jan! you're so creative & what a great way to brigthen up their day! :) Maybe u could make something for my party? Come over my place & Let's Party! :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : LOLxx you must be joking... you are Ms yummilicious, my cooking sucks....*faint*

Chinneeq said...

janice, that is a great start and see that u have really done a good job!! U must be happy when they eat your beautiful prepared meal :)

JK said...

Janice, you are doing a great job there. You know what, I'm beginning to learn how to prepare bento and I see sparks in my children's eyes when they see the bento. Outlook is important indeed.

eastcoastlife said...

I don't have such patience.... cutting the bread into beautiful shapes.... kakaka....

'Want to eat, eat. Don't want to eat, done!' hahaha....

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Yes, it is really a pleasant experience :)

J@n!ce said...

Jo-N : Creative bento is worth the investment. It makes the whole eating experience so enjoying :)

J@n!ce said...

ECL : Haha... luckily I've still got patience with my 2 boys. Maybe when they gets older, I would be saying the same thing ;p

Jackie said...

Oh Janice I always love it here so much.

You have so many beautiful pictures and the boys are simply glorious.

So peaceful and serene.

I grabbed your button.
Cherrs!!:-)

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : Thanks for your words & the drop :)

Trinity said...

Janice you are not lousy cook at all! I am here to note down the cake recipe.. think to shop the ingredient today..hopefully..hehe

Unknown said...

Wow I'm not a kid but that looks really appetizing to me!

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : Try it, its really delicious & easy to make too. No need to bake mah !! :)

J@n!ce said...

Pinay Jade : Thanks for your visit & words :)

Merecil Amigo Kidder (Em) said...

looks great and fun pretty sure kids loves those :)

Heart of Rachel said...

It's a fun and creative way to encourage the kids to it. Well done!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape