Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-05-12

Child Safety

Last week, I mentioned about the fearful incident when Amos got himself locked in the washroom. Something terrified happened to Zac last month too.

We went to Century Square over a weekend. My helper brought Zac to the washroom after lunch while we waited outside Kiddy Palace. The latter being a toy's shop which Zac loves to patronize.

My helper came out of the toilet 5 mins later with Zac. I saw them from a distance so I moved forward to carry Amos. When I turned over in the direction of the washroom again, I only get to see my helper. She was surprised that Zac was no longer walking beside her when I asked her about him. We immediately went on separate directions to search for our missing boy. So many unpleasant scene flashed across my mind. Kidnapped? Need to call police? ....Where could Zac have gone. I was so panic and regret not having any child id on Zac. There was no way Zac could have contacted us. I felt like crying...

I kept telling myself I have to stay calm and retrace the steps. Zac just walked out of the washroom, within such a short time, he couldn't have gone far, so I went into all the stores nearby. 1o mins later, I nearly burst into tears when I saw a boy wearing the same top as Zac flashed across me among some kids in the crowded Kiddy Palace. I shouted for Zac and was relieved to see him turned around. I hugged him like I never before. I am so afraid of losing him again.

When I relate the incident to a friend. She told me about this child locator .
The system is designed to assist users in finding their child. Apparently, the product is able to store children's information on hard drive and USB for up to 10 children per family. The program also offer DNA analysis and identity and fingerprinting kits.

I will read up more about child safety since it is of crucial to me. It is also vital that we teach our kids how to be safe.



19 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

chartao said...

So Zac just went to play at Kiddy Palace by himself??

naughty!!

nowadays so advance already?? Child locator!

Mariuca said...

You can never be too careful with kids yeah Jan? Even with 2 adults, he can still give u the slip. Must've been a terrible 10 minutes, but glad all turned out okay! Here's a lollipop for Zac! :)

Anonymous said...

happy mothers day, jance. blessings...

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : Precisely, I felt so lost while searching for him inside the Kiddy Palace. The outlet happened to be a rather BIG one. Glad to catch him while he was walking around. *phew*

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : That's rite, everything happened so fast that its really hard to believe. After this incident, I always ensure that I hold onto his hands tightly when I go out with him. He can get attracted with the things surrounding him & just walk a diff direction from us *sweat*

J@n!ce said...

Pia : Thanks & same to you :)

Trinity said...

Glad Zac is okay Janice, I know how you felt! It happened to Clay a few years ago! How is your mother's day? I am here to read about your oreo cake in Mother's day.. did you make it?

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : It just felt terrible when the kiddos are not by your side right?

We had a feast over at my mum's house on Sunday. I ate so much sinful food that I had to burn off some this morning on my treadmill :)

I did make the cake for my mum but I didn't take a pic of it cos I've taken it before on my first attempt. I was surprised that my first attempt looked much better than my subsequent. hahaha :D

Mizohican said...

Happy Mothers Day, Jan.

So if the trouble is not with one kid, it's with the other huh? lolz. Now I'm sure you must be having such peaceful Mother's Day :-)

I've heard of those child locator thingie. But sometimes it is inconvenient because you have to attach your child to the CPU using a USB line in order to install the software. :-)

And if there is an error in the software, sometimes your child will go haywire, sometimes suddenly stopping while he is running, and the only way to make him run again is to shut down him first :-)

And oh, be careful of infecting your child with viruses too. :-)

All in all, happy mother's day once again :-)

J@n!ce said...

Sandman : The 2 boys are already a handful to manage everyday. Thanks for your advise. This Mother's Day was the most meaningful to me bcos of the drawing that I received from Zac. Its just so sweet of him :)

Amel said...

UHHHH...it must've been SCARY for you!!! I'll remember this for future uses he he he...;-D

Btw, if we can save enough money, I think we're going to visit Singapore in October he he he...Only for 4 days he he he...We'll see!!! I'll let you know if we know for sure later on. ;-D

Blur Ting said...

Oh dear, you must have been terrified. I remember my kids wandered off when they were younger and you're right, the panic is indescribable!

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Wow, that would be great. Will it be your drop here for 4 days after your visit home? I hope you save enough then. All the best :):)

J@n!ce said...

Blur : I think I got to teach Zac to memorise my HP number now. haha :)

LadyJava said...

Oh wow Janice.. that must have been one scary moment for you.. kids are like that.. very impatient with a mind of their own.. but his child locator thing sounds useful.. best to read about it soon ya :)

J@n!ce said...

LJ : I have to keep watching out on Zac nowdays when bringing him out. He will just sneak off on his own !! :(

LZmommy said...

Hi Janice

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! :)

Glad that Zac is safe & sound :) I remembered it happen to me before and I went crazy for that few minutes!

J@n!ce said...

Jane : We just cant be too occupied with other things when out with the kiddos. Always got to be extra mindful :)

Chinneeq said...

oh dear, Janice, that is sooo scary!!!!! Thank God you found your boy. I think I would surely burst into tears immediately....

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape