Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-12-18

What I am using : Part I

Some of you may know that I incurred quite a fair some of money on my hair. I don't dare to calculate how much I spend on it. I am sharing with you some of the products that I've been using so far & I just cant live without it.

I will alternate to use all the following products depending on whether I rebond or color my hair.

At one point in time, my hair was so bad after rebonding from Kimage that my hair-stylist from SuperCut recommended Redken complete set of EXTREME hair product for distressed hair to me (from left : Shampoo, Conditioner, Protein Restructuring Treatment, Leave-on Treatment). I've used the full range for quite sometimes now & I really can feel the quality of the hair getting better. Each strand seems stronger now. They range from S$30-S$48 each.


From Rico Laboratories. Shampoo & Conditioner for rebonded hair. These are the 3rd set I purchased after I tried it over at my sis's house last year. You can only purchased it from selected salons. Cost about S$28 each.


All from The Body Shop.
Brazil Nut Moisture Mask to restore & strength Dry, Chemically Treated Hair.
Honey Moisturising Shampoo & Olive Glossing Shampoo. I love their smells..... hmmmm...


These are some of the easily available off-the shelf products that I am using occasionally from Silkpro & Dove.


These products worked for me too. The L'oreal Color Vive mask. Your hair feels soft immediately after using it. You can see the difference instantly.


After shampoo, these are the products that I used. All from the The Body Shop.

From left : Macadamia Straightening Balm , its a heat activated balm for long lasting kink-free hair. I supposed it should be applied prior to using the hair crimping straightener. I bought a straightener from Vidal Sassoon, makes my life so much easier now. I don't have to go to salon to style my hair... YAY !!
Next is my long time favourite Grapeseed Glossing Serum. I think this is the 7th bottle I am using now since I tried it about 2 yrs back. It is not oily & gives your hair instant shine & gloss. I cannot live without it. It cost S$24 for a small 75ml bottle.
Amilka Leave-In Conditioner, not so good as the previous one which effectively is for the same purpose.
Lastly, Bilberry Leave-In Detangler to help conditioner & shine. I love the smell of the spray. It makes combing so much easier.


After giving birth to Amos, I tend to drop mighty of hair. I stumble across the Shisheido Medicated Vita Voltage BL hair tonic from a magazine & read about how it is able to control the hair loss. I went to salons to purchase it the next day. Its not cheap, S$70.
The other bottle on the right is also a hair tonic from SP, System Professional. It has ginseng extract & only to be used at night. I don't know why too. S$58.

That's about all for my hair care products. So what are the products that you are using. Why don't you share with me too?

Coming up....my Shower & Face Wash products ....

To be continued....

35 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

kegler747 said...

Wow! that's quite a lot of hair products :) ... me i only use Vaseline shampoo :)

Yey! im the first to comment

Trinity said...

oh wow! You use so many hair and body care products! I bet your skin is really shiny and smooth..your hair is beautiful and healthy.. :-) will wait for the day to see you in personal!

Wen said...

me too oso spend alot of my hair.. me redken fan too!!

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : YAY !! Thanks for being my first commenter. For guys you just save a great deal on those products. *thumbs up* :)

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : They are not in good shape that is why I have to use all this to upkeep them...LOL :)

J@n!ce said...

Wen : Redken will be glad to know....hehe ;p

The Bimbo said...

WHOA so many stuff. :) The glossing serum sounds good. maybe I should try :) Thanks for the recommendations!

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : I think got sale now. Faster go buy :)

LadyJava said...

Wah Janice.. so many products just for hair ah.. no wonder your hair so beautiful..does the Shisheido Medicated Vita Voltage BL hair tonic works.. my hair also dropping but other tonic I tried no use lah.. waste money only.. in the meantime.. my hair thinning more!!..help!

J@n!ce said...

LJ : Actually I'm also not sure whether it is working good but my hair indeed grew back after I used it. However, my sis says that she din see any significant improvement in hers. Maybe up to individual. I felt better after applying it on my scalp somehow. :)

Anonymous said...

expensive hair you got !
you really take good care of your hair ya..

J@n!ce said...

Keeyit : My hair is in very distressed mode if they are not maintained well. Basically, my hair texture is very fine & weak, so no choice loh & I don't want to cut short my hair :)

Amel said...

WOW!!! Such an extensive post he he he...I don't use anything other than shampoo, Jan. I don't like using conditioner 'coz it makes my hair lose volume (so it becomes flat) he he he he...

Health Watch Center said...

Hi Janice,

Great post for everyone who are worried with their hair and skin problems...thank you for sharing.

Vinegar is a good home remedy for dry hair and it can be used in several ways to improve the hygiene and shine of dry hair.

Make use of one-tablespoon vinegar whenever we rinse our hair. As dandruff can make the hair to look dull, it is always good to use vinegar to remove dandruff.

J@n!ce said...

Amel : I cannot stand washing with just shampoo. Its gonna be very dry to me. I'm used to having flat hair. kekekekek ;p

Francine Ann said...

janice, thats something we have in common also. i spend too much money for my hair care.i love body shop too.right now, im still searching for a good product that protects my hair from knots. rebond dont exist here so im looking for something that is similar to rebonding

J@n!ce said...

Francine : I don't quite get what you mean by knots. You mean you hair all tangled is it? You can try the detangler from Body Shop. Just spray on your hair, then very easy to comb leh. :)

Blur Ting said...

wah, you really take care of your hair. now i cannot be jealous or compare cos my effort really pales in comparison. Hence my hair condition is much worse off!

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : My hair condition is very bad, you cannot imagine. That is why I have to alternate among all those products to keep them in place

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : My hair condition is very bad, you cannot imagine. That is why I have to alternate among all those products to keep them in place

Shemah said...

hi janice! Thanks for dropping by!

Are those products all yours?? My my! Those ARE alot! I don't know whether I'll finish all those products in a year! hehehe.. so you rotate using them daily, weekly, or until one set is finished before starting another set? :D Just curiousss..

J@n!ce said...

Health Watch Centre : Thanks for the piece of tips on Vinegar. It is something new to me. Let me check with my mum cos she has rather bad dandruff

J@n!ce said...

Shemah : They are all mine. *blush*
I rotate among them weekly. :)

Adrian said...

EEKKK!! Is that all for you? LOL

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : Yes... they are all mine :)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Wow, that is A LOT of hair products Janice. It looks like a hair salon you have there ... LOL!

J@n!ce said...

Nick : No lah, hair salon will have more :)

Bobby Revell said...

Wow Janice...that's a lot!!!!! I use plain bar soap...I don't even use shampoo...hahaha:)

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : My dad used to rely on a plain bar soap too :)

WaterLearner said...

That's a lot even for a woman you know. You are the reknown Miss Hor Miah liao lor.

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Don't say that lah... they are purchases over the years... not overnite wan.... keke ;p

Anonymous said...

i ditto the above..sorry..commenting backwards...

J@n!ce said...

Jyankee : ok :)

Mariuca said...

Wah, so many products Janice! Are Body Shop goods any good? I tried the Ice blue shampoo once when someone gave it to me as a pressie, but didn't do much for my hair. ;)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I've not tried that shampoo you mention there. I'm using more of Redken & L'oreal now to treat my distress hair :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape