I just love Oreo & Cheesecake. The 2 together would make a sinful treat for me once in a while. It would be wonderful if I could make it myself. It may seem easy for some but for a lousy cook like me, it could mean difficulty !!
Just the other day, my friend, Pauline (thanks dear) shared the recipe with me. I learnt from her that there are 2 methods to making the cheesecake : bake & non-bake version. I immediately requested for the non-bake version since I still haven't gotten an oven (sigh!!).
I went to Phoon Huat (Bedok branch) to purchase some of the baking stuff. The rest of the consumables, I got it from NTUC.
In case you are interested, here's the recipe :
ingredients (base) :
110g digestive biscuits, chopped into fine crumbs
40g melted butter
250g cream cheese
50g icing sugar
1 tbsp vanilla essence
8 oreo cookies (coarsely chopped)
4 oreo cookies (finely chopped)
250ml whipping cream
1tbsp gelatine powder
3 tbsp boiling water
1. Mix biscuit crumbs & melted butter together and press firmly onto the base of cake tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
2. Beat whipping cream with electric beater until 70% stiff or until mousse-like.
3. Double-boil gelatine & boiling water until totally dissolved. Keep warm. (to double-boil, heat a pot filled with water and place another bowl inside the pot & gelatine & boiling water into the bowl).
4. Beat cream cheese, icing sugar, milk and vanilla essence until smooth & creamy. Blend in gelatine solution.
5. Blend in whipping cream.
6. Pour 1/2 the cheese mixture onto the base. Chill for another 15 minutes.
7. Stir in finely chopped cookies into the other 1/2 of the mixture. Mix well.
8. Sprinkle coarsely chopped cookies on top of the first half of cheese mixture.
9. Pour in the other half of the cheese mixture.
10. Chill for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
It took me 1.5 hrs to complete the whole process & to wait another 3 to 4 hrs for the cake to chill.
Mission a ccomplished !! Presenting to you my FIRST ever attempt to make a cake *blush*
Greatest achievement for me is hearing that my hubs, boys & maid all say that
"Its YUMMY!!".... YAY ! !
If I can do it, you can too..... hehehehehe ;p