Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-04-11

Their REWARDS book

The 2 boys are sometimes driving me crazy. I can almost hear them fighting over practically everything. Most of the time, Zac has to give in to Amos. The latter is the naughtier one, he will want whatever Zac is using or playing :(

I thought of starting a reward book for them, they will be awarded a star (sticker) whenever they show signs of development, lend a helping hand or finishes their meal etc ...
Likewise, if they show signs of misbehave, I will remove the star that they have owned before.

They are eager to receive more stars & tend to behave better after my implementation. I told them whoever receives more star will get a present from me every month.

I decorated the cover page of the reward book to let them have a personal touch that it is their record book of progress. Zac chose the mickey stickers while Amos chose the Pooh bear & friends. You must be thinking how come there's a mini mouse at the bottom of Zac's page... cos she is looking at the charming Zac mah..... wahahahaha.....*blush*

I hope it can really work... so far... each of them has got 3 stars each... ;)

49 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Janice. I think it's a wonderful idea to encourage your kids to maintain good behavior. It's a perfect way to appreciate every little good deed they do.

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

jan, you're so smart!!! and you're always thinking of a way to educate yr boys! this is a superb idea! kids always love stickers!! i did the same to the children at nursery last time but i've nvr thought of doing it at home too! i hope you dont mind i steal yr idea hor? i'm gonna implement this to chloe too. i'll wait till she's 2 years old. thanks, superb mom! :)

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Yes, this is what I have in mind. To cheer them up in every little good deed they have shown. Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : You worked in the nursery before. So you must have a lot of ideas to motivate the children? Go ahead & steal the idea... no problem. Hope Chloe will love the idea & grow up to be a fine lady like her Aunty Jean... YAY !! :)

Trinity said...

great Janice! Well done!

btw, have you read my children's diary about sleeping position? hehehe.. I remember that you laugh when I posted one before in rooms of my heart.. If you haven't read it, this is the link

http://claycliff.blogspot.com/

Trinity said...

Ooops forgot to tell you, that I also tagged by Judy about link love, and I see your name on it.. I've added yours, in my list.. hope you add mine as well ok? *wink*

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : Yes, I saw it yesterday. You are really good at drawing those sleeping postions ah.... You can still rem I had a good laugh the first time round. It was really hilarious the way you describe it over pictures. Awesome :)

Sure will add you to the list when I do it. Thanks :)

Mariuca said...

Hi Janice! It's a wonderful idea and it would make a great gift for them later! :)

PS. You've been tagged, have fun and happy weekend! :)

http://mariuca.blogspot.com/2008/04/sweet-surprise.html

The Bimbo said...

That's a cool idea!!! encourages them to be good. :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Oh yes, the book itself would be a fabulous gift for them to keep. Thanks for the linky love & have a good weekend with B :)

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : Yes, they just love stickers & it motivates them too :)

^^TeReNcE^^ said...

the sticker motivation methodology did work for me during my old school days.. That was when I always score 90++ out of 100 for my maths exams during primary school :) Hee.

Anonymous said...

perfect idea!!! I shall adopt this when Joyce is a little older :) thanks for sharing...

WaterLearner said...

I think this is a great idea to motivate the boys. Let us know how it goes though. You might need to invest in stars of more colours to spur them to be interested to earn them :-)

Hugs Hugs to your little ones!!

Have a Great Weekend! What's up for you today?

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

that is a good idea...that will work with kids. they will be excited receiving stars.

You're a smart parent Janice!

J@n!ce said...

Terrence : I hope it could motivate my boys too eventually when they started school. However, by then... I think stickers may not work too well. They may want something more realistic. Kids are really smart nowdays :)

J@n!ce said...

Pauline : That's great, let me know of the progress :)

J@n!ce said...

Karen : There are about 6 colors to choose from. Whenever I ask Amos what color he wants, he will say purple. Cos he knows purple & white, but there is not white star. so he always say 'purple'.... LOL :D

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : hehe, thanks :)

eastcoastlife said...

They would be in the best behaviour for the next week ... next next week.... ermmm... then back to their naughty selves again. hahaha.....

Tried that with my students.

Anonymous said...

come along and write abt the 10 reasons you blog. =)
http://erishaling.blogspot.com/2008/04/10-reasons-why-i-blog.html

Anonymous said...

my son's school has something similiar too

J@n!ce said...

ECL : haha... let's see how my boys progress ;p

J@n!ce said...

Erisha : ok, thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Wen : That's good, hope it works for the kids? :)

Trinity said...

Janice!! how are you today?! Great Sunday? are you interested to read my mini series? It is great True Story and the episode 1 was up already...

A Mature Student said...

Isn't it amazing how a few starts really boost their eagerness to do things.

Good job.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Hey Janice, that's a really great idea. My two boys are the same, forever fighting about this or that with the younger boy getting his way always. I guess boys will be boys. And maybe I'll try your rewards book idea, who knows, it just might work with my two brats :D

JK said...

This is a wonderful idea Janice. Rewards work better than punishment.

LZmommy said...

This is a great idea! Wonder if it is too late to start on my kids..

Chinneeq said...

janice, thats a good idea. i think i m gonna face the same prob 2-3 yrs later :(

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : Will check it out later, thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Judy : Kids just love being praised & rewarded ;p

J@n!ce said...

Nick : You may have to get them more technie rewards for your teenage kids? hehe... ;)

J@n!ce said...

Jo-N : Definitely, I hardly punish them actually *heart ache*

J@n!ce said...

Jane : You can reward them in other means. Give it a try lo ;)

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Oh yes, you will definitely face it then with 3 little kiddos to manage. All the best :)

Nina Nichols said...

What a very interesting way to make little boys behave. I think resorting to reward instead of spanking or reprimanding has a more positive impact to kids...

Great blog you have here.:)

Amel said...

GREAT IDEA! I may need it much later in life ha ha ha ha...

And CONGRATS on Amos' achievement!!! HURRAY to saving money by not buying diapers HE HE HE HE...

J@n!ce said...

Nina : Hi, thanks for your visit & words :)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : hehehe... thanks.

Blur Ting said...

You're a good mummy! The rewards system always work especially when they are little.

J@n!ce said...

Blur : That's right, when they are a little bigger, I dun think they are interested in stickers... haha ;)

Unknown said...

Hope you fill up that book quickly coz' then it means you have very good kids :) Fantastic idea!

Themuxicbox said...

I hope by and by they will get use to behaving themselves even without the promise of a reward ;D

Sunshinelene said...

this is a nice tip on how to rear well behaved kiddos.

howdy janice?

J@n!ce said...

Lian : Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Jeslyn : That's the ideal case ... definitely :)

J@n!ce said...

SS4L : I'm good, thanks. Hope you are too? :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape