Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-04-26

Mama, open the door..... *sob*sob*

I had a fright yesterday night !! *sweat*

I walked off to the kitchen to bring some boiled water for Amos to rinse his mouth only to return to my bathroom to realize that he was locked inside. I was so panicky and none of the keys seems to be able to open THAT door. Initially, Amos was still ok being alone. I kept talking to him while trying to unlock the door. However, as time went by, my little boy also sense that something was wrong cos "mummy had yet to come in".... he started to cry. His cry added on to my fear !! I kept on trying and ensuring that he will be fine while calling the locksmith. Amos is sick (fever, cough, running nose) since beginning of the week. I was so afraid that he will collapse inside the bathroom cos he was having a fever. Then, I heard him coughing badly & vomited inside.

15 mins passed, the locksmith finally arrived..... ..... he told us that the lock was spoil and he had to break it in order to open. What came into my mind then was "do whatever you want with that damn door, so long as I could reach my boy" !!

The moment the door opened.... Amos was sweating so much as though just taken a shower. Oh my poor darling. He looked helpless and all shaken. I could imagine how scare he was !!

After cleaning him up. I immediately gave him a good warm hug.

Till now, I am still unsure if Zac locked the door leaving Amos behind in the bathroom or Amos pressed the lock himself.

I have to buy the lock protector once again now that such accidents happened!!
The boys likes to play with the door :(:(:(

48 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

*e*le*nie* said...

OMG....poor Amos.. fully support your idea of getting the lock protector.

Anonymous said...

Poor boy, at this I don't have lock in my bathroom. Nobody here anyway..faraway from family and guest :)

J@n!ce said...

Elenie : Yes, I have to get it today :)

J@n!ce said...

Nyumix : Wow, you have an open concept bathroom.... hmmm...hehe ;p

Mommy Lose Weight said...

my bathroom lock is quite high up and my kids couldnt reach. but they like to play the bedroom doors and locked it! lucky my son is tall enough to turn the knob. otherwise, I already kept spare keys with me.

Blur Ting said...

Oh dear. Poor child. At times like this, it doesn't matter what happens to the damn door, you just want to get the kid out!!

When my son was young, he got locked in the bedroom once too. Aiya, panic lah. Had to damage the entire door knob to get him out. Once his head got stuck between the chair seat and the backing, also had to unscrew the chair apart. I think boys get into such troubles all the time. Sigh.

J@n!ce said...

Ling : The bathroom lock is a bit spoil, will require some strength to turn the knob. That's way Amos wasn't able to open it from inside. haiz :(

J@n!ce said...

Blur : Precisely. You will be able to relate well since you have 2 boys too. This is actually not the first time. Amos was locked once before in my room but the knob was easy to open. So he open it for us to enter. However, he wasn't that lucky yesterday with the faulty knob in the bathroom :(

WaterLearner said...

Oh my! Thank Goodness he's ok!

You must keep a set of keys well-labelled in future. It must be quite a frightening experience for him.

^^TeReNcE^^ said...

yup. get a lock protector is safer for children.

but also good to use the opportunity to educate them dun play play with locks lor.

Either way, all for the sake of their safety lor. They sure will value the experience de. Yup :)

Mariuca said...

OMG, you poor boy you!!! For that, here's a huge lollipop for my cutie, and one for Zac too. I'm sure both boys must've been shaken by the incident.

And of coz here's the biggest lollipop for ur mommy for being so brave and calm to call the locksmith and rescue Amos! Big hugs to all of you! :):):)

Tak Feng and Li Li said...

Poor Amos. We always worried it will happen to my nephew too. Cause he loves to play with the door.

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Somehow all the keys are intact only the keys to THAT room went missing. In any case, even with the keys, still cant open cos the lock itself was damaged :(

J@n!ce said...

Terrence : Already told them countless times not to slam & lock the doors. However, they are just too playful :(:(

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Kids are just kids. Amos seems to forget abt the fearful incident just 10 mins after the episode and happily drinking his milk & smiling to everyone. I don't know to cry or laugh over it. Haiz....;)

J@n!ce said...

Lili : Then you all have to watch out on your nephew. Its really not fun when the kids get locked inside :(

Juliana said...

It must be scary for you :(( Hope everything was ok with Amos now... take care..

Chinneeq said...

this happen to many children....surely scare mummy out of her skin. Hope Amos is fine now....

Adrian said...

Poor little Amos!! He must have been terrified...so glad you had the presence of mind to get the locksmith over right away!!

Just makes me want to be more cautious too...I have the lock protectors but have not used them yet...might be a good idea to start!!

Taake care Janice! :)

Mizohican said...

That must have been a real scare for you! SO glad everything turned out okhay. You should have just done a Crouching Tiger back kick on the door :-)

Thank God I never experienced all that when I was a kid. I came from a poor family. We never had doors. *GRIN*

Anonymous said...

I think it must be the old type round head lock with a button at the center? Last yr my housemate locked himself outside at the balconi in the morning for an hour, at that time im sleeping, didt hear his sound....haha

Trinity said...

OH dear.. oh dear...poor Amos! He was sick and locked? OH dear!! hope he wasn't afraid to get in the bathroom again? no trauma? good!

Janice, I read this post yesterday through reader, but I can't load blogspot.. :-( I am glad I manage to leave you some comments again.

I know how Amos felt about it, as I was locked as well in the bathroom at night.. hahaha.. luckily, my hubby was at home, and he manage to take out the err... door handle (?) and make a little hole to hand a screwdriver to me.. it ended by me, break the door lock... Phew!

now we can't lock the bathroom door! LOL, so we put a slot somewhere high enough at the door so our kids can't locked themselves in it unless they are big enough.

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

oh gosh!! both of you must have shaken! Here's a lolli for amos & hot choco for you.

It's scary when this thing happen. No matter how well we are at keeping a close eyes on the kids, it will happen. That's why there are lock protectors in the market. Not only that, there are fridge lock, cabinet lock ,corner protectors, etc.. all kinds of protections, everything with one usage: to keep the children safe from it.

My jaw dropped to my stomach when i read amos was locked alone. Thank goodness he's safe now. How's his fewer?

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Amos has forgotten abt the incident (I think!!). He is still sick though, his running nose is worst now. :(

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Really terrified then *sweat*

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : Since you have the lock protector, should take it out to use :)

J@n!ce said...

Sandman : You make me laugh. Cant do a front kick cos the little boy was standing just infrot of the door ;p

J@n!ce said...

Amei : OMG, your poor housemate must be experiencing the longest 1 hr wait then :)

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : Lucky you, your hubs was at home when the incident happened. I usually bring my HP into the bathroom too just incase something happened to me and I need to contact someone... LOL :D

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Thanks. He is getting worst now. Fever in the evening (38 - 40 degree) & mucus turned yellow. Just went to clinic to get anti-biotic & more medicine. So heart ache to see him weak and cough & constant rubbing away his mucus.

Cant wait to see the cheerful Amos again :)

MakeTraffic said...

Hi jan, my son like to play with doors too! and i got the same fear as well. He got injured once playing withe the Lift door. Luckily it was only a slight abrasion.

I will pray for Amos. My son just recovered from flu. There is a flu bug around plus the weather is no good nowadays. it is a heartache to see them like that. We rather they are well and hopping around happily.

Take care and wish Amos get well soon so that he can play happily.

Wen said...

that's scary and panicky!! luckily Amos is alright..

J@n!ce said...

MT : Thanks... I'm also feeling unwell now. Starting to have sorethroat :)

J@n!ce said...

Wen : Yup, really scare :(

Amel said...

Oh dear...I couldn't imagine how you must've felt...esp. since he was sick and all that. Hope he's doing better now!!! Gee...once you have kids, you have to be really careful about EVERYthing, eh???

Anyway, about the sausage/cheese bread recipe...here's the link, but it's actually for simple white bread.

Baxis White Bread

I decided to separate the dough into several small lumps and then I flattened each part and put a sausage inside plus some cheese (sliced cheese) and added some bits of black pepper and rolled it.

Then I baked them. It's pretty easy, actually, but the recipe is only enough to make 6, so if you want to make more, you'd better double it up. But if you're not sure, you can just try it first he he...

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Thanks, will check out the recipe :)

LZmommy said...

Thank God mommy called the locksmith fast. Hugs for Amos...

Amos still having fever? Oh dear.. Hope he will recover soon.. My girl is ok now...

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Gosh, the poor boy. At least you managed to get him out of there without incident, ya? It must have been traumatizing for him ...

J@n!ce said...

Jane : Glad to know that your gal is okay now. Amos is also on the road to recovery. YAY :)

J@n!ce said...

Nick : Indeed traumatizing to all of us. He has since get over it ;)

Themuxicbox said...

Goodness! I'm glad nothing serious happened.

J@n!ce said...

Jeslyn : Me 2... really nightmare :(

Heart of Rachel said...

Oh my, 15 long minutes. I understand how scary that must have been.

I hope that Amos is feeling much better now.

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : He is fine now. Mummy is getting sick though.... sigh... the weather is so bad :(

Bobby Revell said...

I am glad everything worked out for the better and that Amos is fine! I also grew up poor like Sandman - we used the bathroom outside and took showers with a water hose...haha!

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : I rem in my younger days. We took shower using a very BIG tank which we scoop water from. haha :D

Shemah said...

oh my... poor amos!! if that happened to him when he's healthy i would have freaked out what more to say getting locked in in his condition..

but its been a week since then and i hope both of u r doing well..!!

thanks for dropping by through the RHD!! :)

J@n!ce said...

Shemah : Exactly, I really freaked out. I've attached a door protector though.

He is fine now. Thanks for asking :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape