Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2009-02-24

Zac is on MC for 10 days ... ...

Zac returned from school yesterday night and we realized that there were rashes on his foot and a few on his hands. Rashes were also on his body.

Without delay, he was rushed to the clinic... ...
Doctor's verdict - Zac is down with HFMD :(

This morning, I checked him again !!

There were more rashes now & even on his knee & abdomen. I'm not sure if HFMD only has rashes on hands, foot & mouth or the whole body??????? Or is Zac having chicken pox??
Can someone please enlighten me?????

This is a miracle... ...FIRST Commentator is Marzie

JANICE NG © 2009

39 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Mariuca said...

chop!!!

Mariuca said...

OH YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mariuca said...

Am I really FC? This would be my second time only but YAY!! U think can feature MPG this time woman? Yeeha! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Oh lucky me!! Okay I read ur post now yeah? ;)

Mariuca said...

Oh no! Poor thing, it looks quite bad yeah? Anyway, the best thing is for u to get a Doc's opinion, which u did already. But you can always take him to the hospital for a second opinion. I'm not too sure if it's chic pox, so better get a professional diagnosis yeah? Meanwhile, special hugs and love for my poor cutie!! :):):)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Ooo, kesian the lil fellow. Yeah, I agree with Marzie, take him for a second opinion. Here's wishing him a speedy recovery :D

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : You're FIRST !! Yes, the chairwoman of FC Club is here. LOL :):)

After discussing with hubs, we will wait a few more days to see the progress of the rashes whether it develops to blisters or it multiplies. Zac might be having dengue also cos he has quite a few BIG mosquitoe bites a few days earlier. However, he din have sign of HIGH fever as of yet. *phew*

2nd opinion is definitely a good option. Thanks for your suggestion, Marzie :):)

Zac needs lots of TLC now... he starts to get a bit cranky & frustrated staying at home. Looks like I have to plan a list of indoor program for him for the next couple of his MC days ;p

J@n!ce said...

Nick : According to a few friends, the sign of HFMD is still higher at his state of rashes now. So will wait to see how his body react. Will definitely bring him to see doctor again. Thanks :):)

kegler747 said...

Oh my! this is the 1st time I heard of this condition. I hope everything will be better soon. Thank you also for your nice greeting in my blog.

LZmommy said...

Oh dear! Hope Zac will recover soon... If possible, try to separate the 2 bros for the time being...

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : There are many cases of HFMD over here. The biggest hit are the childcare, pre-nursery & kindergarten. Zac could have got it from his friends in school :(

J@n!ce said...

Jane : You still haven't given birth yet? I have to be extra alert when the boys are coming close contact with each other. I try to sanitized most of the things that Zac touches & the toys he played. However, still difficult to control since staying under the same roof, but at least to the best that we could. His clothes are also washed separately.

cre8tone said...

Oh my!~ Get well soon~~~

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

oh my!! jan, sounds terrible lar. Good thing you brought him to the clinic right away! I'm not so sure if this is a chic pox, why not get a 2nd opinion? Always good to be sure, u know! ><

I'll pray for Zac, ok! Not to worry so much, ya! Hugz for you!! & more hugz for ZAC!! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

aiyoyo, jan, how are you coping wt it? Are you separating Amos frm Zac? I heard it's contagious. So hard to control lar like this!! *sigh*

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

Hope Zac will get well soon!! *HUGZ*

J@n!ce said...

LPM : Thanks for your visit & words :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Difficult to control precisely, the moment I see that getting close to each other I will have to pull them apart ;p

cre8tone said...

I juz added ur blog into my bloglist!~

Anonymous said...

girl, you know that my elder one JUST ended his battle with chicken pox right?

from the picture, it doesn't seem like chicken pox

but if you see bubbles on the spots than, chicken pox chance is very high

its not true that HFMD spots only appear on hand foot and mouth. just that these are the first 3 areas that show signs.
my niece had HFMD before, she had high fever and that resulted in heat rash together with the HFMD spots, so she is like measles all over...

keep watch, especially the fever ok... it can go really high!

poor mommy, got lots to manage now... can email me if you wanna check anything. I'm not a doctor lah, but got experience with both of your suspected illness mah... *smile*

forget about separating them lah, that will exhaust your energy more. just let nature takes its course.

but if its HFMD, then you've got to WASH ALL THE TOYS AND THE whatever(s) that was touch by the boy.... tough work! take care mommy! you must never fall sick hor... your boy needs you.

Mariuca said...

YAY! I am I am FC here Janice, so happy cause it's been ages! Hugs for us perfume lovers he he! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Oh no suspected dengue oso? Aiyo, better make sure he's okay then, pls get more rest and yes lotsa TLC for baby Zac! Here Aunty Marzie brought u special lollipop okay? :):):)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi jan, you've just been tagged! Coem & grab it when u are free,k! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

how's Zac now? hope he's feeling lots better. Here's more hugz for the adorable kor kor! :)

GagayMD said...

Hello Janice..this is my first time to be here!

gagay
gagay, MD

GagayMD said...

oh! Zac (am assuming, he's your son), isn't he ok now??

gagay
gagay, MD

J@n!ce said...

Gagay : Nice to see you here. I saw your avatar before at my buddies blog. Hehehe ;p

Thanks for asking about Zac. He looks totally "well" & doesn't seem like a sick person except for the rashes :(

J@n!ce said...

LPM : Thanks for adding me :)

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : I rem your son was MC from school recently also & actually went over to yours to want to consult you but only to realize that their case was chicken pox & not HFMD. I rem wrongly!!

Thanks for the good advise.

Zac didn't have fever today. He was totally fine the whole of today except running nose & the rashes didn't quite bother him at all. I seem more troubled seeing him with the rash but he just eat n play as normal. His appetite is still very good which the doctor mention to me also that HFMD will not really affect one's appetite.

Just busier than usual cos need to keep reminding the 2 brothers not to get near to each other & the toys & items that Zac touches, I have to ensure that Amos doesn't touches it until I have clean them!! Easier said than done, they just cant help playing together ... cant really avoid also :(

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Thanks for the lolli. I think I will keep it for Amos cos Zac doesn't really like lolli nowadays cos he understands that it is NO GOOD for his teeth. Smart boy :):)

Amos on the other hand, can eat one after another non-stop lah. This little fella :(

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Thanks for coming over again too ask about Zac. He has done a lot of "homework" today since he has to stay indoors. He actually complete one of his K2 chinese assessment, painted 2 pictures, drawn a book cover & played a couple of PC games. LOL :):)

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I really hope that Zac will feel better soon. It's good that you were able to see a doctor immediately.

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Thanks. I cant wait to see his clear skin once again without those bothering rashes :(

Monica said...

oh dear! *HUGS* how's Zac now? I hope his rashes clear up soon!

Anonymous said...

from my experience, FHMD started from the hands and feet and chicken pox starts from the body first. ur paed wld know better
hope Zac gets well soon!

J@n!ce said...

Monica : His palm (near to pulse there) has a few more rashes compared to yesterday but the rashes on his foot are diminishing :)

J@n!ce said...

Wen : There are rashes on his body too & they appear the same time as those on the foot.

Anonymous said...

I think there got one injection prevent chicken pox. I had that.

J@n!ce said...

Sherry : Yes, both my boys had been injection with that. However, there are still chances of getting the pox ;p

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape