Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2009-02-18

Our first visit to Marina Barrage

The Marina Barrage is Singapore's latest downtown icon. It is built across the Marina Channel between the reclaimed lands of Marina East and Marina South. The Marina Barrage creates Singapore’s 15th reservoir, and the first in the heart of the city. It was officially opened on 1 Nov 2008.

The S$226 million project turns Marina Bay and Kallang Basin into a new downtown freshwater Marina Reservoir. It has a 3 -in 1 benefits of supplying water, flood control & as a lifestyle attraction. You can read more about it here.

We made a trip there last Sat. The boys were too young to understand the purpose of this reservoir. They were more interested in the water splash playground for the children :)

We stayed at the place for nearly 2 hours till our body could no longer withstand the burning heat from the sun :)

Zac was reluctant to leave. I have to assure him we will re-visit the place very soon & the next time round, more equipped !! ie. Sun block lotion and plenty of water :)

This is a miracle... ...FIRST Commentator is Carlo
JANICE NG © 2009

47 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

kegler747 said...

Hey Janice! Sorry for not visiting often because I have a deadline to catch :)

I saw this Barrage in Discovery Channel or National Geographic while they are building it. I'll go there next time I visit Singapore very soon.

kegler747 said...

I love the pictures especially the one which looks like Amos is peeing, hehehe. I can't blame them that they are reluctant to leave as the water playground is so inviting.

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

oh no!! i missed FC here! :( boohoo to me!

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

janice, i love the this photos video, so grand lar the starting! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

wow, u guys hv the ferris wheel too! cool, jan! looks like the boys had so much fun playing wt the water. :)

Unknown said...

Wah, so much fun. BTW, seeing that you are so sporting with tags, thought I'd pass you one:
http://mamasbagoftricks.blogspot.com/2009/02/9-questions-tag.html

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : Its ok, no worries. Thanks for coming over to visit :)

I missed the building part of it. It must be quite a good watch over at discovery or NG :):)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : You missed by nearly an hour. Its ok. Thanks for being my 2nd C :):)

The opening part so FUN, I saw it has this new feature so I tried it & Viola... I become the director !! ;p

Oh yes, we have this Singapore Flyer but I haven't board on one yet. There are complimentary tickets for the first 2009 over the weekends & I missed the first giveaway last week. I hope to be able to get it this or next week :D:D:D

J@n!ce said...

Lian : Thanks, will check it out :)

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : I forgot to comment just now about the photo. Hubs purposely took the photo that way for that effect. Looks like it really works !! :):)

Enchie said...

Just in time for this boding moment. I have a mom award for you.

Lemonjude said...

The boys sure have fun plash there, another great place worth a visit.

Mariuca said...

Wow jan, ur slide shows are getting better n better! :):):)

Mariuca said...

I love seeing ur pics sweetie, cause u're always having fun!! ;)

Mariuca said...

Jean, me too missed FC! :(

J@n!ce said...

Enchie : So cool, let me head over to receive it. Thanks, Enchie :)

J@n!ce said...

Judy : Yes, it will be more enjoyable if not for the hazy cum sunny weather :(

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : The opening part so entertaining right? I added it for a change & humour there !! ;p

Farah Deen said...

Interesting! We are going to Singapore in two weeks time- and will be there for 5 days. So, if we have the time, maybe a visit to this reservoir would be good? Talking about the heat, it's burning hot here too! I wish we had winter, I bet I wouldn't complain. LOL

J@n!ce said...

Farah : Prepared to bring extra sets of clothing, lotion & lots of fluid for the trip there :)

Pia said...

hi janice. i'm so glad to be back blogging. just a quick announcement. i have a new web addy. i also have a giveaway - my first ever. hope to see you there. =D

J@n!ce said...

Pia : Thanks for inviting me to your first blog giveaway. I love your new header & added your new blog to my blogroll :)

Anonymous said...

You know that has become my favourite place right from my many posts on it?

now that the keatkeat's chicken pox is gone, maybe its time to go back for another visit. *wink*

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : We have to return there very soon too. Its a good & relaxing day for the kids to immense themselves in the fun while we sit by the 'shade' & watch them :):)

Anonymous said...

you didn't jump down and get wet yourself? I tot I saw you in with them? so only in the 'tunnel' where you get little sprinkles only ah?
*laugh*

I got down and wet leh!!!
*laugh* so fun to play like a kid!

WaterLearner said...

Must be a fun trip. Can't seem to see the pictures here from my office. Perhaps my office blocks this application.

Anyhow, you must have had a fun time. Long long time no chat with you liao. Hope everything has been fine and ok.

J@n!ce said...

Angelne : Talking about that. Hubs told me to stand inside the 'tunnel' so that he can take pic for me. It so happened a gust of wind came over in my direction. I become a wet victim enclosed by the water. I did not bring extra set of clothes for myself. As such, I have to 'dry' myself under the HOT HOT sun. *sigh*

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Thanks, I was there just now :)

J@n!ce said...

Karen : You cant see it ah? Maybe you can view it when you are back home? It my "first directed" slide show !! ;)

The place is so cool. Really a romantic place for you & hubs for a good night walk around!! Check it out!! :):)

LEon said...

2 hrs under the sun is too much sun already... tan tan tan. LOL

J@n!ce said...

Leon : 2 hours in total from the time we reached there. But actual staying in the sun is less then that!! :)

Heart of Rachel said...

I enjoyed the photo slide show. Looks like everyone had a great time especially the kids. I love how you all enjoyed playing in the water.

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi jan, Happy friday to you!! All the best in getting those complimentary tickets! ;)

Juliana said...

wow...you made lots of photos. COOL...

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Yes, Zac was so reluctant to leave. You can imagine how enjoyable the place is to him :):)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Thanks so much. I hope I'm lucky :):)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : That's right !! Taking photos for the boys is MY HOBBY. LOL :):)

Monica said...

wow I like the slide show of all your cool pics ;-)

^^TeReNcE^^ said...

i never been to there b4.. only saw it not far from my work post during my NS recall last year.. Haha.

Okay.. I shall drop by one day :) will bring sun block, moon block, whatever block.. haha :)

J@n!ce said...

Monica : Thanks. I have so much fun playing with the slide show :)

J@n!ce said...

Terrence : You should bring your wifey there. She will like it :)

Rem to bring along your 'moon block' cos most likely you will go in the evening rite? More romantic ma !! ;p

Mariuca said...

Hola Jan, I have some awards for you, do come by to accept them when u’re free, happy Sunday! :)

Amel said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW the kids really enjoy the trip, eh? ;-D What a fun trip for the family! ;-D

Leena said...

wow, such a nice place. Must sure visit on our next trip to sg.

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : They just love to play with water :p

J@n!ce said...

Shern's Mom : Yes, Shern will love it :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape