Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-11-05

Hug your loved ones

Last Fri, we went out for a drinking session with 3 of my sis & brother. Btw, if you remember... I've got a big family. I'm the youngest with 5 other sisters & 2 brother (my elder brother, deceased).

We arranged to meet at my parents' house first. My eldest sis, Jenny, arrived early & both of us were bored so we get my mum's maid to take photos for us. Can you imagine that my eldest sis is 14 yrs my senior? However, she still look youthful for her age. Her 2 daughters are already over 20+ yrs. How time flies. In a few years time, she will be a granny. The pretties granny I have ever known... haha :D


Jenny has put in a lot of effort for our BIG family. There are traces of her appearance every little steps of our journey. She is a counsellor, mummy & kind sister to me. I don't know what will happen to our BIG family without her. :)

Try to spend more time with your family & treasure those moments. If you love & care for someone, just tell & hug the person, don't wait till it it too late to do so... ...


Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

50 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Trinity said...

Hugs from Trinity! :-)

Jenny looks like you a lot, Jan! It's so nice to have a great sister like her...

Mariuca said...

Hi Jan! I can see the resemblance, you guys look alike! 14 yrs ur senior, wow...ur right, she still looks so young! I'm happy u had a good girls' night out, happy Monday! :):):)

Anonymous said...

14 years elder? Sure anot? Still looks so youthful like you. Maybe it runs in the blood.

kegler747 said...

The last paragraph... Very well said Janice :) We only realize the importance of a thing or person when we don't have anymore the chance to have it.

WaterLearner said...

Hi Jan!

Wow, she is 14yrs your senior? Definitely she does not look her age. In fact, you also do not even look your age (shoo..a secret between us). Indeed strong family ties are very important when we are walking through rough terrains in life.

Blessings! Looks like you have had a good time last Sat!!

Chinneeq said...

Hi Janice, good to hear u are doing well now :P

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

14 years your senior huh, Janice? She really doesn't look the part ... Some people can look young no matter how old they are, how I envy them ... siggghhh ... LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hi J---two wonderful looking sisters. That is a large family. Nice to hear that you all are close (smile).

Chin Sh'n said...

OMGosh, Ur sis look reli reli reli reli young..doesn't look 14 years your senior!! You'll surely be like that too in the near future..hehe..n yeah, always try to spend more time wt our loved ones =)

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : You think we look alike? Wait till you see the rest of of sis, we are somehow look alike in our face feature :):)

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have such a big family Janice! And quite such a big age gap.

You can't miss that the two of you are sisters...

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : We have a good time chatting with my late bro's best fren like I told you. But sad that we all din get to know him much better than his best fren did. That inspire me that we should really care about our loved ones as long as we still live :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Ed : hehe... thank you. However, I felt that I look haggard nowdays after my bro passed away. I cried so much that my eyes are swollen & dark circles formed around my eye areas. I'm still sleepless occasionally now :( ~~~~~

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : That's right, we should try to spend every min we could afford with our loved ones :):)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Its last Fri nite actually, then we spend overnite at my mum's place. Thanks for your compliments :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : I'm feeling better now, thank you :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Nick : I told my sis that she doesn't look like her age that day. She is happy to hear that & said that dinner is ON her. LOL :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

TNP : Indeed a BIG family. Pros & cons actually. I'm glad to have a caring sis like Jen :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Shn : Nice to see you here again :)
My sis will be glad to know that my frens think that she is not quite her age too :)

Janice Ng

Leena said...

this granny-to-be is sure very lenglui. definitely one of those hip granny in the future. cute photos.

J@n!ce said...

Sharon : Actually where exactly do we look alike? I cant see exactly but pple tell us so too :)

Mebbe we are so used to each other's look already... hehe ;p

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Shern's Mom : You are right, my sis is a hip mummy now & sure to be a hip granny in future :):)

*applause* to her for the well maintenance :):)

Janice Ng

LadyJava said...

Hi Janice..

OMG how young is your sister?? she has 2 20+ yr old daughters.. oh woman. what's her secret?? hehehe.. it's great to have a big family eh... I only have one other sibling.. you know mommy was during SG era of two is enough campaign...heheh:D

Cheerio
LadyJava

J@n!ce said...

LadyJava : I also duno what is her secret. Perhaps hanging around with teenage gals of hers do help a bit.. hehe ;p

Janice Ng

Blur Ting said...

Indeed, she looks so young! You'll look so young too, when you're her age!

2 pretty sisters sitting in a row...

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : Thanks, but I'm starting to see some lines & dark circles under my eyes now. I have to take good care else I will really aged very fast :(

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

think its the hair that makes both of u looks more alike..the features are prob alike too, but photos very small ...
glad to see u and ur sis are smiling again... ur mummy ok?
btw, u and ur sis looks so young and pretty

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

jan, both u & your sis hv the same eyes. And she's 14 yrs your senior? amzing! she doesn't look that old.

it's great to have good relationship with your siblings. Keep it up! :)

Jean Chia

Jackie said...

Wow what a lovely share Janice. Both of you are just beautiful. And my she doesn't look that much older than you.

I have come to understand large families to some manner because my husband is from a family of nine. Well, there are 8 of them now as he too lost a sister.

You are very fortunate just as he to have such a wonderful family. I am an only child and never knew the joys that sisters and brothers share.

I too am glad to hear that you all got together and had a good girl's night out.

Happy Monday and God Bless,
Jackie

emilayusof said...

Janice! Your sister is pretty and you look so alike! Wow! She looks 20s!

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Janice, you and your sister look alike. All very pretty hehe.

I learn to treasure my love ones. God give them to us and we should love and treasure every moment

Hey, Come and celebrate my 100th post with me and collect your award!

Cheers!

MakeTraffic

Sam Chan said...

Hi Janice,

Very very true! We must treasure all the moments with our family.

"A life is Too Precious to Waste - To spend on Anything But the Best."

Hmm.. you really looks like your sister.

May you continue to have a great family!
Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion

Anonymous said...

Janice, thanks for the reminder.
As we grow older, we learn to appreciate the family.

It is hard to tell the younger kids due to their carefree attitude.

I pray that families throughout the whole will focus on love and care for one another.

Very nice photos.

Adrian said...

Janice! Glad you had a little time out witht he family! :)

Hey your sister sure doesn't look like shes 14 years older than you! :) You guys hiding a fountain of youth there somewhere! :)

That was good advice you gave...treasure what you have while you have it! :)

The Bimbo said...

Thanks for the reminder Janice. Often we're so busy with our lives that we forget family. Even when I live with my parents... sometimes the moment I get home I huddle in my room, typing away. And when they call, I get irritated.

Thank you. That is one reminder I'll always need. :)

Amel said...

WOW!!! Your big sis is really SO young. I'd LOVE to look THAT good when I'm her age. ;-D

I'll remember your advice, Janice! :-)))

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Family and friends ARE so important. The power of a hug goes a long way. Super post Janice, and you & your sister look very pretty in this picture.
I think I am going to write my brother a letter now :-)

Eric "Speedcat Hollydale"

lilifxt said...

hi janice it is lovely to spend more time with your loved ones
u are right your sister looks young and look pretty too like her lil sister
GOD BLESS

J@n!ce said...

Wen : Thank you for asking about my mummy. She is slowly adapting to days not hearing my late brother's voices on the phone. They used to comm via that means. It really needs a lot of time to heal the loss :)

You are right, could be the long hair that sees the resemblance somehow.... haha :D

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Jean : So its the eyes you see the resemblance... hehe ;p
Thanks for telling me that. My sis went for lasik many yrs back & now is totally free from those eyewear. How I envy. I'm a scardy cat to go under ops leh !! :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : There are pros n cons to having a BIG family. Being the only child would be lonely though but you get to share the ONLY pie. hehe ;p

My sis n I have a good time catching up last Fri :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Emila : I told her so too n she was flattered n said that the dinner will be ON her that day :):)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

MT : Thanks for the award n congrates on making that 100th post mark :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Sam : Thanks for your insights. I love your phrase :""A life is Too Precious to Waste - To spend on Anything But the Best."

Have a good day :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Judy : Very very true. I learnt to appreciate what my parents & family had done for me during my older days. I wish I could turn back the time when I was younger & still going out with my parents holding their hands. They are old now to hardly go a longer journey *sob*

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : I really don't have any secrets to youth myself. I'm not using costly beauty products either. All I know is that I'm a water & fruit person.... haha :D

I'm glad it does help a bit....;p

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : I was once like you. I get irritated when my parents call at me. We have to change this part of our behaviour. I have grown to appreciate what my parents had done for me after being a mother myself. Cherish the time you spend with them now :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Glad that my simple post do have an impact on others :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Eric : Oh yes, you better start catching up with your brother. Have a good day :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Lili : Nice to see you here, looks like you still haven't got a helper n busy with the boys still. Hugs for a supermummy who have done all out of love for her family.....muackkkkssssssss :):)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape