Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-11-13

My first 3D model Car

Last mth, there was an assignment from Zac's school. The theme was transportation. Parents need to assist the child in doing up a 3D model of transportation using recycled materials.
Hubs not in town then. I had to visualize & build it up myself.
I used the empty boxes from the boy's food & the core from the toilet roll.

Then, I pasted some colored papers with the help from Zac just to beautify it. I cut the toilet roll core & Zac colored them using black color pencils.

Zac helped to paste the wheels & added in some stickers. I told Zac the bigger Chipmunk is mama & the smaller one is Zac sitting beside in the car.

I was shocked that Zac replied "Mama drive then brake.... I leaned forward like that !!"

I think he remembered the other day when I stepped rather hard on the brake & he got a shock. He leaned forward due to the braking force. I turned around & asked him if he's ok & said sorry to him. Such accidents tend to make the kid remember. Its really scary. I need to be more cautious... ....

I asked Zac if it looked like a car, he replied "Yes" & held proudly in his hands !!
This was my first attempt to make a 3D model. I did it in 15 mins. So glad that my boy thought it was good. That's so encouraging to me !! YAY !! :):)
Such funtime with the child at home doing some simple art craft is meaningful yet enriching ... ... :):)



Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

47 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Blur Ting said...

Well done! Treasure these moments with them... this is the time when they think mummy is the BEST is the world! Of course they will still think so when they grow older but they won't show their adoration so openly anymore.

Heart of Rachel said...

Great job Janice. Making projects together is a rewarding experience.

Chinneeq said...

Janice, I love d idea of cutting up the toilet roll for the wheels :p

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : That's so true. I believe you are facing it now your boys are slightly older. I will soon be in that phase. I hate to face it, but no choice :(

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : That's right, its so enjoyable to complete a task with the boys esp a successful one :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Thanks, I just took whatever I have at home to make the car. Glad that it still works !! hehe ;p

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

Anonymous said...

The joy and experience of doing arts and crafts with your boys ... priceless!

J@n!ce said...

Ed : Yes, its hard to come by for me to sit down to do those arts actually if not for the assignment from the school. LOL :D

However, I will try to spend more of such times now !! :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

jan, i love doing arts & crafts! my fav childhood past time! :)

u did well! if it's pink car, better still! LOL!

J@n!ce said...

Jean : I thought so too but its for Zac, so I stick to boyish color :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

Adrian said...

Jan! Wow can also make nice looking cars huh? Pretty cool lah and cosidering you did it in only fifteen minutes...great! :)

I like the "Chipmumps" as my little one calls them on the front too! :)

Cheers!

MakeTraffic said...

Wow! You are an artist Jan, I wish i can do that. You did that in 15 min with recycled material! wow wow! you are a Green mummy now (i mean the Live-Earth kind and not the Incredible Hulk kind LOL). cheers!

I will be posting series of educational toys that parent can buy for Christmas, on my funparent
blog http://funparent.blogspot.com/ soon. Will let know know once i have posted.

Meanwhile, please visit my latest post at http://projectheavytraffic.blogspot.com/2007/11/lets-continue-to-blog.html

Cheers!

MakeTraffic - for more Web Traffic

J@n!ce said...

MT : It was a very rush work for me. I hope I can do something nicer & better for the boys in future :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : Thanks, I'm surprised to have done it within such a short time. Most likely bcos I've got a little helper there to help me with the pasting & stuff like that... hehe ;p

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

jon said...

Oh now that's just too cute! :) Both of them! :D

ARON WONG DOT COM said...

what is da brand for da car?? hehehehe enjoy more.... take care

Mariuca said...

Janice, you're such a great mom, the car looks absolutely perfect! :)

The Bimbo said...

Janice you're such a cool mom! :) haha we'll be seeing life sized robots soon?

J@n!ce said...

Jon : Thanks for your visit & comments :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Aron : So cute, haven't think of the name yet. You want to think of one for me? ;p

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Thanks, so glad to hear that from you. YAY !! I made it !! :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : Wow, robots, that's more for my hubs to make. He did one during his poly project :):)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

emilayusof said...

Great job! Your car looks great! I can see it in Zac's face that he is so proud of his creative Mummy!

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Thanks, I'm surprised that I could create that car in such a short time & Zac just love it :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

it's pretty cool! i can't do that in 15 minutes, you're good.

btw, he didn't put on his seatbelt?

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : Thanks, I got Zac to help out on some details to speed up the process. haha... you are really observant, I missed out the seatbelt huh !! ;p

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

RW said...

Good job Janice your a great mommy! :D

J@n!ce said...

Roger : Thanks for saying so. Wow :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

Anonymous said...

Congrats on creating your 3D car!!!!! Zac looks very happy in these pictures! You are a great mom!

J@n!ce said...

Hipmommy : The car had been damaged by now after taken back from submission. Luckily I took the photos during the making.... phew ;p

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

Leena said...

wah, zac's car got number place somemore and chipmunks as drivers. good job mom. indeed a creative piece of work.

Trinity said...

Janice, you are really good at handycraft! 15 minutes doing that model car? wow.. are you flash mommy? LOL... well done Zac's mom!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Whoa Janice, you're into making cars now, huh? LOL! Not bad looking car too ...

J@n!ce said...

Shern's Mom : Thanks for your compliments. I never thought I could make one too if not for the assignment from the school :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Nick : haha :D
Bcos of the school assignment, else I dun think I will make it... lazy mummy basically !! ;p

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : LOL, its really fast thinking back how I can do it !! :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

Lemonjude said...

This is something creative, we even can make others like train, truck just with boxes..

Btw, a simple tag for you. J for Janice.

Amel said...

Hey, that's a COOL car, Janice!!! BRAVO for you!!! I suck at making handicrafts he he he he...

Zac looks SO proud of his car indeed he he he he...;-D

J@n!ce said...

Judy : That's right, I would have used tissue boxes for a truck. Thanks for the interesting tag :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Amel : I'm very bad at handicraft too. I think this is my first time doing it for the boys !!

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

Anonymous said...

wow! u r so creative. i doubt i can do it..

Amel said...

Hey, you did a FAB job for your first handicraft! ;-D

J@n!ce said...

Wen : Thanks, I din expect I can do it too :)
The feeling was really good !!

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Amel : You think it was good? Awww.. thank you :):)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing and giving me ideas. I like the 15 minutes part of it. Hehehe.

J@n!ce said...

Lian : Glad to know that my little humble arts piece could give you some idea. :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

risang: 3d model and design said...

sometimes i found a litle problem in my 3d project. but this post give more inspiration for me. thanks

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape