Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-11-22

Throwback Thursday : Little Zac & Mummy

These photos were taken on 4/11/2003. Exactly 1 mth after giving birth to Zac. Sorry that I still look very heavy. It was a chinese tradition to bring the baby to the parent's house to celebrate. Zac looked so tiny in my arms, I could carry him using single arms actually. Zac was sleeping soundly througout the journey to my mum-in-law's house, he was still sleeping while we took the pictures. hehe ;p
I went to the salon to get my hair trimmed prior to that. The hair stylist wanted me to create a different look to my usual long straight hair. He curled up my hair. I was quite reluctant but he ensure I will look fine. I'm gald I tried it cos it was quite an experience. I am not a very adventurous person when it comes to changing of hair style. All bcos of my hubs, he said I look terrible in short hair :(
So everytime I go to the salon, I have to ensure that my long hair is maintained ! haha :)

57 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

WaterLearner said...

Wow .. like I said, Zac was really born handsome leh!

I didn't know that Mr Janice fancies only long hair. My hubs prefers me with short hair. I think the stylist was right. You look good with the curls leh.

Alas ... The Power of Love prevails!! Long silky hair for her Prince Charming!

J@n!ce said...

Karen, you think he is handsome? I duno how to see leh. Everybody says so but I really duno loh ;)

I spend the most about of my money on my hair. I was terribly sad these few weeks cos it was in a state I could no longer control it. So frizzy & brittle & dry....

HAIZ ... :(

Janice Ng

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Jan, yes i agree. Zac is very handsome! In fact he is more handsome now.

Baby appearance changes when he is older.

My son appearance change when he grows older. I am 100% sure my son is more handsome than me.

Cheers!

MakeTraffic - for more Web Traffic and friends

J@n!ce said...

MT : Show me your son's photo. I want to see his handsome face :)

Zac's curly hair is the talk of the town since birth, the curls are less obvious now :)

Janice Ng

Sam Chan said...

Hi Janice,

You are really enjoying all those sweet memories from Zac's baby photos! My notebook also have plenty of my children younger days photos and it does gives me great moments every time those photos appear when the screensaver get activated.

BTW, I also told my wife to keep her long hair because I prefer long hair :-)

Blessings to you, Janice.
Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion

emilayusof said...

Aww...Zac is so tiny and adorable! You still look pretty despite the baby fat!

J@n!ce said...

Sam Chan : Did you back up those photos of your boys from the notebook in case it give you problem? Like it just did recently to yours?

I can see that your wife has got long hair too. Now I know the reason why :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Thanks. Karen told me I look better having those baby fats actually...LOL ;p
But who would want to look fat lah. I'm learning from her to exercise 3 times per week now.
Do you have throwback today. Let me check on yours :)

Janice Ng

Mariuca said...

Hi Jan! You look great la for someone who just gave birth, where got heavy?!! ;)

I actually like ur hair here, it looks nice! :) And welcome to the world lil' Zac! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Wait till I stand up & let you see my bottom half... The pants doesn't quite go along with the top cos I cant fit in any of the clothes. Weird to wear back the maternity clothes too having giving birth mah. So just wear this wrap around pants. hehe ;p

I think I like the curls too, I've got more hair last time with the huge curls look better :)

Janice Ng

WaterLearner said...

I had a super bad hair period when I was in Barcelona. I could not get the usual shampoo and conditioner that we use here in Singapore. So I ended up trying many different brands. But my hair got really dry and frizzy.

I often joked with my colleagues in Barcelona then. That my hair was so dry and frizzy that at times when some birds fly over my head, they would mistaken my hair to be their nest and wanted to come down to lay eggs lor. They found it very funny when I said that. But I really hated my hair then.

Chinneeq said...

Janice you looks so sweet and innocent!!!

J@n!ce said...

Karen : This is the 2nd time I am typing this. I seem to be losing my comments.

Are you with long or short hair back at barcelona? I think cannot be held since we always rebond & color, lacks of hair treatments to protect the hair lah. Sometimes lazy to go do it also very ex & waste money. Correct or not? ;p

Btw, I like to use L'oreal Elseve mask, they are very effective. Try it n lemme know if it works for you.

You are always making me laughing like crazy. The mother bird landed on your hair will make a perfect picture for the year photography contest. Terrific, Karen..... wahahahahaha :D

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : *blush* ... hehehe.. you think I look sweet in that? Awwww....I din expect such a remark cos I thought I look so lifeless & tired struggling with the bb with sleepess nights.
Thank you so much, I'm so flattered :)

Janice Ng

The Bimbo said...

haha like you I don't look nice with short hair! But I think curls look very sweet on you wor!

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : My hair is getting so dry, I cant possible perm my hair now. Mebbe occasionally try styling the curls. I think that would be a better choice for me. I cant stand my hair perm up like that. Difficult to maintain & I'm so lazy :(

Janice Ng

Blur Ting said...

Actually you looked very good for a post-natal mum you know! I like the curls and your hair looked so shiny and healthy.

Yah, Zac has sharp features. Handsome boys you have.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Gosh, they're so small and fragile when they're at that age, ya? Looks so peaceful in his sleep.

I'm always harassing my wife to change her hairstyle. Sometimes I want her to cut it short, sometimes shoulder length, sometimes long ... LOL!

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : Thank you, I've got lots of hair then, all healthy n shine. Its only getting earlier this year. *sob* :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Nick : You sounded like doing magic to your wifey hair.... short & long all up to your control.... so funny :)

Janice Ng

Amel said...

Hey, Jan, you don't look fat AT ALL!!! I wish when I have my baby later on, I'll be as small as you are after you give birth he he he he he he he he he he...

Well, my hubby also likes me with long hair, but he says that I look good no matter what he he he he he...

Mariuca said...

Even your arms don't look fat la woman...HAIZ lol...... ;)

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Janice. I think you looked great after giving birth to Zac. Thanks for sharing these memorable photos. Time certainly flies.

J@n!ce said...

Amel : That's why I told you that you have a good hubs. Treasure him ok? Wake up early make breakfast for him... hehehe ;p

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : LOL :):):)
I see that you have get used to using that "haiz". So cute :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Thanks, could be bcos of the newly styled hair so looked more presentable. I looked terrible at home while looking after him back then. If you understand what I mean with those sleepy, tired, hungry & leaking breast milk.... I'm glad that all these are over for me now !!

*phew*

Janice Ng

ARON WONG DOT COM said...

janiceee oiii!!! no lahh u no heavy lahh!! still look pretty and fit:) well wishing u forever healthy, fit n stay sexy always:) cheeeerrrssssss..... i missssss janice blog deep deep!!!

Tak Feng and Li Li said...

Janice, u look beautiful with ur hair curl. :) Maybe u should try it again for 2008 look. Hehe

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Your pictures gave me some flash back memories of my daughter's baby days:-) She was so tiny..... You look great in those pictures and don't look heavy at all!!!! My husband prefers long hair , too! But I never listen to what he has to say. I am always changing my hair style. This summer my hair was short, now I've got some funky high lights and so on. I just can't stick with one hair style:-)

Amel said...

Yeah, but fortunately hubby doesn't eat breakfast...he only drinks coffee and eats a bun b4 going to work, so I can still sleep...and he doesn't complain about that, either. So DEFINITELY I'll treasure him HE HE HE HE...;-D

Sam Chan said...

Hi Janice,

Thanks for the reminder. As an IT professional, I remind all my programmers to make backup every now and then. I do make backup. All my precious photos are backup into DVDs.

I hope you also backup your photos!

Blessings to you, Janice.

J@n!ce said...

Aron : Thanks boy for having so much passion following through my blog. :):)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Lili : I cannt withstand curly hairs actually, If its just temp styling its fine with me. But to go for a 2008 look with it, I really need a lot of courage. However, at the condition of my hair now. I think I have to wait. Thanks dear for the suggestion :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Hipmommy : Your hubs prefer long hair too but you choose to stick to your own choice. That's so cool. I actually like gals with short hair. I myself cant take the cut so well but I think some gals with short hair really looks terrific. You are one of them !! :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Amel : I dun purposely wake up to make breakfast for hubs actually. He doesn't like to take breakfast anyway. Better for me rite, can sleep longer...hehehe ;p

However, if I happen to wake up the same time. I will make for him :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Sam Cham : of coz I back up my family's photo. I dun want to miss out any of those :)

Janice Ng

Moonlight_tears said...

That's a nice picture of you. You did not look heavy at all, moreover it was one months after giving birth. Nuff said, you were a pretty mama back then and still a pretty mama.
your kids are super cute too. Lucky, lucky you.

Anyways, keep on blogging, I will be checking once in awhile.

Nicole

J@n!ce said...

Nicole : Thanks for the visit. I will hop over to yours now :)

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Janice
I think you look good with both... Papa Bean likes me with short hair...btw.

J@n!ce said...

Jyankee : Thanks. I personally admire gals with short hair too :)

Janice Ng

Trinity said...

Janice, here 1 month old babies were covered tightly by cloth.. I am so surprise to see Zac, he looks like 3 months baby using that clothes.. :-)

You look good as well, Janice.. love that hair style!

Anonymous said...

you look pretty good in that hairstyle. =)

Amel said...

Yes, CHEERS for hubs that don't really demand breakfast, so we can sleep longer if we need to HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

Leena said...

oh my, you called that 'very heavy'?? then i'm extremely heavy lo...zac looks tiny, with a mature face though.

Tak Feng and Li Li said...

Hi Janice, what has happened to ur hair? Dry?

Tak Feng and Li Li said...

Sorry, Jan. I have a tag for you

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : Actually I did cover Zac during the first month. However, he pespire so much that I decided to remove it on that day. :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Pia : Thanks :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Thank goodnes for their eating habits that we can sleep longer.... YAY !! I love your laughter... I'm gg to follow your to laugh like that.... hahahahahaha :D

Janice Ng

Amel said...

Hi, Janice he he he...laughing is good! ;-D

Go grab UR award here:

Best Blogging Buddies Award

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Thanks for saying that I'm one of your best blogging buddies by giving me the award. :)

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Again, lovely photos.

You were not 'heavy' there. One month and you look very good.

J@n!ce said...

Judy : Thanks. I think it was camera trick, I really looked heavy. Pple asked me if I'm 5 mths preggie... Cry lah !! :(~~~~~

Janice Ng

Bobby Revell said...

Your hubby did not say you look terrible with short hair!!! Did he really?

I'm growing 3 long rat tails in my hair (what's left of it) and they have reached the length of 1M. I have little green dragons at the tips to attract lots of attention from onlookers.

Of course I made all that up to get a laugh out of you:)

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : He did :(:(
You haven't removed your halloween wig? LOL :)

Janice Ng

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

omg, what a handsome little baby boy! :)

and you look great with that hairstyle. Maybe you can try to curl your hair when its longer, creating only the down part curly. :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Oh yes, I understand what you mean by the down part curly. I'm not able to keep hair up to my waist now, it tends to get so dry & messy that I have to trim again n again... haiz.

I hope to have the look you mention actually. It looks really..... wow.... sexy....keke ;p

Janice Ng

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape