Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-11-09

Milk Powder

Amos has been drinking milk powder from Abbott Laboratories. Last time, he was drinking the Smiliac Excellence(for less than 6mths old ), then Smiliac Follow-on (bet 6mths to 12 mths old) & then Gain IQ (for 1-3 yrs old). Recently, the price of milk powder was soaring high. One 1.8kg tin of Gain IQ from NTUC supermarket cost S$48.20 which lasts for only less than 2 seeks. I wanted to cut down the cost so sourced for a cheaper brand. I bought Enfagrow A+ from Mead Johnson which cost S$44.

Hubs was unhappy why I want to switch brands just to save about S$10 every mth cos all along I told him Gain IQ is good though expensive.

I got a BIG scolding from hubs when maid open up the tin & realized this... ...
..
The milk powder was ONLY 3/4 filled up. I felt so cheated. This is the price I paid to get a cheaper brand now. Hubs laughed at my cheapo decision :(:(:(:(

I felt so mad now. How come like that. We never have such problem with Gain IQ all along, it was filled up to the top !!

All due to my silly decision !!

Arrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhh :(:(:(



Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

41 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

That's the price we have to pay for buying cheaper products. I've been cheated like that before too. With the escalating cost of things nowadays, I would have bought the cheaper products too. Don't feel too bad about it Janice, you're not the only one in this ...

WaterLearner said...

It's not surprising gal! Price of everything is going up. Salary remains the same though. ** grumbles ***

mr fong said...

Dun worry la, they are playing on consumer's assumption that it would be filled to the top. Sigh :( It's ok, next time can let Amos babe gain IQ again, haha!

Chinneeq said...

yes..i always notice also...shud put it on to weight :(

Anonymous said...

Shall go n complain

Adrian said...

Janice! Poor dear feels you've been cheated when you see a 3/4 full tin...but what about the weight of the contents.
That's most important! If the weight is the same then you didn't get conned. Check first before complaining!

Anonymous said...

can complain ?

Daniel said...

it really doesn't feel nice to b 'cheated' like this.. check if u can complain

FL Sam said...

Learn from the experience. You should the weight against the weight stated on the tin. Otherwise, you should report to the Singapore Consumer Association. This kind of cheating should not happen in SIN. :)

Amel said...

WOAH!!! I can imagine your being upset, Jan! Tsk tsk tsk...:-(((((

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Jan, cool down cool down...

I got cheated too when i buy cheapo stuff. Bought an original Teach Chinese Tang Poem VCD which states on the cover "Cartoon Animation". I thought would be interesting to let my son watch cartoon while learning tang poem but when i played it there was only Still picture when chinese poem was being read out and no cartoon animation!

frustrated...But can't blame the bargain hunters...everything is increasing nowadays petrol, noodles, bread? sigh...

Hey. That's a nice topic. Anyone doing the post on that? Cheers!

MakeTraffic

emilayusof said...

Hi Janice! Poor dear! You should complain you know, I agree with Uncle Sam and Adrian. I've tried buying cheapo formula before but my son couldn't take it, he got diarrhea soon after consuming. So I stick with the old ones.

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

i can't believe that! what a way to cheat!

i hope you are doing good, and enjoy the rest of the weekend Janice!

Leena said...

shern is also on enfa-grow A+, i always buy refill. cheaper leh.
maybe they have a big can, that's why it's not all filled up to the top. i'm sure the weight is as per said.

eastcoastlife said...

OMG! Milk powder so expensive now ah! The price of my fresh milk went up, bread, noodles, cakes, petrol... everything up up up! Civil servants salary also going up...... Pay more for things in future!

Blur Ting said...

Wow, during my kids' time, the milk powder only half as much! It's 3/4 filled but same weight as the previous brand? Maybe it's just denser.

Mariuca said...

Switch back to the other brand. It's okay to pay a little bit more for better stuff, plus you know you won't be cheated of your hard earned money, poor Jan! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Nick : Bcos of the increase in price that's why I chose the more afforable one. Sigh... it was a wrong decision :(

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Karen : That's right !! I cant imagine when my mil told me that the price of one can of luncheon meat price is doubled now. :(:(

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Winston : I will revert back to Gain for my next purchase :):)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : I don't have a weighing m/c at home loh...haiz !! :(

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

MW : I din complain lah, its useless & wasting my time. I just avoid it that's all :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : It could be the milk powder is denser for this brand. But I still think that's a lot of difference. Just heart pain seeing it 1/4 gone.... Ouccchhhh :(

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Keeyit : I din complain, but wouldn't get the same one again :(

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Daniel : Just wrote here to see if anyone's bb is drinking this brand to have the same experience that's all :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : The product is from Netherlands leh. Aiyo.... its difficult to weigh now cos Amos already start drinking. Just my luck loh.... :(

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Thanks for feeling my sadness :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

MT : That's so sad to learn that there is no cartoon animation. I've been tricked on such vcd before actually. Your boy so young you already watching poems huh...that's fast :):) *applause*

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Amos is gg to 2 yrs old. I think it is fine to s/w brands. However, I heard that it is not wise to do so when the bb is less than 6 mths old :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : Thanks. My weekend is so far good except from the SHOCK from the milk powder. I hope yours is fruitful too :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Shern's Mom : I din know that there is re-fill. I've not seen them over here, perhaps I missed it, I will check it out during my next visit. Thanks for telling me :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

ECL : GOod that civil servants pay is gg on par with the grocery prices increasing. Lucky you :):)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : That could be a possibility. I'm not sure but it still looks like a lot of difference. I dun have a scale to verify ;p

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : That's right !! I think I will s/w back to the usual brand now. Its more costly but better nutrient & I know I'm not cheated :)

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

jan, chloe is also drinking the same brand - Enfagrow A+. But the "only 3/4 filled" doesn't happen to us. Hope it's just a once occurence.

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Ohhhhhh, so mine is really an unlucky tin. Thanks for telling me that !! :(

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

haha, jan! maybe next time you can try to get the refill pack. It comes in a twin packets packed in a box. It's cheaper by few ringgits when you do the calculations. :)

How's amos adapting to the new milk so far?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Enfagrow A+ is very expensive here, costing almost RM70 per 1.8kg tin. Refill packs are cheaper.

J@n!ce said...

Shireen : Its ex over here too but still cheaper than Gain IQ. However, I cant find refill packs over here :(

Janice Ng

Yuwie.com ~ invite friends ~ get paid

PrawnKing said...

its now $51 for GAIN IQ i am so fed up with abbot

Anonymous said...

All food products are sold based on weight. The level in the tin does not mean you got less than you paid for. It means there is less air in what you can see.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape