Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-06-22

MMR

Amos has taken his primary dose of MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella) today. This has to be taken between 1-2 yrs old. He is 15 mths old & weigh 10.5kg. This is only at the 75 percentile according to the chart. He used to be at the 90 percentile. It is quite a tremendous drop. He has lost quite a bit after getting the rota-virus (doctor suspect only bcos he vomit & diarrhoea!) about 2 mths ago. *sob...sob* My poor baby... However, he has since regain back his appetite, the lost in weight could be part of his growing up, I think ... other than that, he is on track. :)


This photo was taken at Polyclinic while waiting for our queue. I managed to take this photo before one of the nurses came over to stop me.... hehehe.... else I would be able to show you how "dirty" the toys were . There were half eaten candies left over by previous children left sticking on the bottom of the pink box (right top corner of photo) holding the toys... errrkkkks...


One 3mths old baby was crying non-stop, the helpless family got the attention from the nurses & 2 of them came out to help. Being the gracious mummy, I gave Amos' queue to the infant. Apparently, the baby cried bcos he (I presume a "he" bcos "he" is wearing a blue romper) is sleepy, he is a "sarong" baby. The traditional way to "rock" the baby to sleep using a kind of cloth which the Malay called "sarong" hang down from the ceiling thru a spring. We have this at home but it is an improvise one, electric sarong. (see picture below, can u guess if that's Amos or Zac sleeping in?) Some babies can only get to sleep going thru the rocking motion.


Soon, it was Amos' turn... he was happy inside the clinic with nice decorated walls. There were bears, butterflies & rabbits. He kept pointing & tell us "bear! bear!". He probably wasn't aware that his worst "nightmare" was on his way...

My heart ache seeing the needle going thru his soft, supple skin on his left arm. He seemed ok, but the real pain came when the injection doze enter his body.........He burst into a loud CRY ....... but it didn't last long, thankfully. Soon, he was back to normal after stepping out of the clinic on seeing the toys he played just now while waiting.

According to the nurse, after taken this injection, fever will tend to arise 2-3 days & not immediate unlike the rest of the injection he took previously. So, I got to monitor him for the next couple of days.

We went to the nearby shopping centre to buy some grocery. Amos went ahead to meet his favourite "uncle Zzzzzzz" (he dozed off!!)


Kids are really AdOrABLe, duncha think so? :)

Oh ya, before I end this, the answer to which boy sleeping in the sarong......................
He is Zac at around 7-9mths old, have u guessed correctly? ;p

7 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

WAHM said...

Hey 75% is fine. Clayton is only at 20% at 2 yrs 8 mths but I'm not bothered cos he is a happy boy. Your boy is a cutie.

Unknown said...

Hey, my 5 months old baby also just got jabbed on Thursday. Hope your son didn't get the fever after.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I've added you to my blogroll list. And thanks for your comments.

bokjae said...

Hi janice, sorry for my ignorance, I thought Rubella only affect females? Perhaps you just want to protect yr young darling amos! cheers!

J@n!ce said...

Hi Bokjae,
Thanks for bringing it up.
I'm actually not too sure about all those injections. I just follow the injection sequence according to health booklet issued.
You bring up a very good point! I never thought about it...
I will check with the clinic on my next visit.
Thank you once again :)

Unknown said...

hi, Janice, thanks visiting my blog...my son also still sleep in sarong during day time, wonder when he doesn;t want it...

oh yah, my kid's blog http://mylovelymummy.com

California tourism said...

I am looking for a website that has information on a week by week, month by month (doesn't matter) timeline on the development of my newborn baby. She is 4 days old and I want to know things like when will she be able to sit, crawl, walk things in that nature please point me in the right direction. Thanks

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape