Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-10-08

I'm in the mood for exercise


Do you know what is that? Its a "white elephant" sitting in my bedroom for 4yrs. The number of times I put on my running shoes & set foot on it can be counted. You should have guessed it since the plastic cover is still intact & nicely protected. It look just so brand new :):)

I put on a lot of weight after giving birth to Zac. My hubs bought the treadmill @S$2.2K for me so that I could shed off excess weight at home at my convenience. Initially I was very keen & exercise thrice per week. After losing a few kgs in about 2 months. I slacked. haha :D

Since then, I hardly used it!!

Yesterday morning, being bored at home while the boys are at the playground with my helper. I put on my running gears for that rare appearance once again. After I set up everything & ON the power. I was shocked that it was not working. OMG!! Must be spoiled after being dormant for so long !! In my heart, I'm blaming myself. I tried many times but still cant get it started. Suddenly I realized that the safety red strap magnet was dangling there did I recalled that Zac pulled it off quite sometimes back. Blur me lah. It is a safety feature integrated in the machine inself that it wil not work if it is not hooked properly. Viola.... it worked again !! *phew* You can imagine how panic I was if that costly machine aint gonna work again.

Why the sudden determination to workout again is partly bcos of Karen. My good pal is such a sportswoman. She used to jog around East Coast Park. I would never have thought of jogging there, with the treadmill at home.. ... I am already so lazy, not to say going out to jog. That is totally impossible. LOL :)

Karen's dream of taking part in the Standard Chartered Quarter Marathon at the end of this year was smashed due to overwhelming response & registration was already closed by the time she decided to sign up.

I have heard of a lot of sickness among friends & relatives these few months.
Age is catching up on me & I felt so tired recently even doing nothing much at home. Something must be wrong with me. My weight has been loitering around 56kg (no secrecy, one look you can tell !!) after giving birth to Amos. I don't seem to be able to bring it down naturally. I hope to tone up slightly with some exercises. My pre-pregnancy weight is 50kg. Do you think I can returned to that figure?
I wanted to freshen up myself by doing some workouts & the easiest way to do it is running on my treadmill. I ran for .... hmmm.... don't laugh at me ok...... errr... only 10 mins .... *blush*. I do not want to strain myself cos I've not been exericising for so long. For a start, its just 10 mins. I will run again tomorrow. I intend to run on alternate days so that my knee has a rest day in between. I've got weak knee caps actually. I can hear sound when I squat down. I wonder what is the cause of it?? It got better when I stopped jog.... haha... I'm giving myself excuses not to exercise again !!

I actually felt GOOD yesterday after the run though it is only for a mere 10 mins but I'm totally ENERGISED. I believe doing exercise needs a lot of determination & once you get the momentum, you will just do it automatically. I hope to get my hubs involved in it too so that we could encourage each other. He also lacks of exercise actually :):)

Have you been eating well & doing exercises recently?

Come & join me in my exercise regimen :)

48 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

FL Sam said...

Great news. You not only benefits from exercise but make use of the machine. Otherwise it will really become a big white elephant.

Normaly, we get a bore exercise alone. I prefer outdoor like walking golf or swimming. :)

WaterLearner said...

Way to go Jan!!! Yippee!!

Wow, you have such an impressive threadmill machine! I am jealous!! It's good to start exercising again. Whether for ideal weight or otherwise. Actually I am also trying to hit 50kg. But with my 1.68m frame and big bones, it has been difficult.

Keep it up. Hey.. I will be nagging to you to use your white elephant from now on liao!!

darlene said...

thats one heck of an elephant,..hee hee....now if you could just motivate me to do the same...as could also use to lost a few as well..specially after all this meal eating over thankgiving ....;-)

kegler747 said...

I also have a treadmill at home that needs oiling :) I hope I'll be inspired with your story... post more keeping fit related stories :)

Mariuca said...

Jan!! I have a lot of these white elephants too ha ha ha!!! Just keep on buying them but never use! Just feel better knowing that I'm "doing" something abt losing weight by buying the machines LOL!

Good luck woman, you oredi look great now, but am behind u 100% if u want to retain that pre-pregnancy figure of urs! Go Janice! :):):)

Anonymous said...

You looks great already.. BUT exercise is to keep our body healthy.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Hey Janice, I'm sooooooooo jealous of you and that machine ... LOL! And go on and start using that machine already !!! LOL!

ps. Marzie, judging the amount of times I've 'thought' about exercising, I've probably 'lost' about 100kgs by now ... LOL!

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : I actually loves to swim too. However, difficult to enjoy a relaxing swim with the 2 kids in the pool as well. Got to look after them mah. So the best is to exercise at home while the elder is in school :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Karen : My inspiration is here !! I thought I'm very tall already, you are taller than me huh???? hehe ;p

I've got big bones too that's why cant fit in a lot of clothes, worst still after pregnancy lah !! :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Darlene : haha :D I've been eating & sitting in front of the notebook for a few months now. The extra kg were gained in this way. Its time to shake them off.

Let's exercise together !!

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : My treadmill hasnt been oiled since we bought it 4 yrs ago. Is there a problem?? I really duno how to maintain it !! :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I've got a few white baby elephants at home. But this is really a huge one that took up much of the space & money lah... Just have to use it, else really feel bad about spending hubs money. Its for my good health too :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Keeyit : I felt so lethargic nowdays. I have to do some exericse to perk me up. I just have to do it somehow. Good luck to me !! :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Nick : I always think & think ... but never put the exercise routine in my daily schedule somehow. That is how day over day. Its been 4 yrs the white elephant there sitting lonely waiting for my attention. haha :D

Janice Ng

Amel said...

Hey, Janice, you don't have to be embarrassed for doing it 10 minutes. After all, you've not been doing it for a while, so it's good to start it slow. I think the most important thing is doing it regularly instead of overdoing it and then doing it on and off.

I hated exercising in the past, but after I've seen my Mom gaining weight, it gets harder to take it off when you get old. Plus she had problems with her knee last year, so since then I got more determined to exercise regularly.

Make sure you warm-up first, though...to make sure you don't injure or pull any muscles.

These days I exercise twice a week (approx. 40 minutes each) using my Billy Blanks CDs he he he...I LOVE those CDs. They've helped me tone down some parts of my body that I never thought I could tone down he he he...

So, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, Janice!!!! And let's STAY HEALTHY!!! ;-D

KennetH said...

ya..the more u do..the more u power up..hehe~~

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Thanks for your encouragement. You are right, a slow start is better than exerting oneself & put the task at stop due to injury. A good music will do wonders while exercising. I've got to ensure that I on some powerhouse music while running to pump me UP :)

Thanks for your words. They are very inspiring to me :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Kenneth : Yes, I believe it will soon be a routine cos I used to run every weekends with my sibling when we were young. Once stopped, will be lazy to start off the engine again :)

Janice Ng

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Hey, you certainly don't look like you are 56 kgs :D I'm around that weight now after going on a diet for 5 months. However, I look much bigger than you...haahahhah. You have a strong will power eh?

J@n!ce said...

Chumsy's Mom : That's the problem when I tell my frenz that I'm actually quite fat, they dun believe. I'm really quite meaty lah. I cant fit in a lot of clothes I used to wear last time. My whole wardrobe got to be changed after pregnancy. Its such a waste. So I need to exercise now to give me more confidence in myself :)

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Don't feel so bad about the "10 minutes". I exercise on my treadmill regularly and still can't run for 10 minutes. Everyone is different.

Come visit me. I blog about my treadmill. I'd like to say "all the time", but that wouldn't be true. I exercise more than I blog about it.

P.S. I found you on BlogRush.

J@n!ce said...

KC : Thanks for the visit. I will head over yours later. Looks like the BlogRush really worked & I've just got a new friend huh !! :)

Janice Ng

Bobby Revell said...

Exercise always seems like such a chore. If you exercise just 3 days per week year round and get used to it, you will feel drained when you don't do it!

The Bimbo said...

WHOA My idol le... I'mmmm sooo lazzzyyyy

Sam Chan said...

Wow.. your husband really loves you so much that he is so willing to spend that amount of money to buy you a fantastic machine to keep you healthy and fit.

Well, since, you had decided to keep using it, it is no more a white elephant. Keep on running!!!

As for me, I haven't been doing any exercise. Don't let your machine aside! Otherwise, I will ask you to let me have your machine for a year? :-)

Blessings to you Janice
Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion

Trix said...

I have a white elephant just like you...I am not at all guilty about it, I just wish I could find a room big enough for all this stuff.I am glad to hear that you are going to give this elephant a try, that kind of inspires me as well....as I have a huge need for some excercise.Of course you can lose the babyweight..its not even that much! Give it yur very best shot

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : You are right. Once you continuously exercise. You will feel uneasy the moment you din put on your sports gear. I dun think I could reach the stage yet cos I'm still a bit slack & trying to get pass that laziness of me !! :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : I'm also lazy lah !! That's why white elephant for 4 yrs mah. haha :D

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Sam : That was bcos I told him pple say I still look like 5 mths pregnant & feeling really moody. So he bought it for me so that I could exercise at home while still taking care of Zac :)

I hope I could give it to you one of these days when I dun really see the need to use it anymore?
The transporation will be a bother. Its so heavy & bulky :(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Jesse : Glad to know that my little post could inspire you to exercise too. The fats are turning a bit stubborn to get rid off now. I thought I better do something about it or else it will become permanently there.... haha :D

Janice Ng

節約ママ said...

I've got a treadmill in my room also that I have not used for a long time..... I guess it's time for me to use it again! You inspired me:-)

J@n!ce said...

Hipmommy : Glad to be able to inspire you to exercise also. Let's do it together.

Btw, you look tone & slim from you photo already. More of exerise for good health :)

Janice Ng

lilifxt said...

hi janice ok i ve been through this after my second baby was deliverd i gained lot of weight i lost 25kgs in one year and its all coz i stopped dinner drink green tea and excercise everyday at home on my sprt cycle im back on track i still have 7 kgs to loose so i want to reach 56 like u u got great figure but u have to maintain healthy its more important than shape now

like u said once u get on momentum u will never stop exercising i never stop my daily 30 minutes i wann buy treadmill too but im waiting untill lil one goes to nursery and join the gym like old days keep it up start for one week 15 minutes daily while watching tv watch something really intersting that will take your full attention i was thinking to post about my weight loss program i sat for my self but u inspired me today

girl dont stop make it a daily routine and im sure u are not lazy u are so good girl active mommy no lazy moms these days when ill post more details ill let u know

best wishes

RW said...

I have seen a lot of exercise equipment and none of it has ever been worn out lol :D

J@n!ce said...

Lili : That's a lot of weight to have shed off in a year. Wowow... you say 25kg. Its really not so wise to skip your meals & just on green tea. Glad to hear you are more or less on track now. You should look even better now running after the 2 kids while the helper is still on the search :)

Happy to hear that my post can inspire to write about your weight loss experience. Cant wait to see your post :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Roger : Its weird cos some how we just feel more comfort getting the machine at home but in actual fact, dun really set foot on it... LOL :D

Janice Ng

Heart of Rachel said...

You look terrific as you are but a good exercise regime is still good for the body and health.

It's been two weeks since I started Tae-bo and I'm so glad I decided to enroll at the gym. I don't easily get tired anymore and the workout has increased my energy.

Trix said...

yes, I agree...my fats are already quite permanent and it doesnt help that I sit in front of the pc blogging away...when I should be excercising ! OK, I am going to try my best to make a few changes...I might just stand up every few hours and walk around the room, that way I may build up a sweat!

JesseTheCat

emilayusof said...

Oh Janice! You're already so svelte!! I put on more than that!

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : I like the feeling after exercising. I just felt so energized & light weighted after that... haha :D

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Jesse : haha... Its good to stand up & walk around after a few hours on the pc. I'm not trying to scare you but there is an accident over at my county when a young gal passed away due to prolong sitting on the pc due to rushing for some stressful deadlines :(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Emila : I'm getting more concious of my health recently. I dun dare to take BBQ food with too much carbon or too much fried stuff too :)

Janice Ng

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

you are lucky you have that at home. Running is a very good cardio exercise, 10 minutes is a good start, then gradually increase the number of minutes

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : Yes, I'm such a lucky gal to have that back home. That was why I thought it was really wasted if I don't use it. I will slowly increase the time with each run. Thank you for your encouragement :)

Janice Ng

jesie said...

I own a treadmill over here in the US and to motivate me to exercise, I have a TV right in front of it. It has a wide belt and a very low noise level. We are all guilty of not working out enough. We bought what we need and we make them white elephants.

I'm thinking of getting a treadmill for my sibling. Are there any good treadmills being sold in KL or Penang?

J@n!ce said...

Jesie, thanks for your visit.
Its nice to read from your traveling blog. Its so wonderful to be able to fly around the world.
I'm not sure about the treadmill over at Malaysia. So sorry that I'm not able to assist you.
I'm from Singapore :)

Janice Ng

Blur Ting said...

Wow, lucky you! To have such a good machine at home. You're right to start slow. After your body get more conditioned, you'll run longer and faster. I'm sure you'll lose weight once you start, though you weight appears ok what.

Still, you must exercise. It's good for you.

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : Its good to exercise for good health. That is so important to us now since age is catching up :)

Janice Ng

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape