Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-10-02

Zac's scribbling ...

Zac loves to draw & write.
He can write unaided :
1) 1-20 but not "5". "15" (bcos of the "5') there
2) A-Z but not "S" "R"
3) a-z but not "s"

He used more of CAPITAL LETTERS in his spelling. He spell his name as Z A C H A r Y. The "r" is small letter cos he cant write "R" in CAPITAL. So when he spell car, it will be C A r. Is it normal for children this age (3yrs+) to mix up Capital Letters with small letters? Look at the picture below for prove of his works. See the word "CAr" there?

On his good day, he will sit down & do up a nice picture of a sun, cloud, a car & bus with passengers inside.

He will also draw people : circle to denote head & single strokes to denote body, hands & legs. He added in the hair recently :)

Some of the other things he loves to draw are train, ant, house, spider ...

He can spell his family's name too : LESLIE, JANICE, AMOS :):):)

He is also improving in his coloring skills. Last time, he will only use one color to do up everything, but now, he will color different things using a selection of colors.



37 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Darlene said...

Hi Janice.
Thanks for sharing pictures of your lovely children.

You don't know me. I came across you bolg and was intrigged by you last name. I know and love a lot of people named Ng. I just want to know if you are related to any of them. I know tony, bill, george debbie, judy, Elaina, Patrick, Wah, Shung, and a bunch more.

If you know any of these people please go to imthankfulforthethorns@blogspot.com and leave me a comment. I would love to talk to you. Darlene

J@n!ce said...

Darlene : Thanks for your visit. Ng is my surname. I've got a lot of friends by that surname too but none from the list you mention. It is a common surname over in my country :)

Glad to have know you here.

You are the 2nd friend I know of with the name Darlene :)

Janice Ng

Mizohican said...

Janiceeee,

Zac is a better artist than my niece! :) Once my niece was asked to draw a picture of Santa Claus at school, and she drew one tiny stick figure, and then wrote "Santa" and pointed an arrow to it :) Our whole family couldn't stop laughing the whole day whenever she was not in the room. That was really really cute.

Mariuca said...

Hi Janice! Is Leslie ur main man? ;)

I'm sure Zac will grow up with better drawing skills than his Aunty Marzie! Cute stuff! :):):)

Genie Princess

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

Hi jan! zac can draw quite well. nice drawing he got there! and he's so cute for replacing R with r. i think as he grow, he'll be able to write R and this capital letters thingy is all right. :)

emilayusof said...

Aww...Zac can draw! How adorable! It's normal for children to mix capital and small letters. Yassin is doing it all the time.

I have like hundreds of similar drawings by Yassin. I kept them all and will send for binding soon.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Janice, that boy looks like he has a future in advertising la ... LOL! Cool drawings, you've given me an idea to do a future post of my son's drawings too. My youngest boy just loves to draw and draw and draw.

And don't worry about the capital letter thingy, my son who is 8 years old still sometimes mixes his capital and small letter too ...

Anonymous said...

I love to see children drawing... Without the proper planning on how to draw and this will give you a surprise sometimes

Heart of Rachel said...

Lovely drawings! Zac is a budding little artist.

Chinneeq said...

Zac is so smart that he even knows how to replace with small alphabet on alphabets he can't write :p

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice,

It's lovely to watch them create so much. My daughter is 14 but I still have many pictures that she drew as a toddler, and it's nice to look back and see the different changes over the years :)

I’m also just mooching around visiting all those tagged with Santa’s Christmas Meme and ensuring that they are added to my Technorati Fav’s along the way :)

Have a great week
Colin

Bless said...

Janice Zac draws better than me :-) promise!
Anyways, just visiting and reading your update. Take care.

Mariuca said...

Wat??? No response from Janice yet? That's weird! ;) Have a good night dear! :):):)

Genie Princess

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha... why is it he can't write those letters? He finds the strokes uncomfortable?

darlene said...

yikes to Darlene's...uh oh!...lol
looks like hes doing a great job

J@n!ce said...

Sandman : I think children will tend to draw sticky figures to denote human, my boy is also like that. Her Santa Clause must have been running all year rounds to give out the pressie to cause him losing so much weight, hehe ;p

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Marize : Yes, you are right !! :)
I realized that what he is drawing are those that I taught him when he was about 2.5 yrs old. He still rems them :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Jean : I'm surprised that he is replacing the "R" with "r" too. He can be quite witty at times :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Emila : That's such a cool idea to bind up Yassin's drawing into a scrap book. I think I may start to collect them too. I've thrown them away cos sometimes Zac refused to let me keep. He will tear away the paper... *sob*

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Nick : Thanks for telling me that it is normal for the children to get mixed up with the BIG & small letters. Cant wait to see what you are posting up of your boy's works :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Keeyit : You are right, they just draw whatever is in their mind at the moment & that is why it makes the drawing so much more precious of what the little kiddo is thinking :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Thanks, I thought it was a cool drawing of the car & bus cos he added in the passengers which I have never taught him before. He must have learn it somewhere from school or from his imagination :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : That's right, I'm surprised that he replaced "R" with "r" too :)

I'm reminding & teaching him to write the "R", keep telling him it is not too difficult just a few more strokes more than the small "r" only :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Colin : Thanks for the visit :)
The drawings of your little ones will be a good memory lane to recap what she used to love drawing as a child :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Bless : Thanks for coming over to read my updates & I really appreciate your support :)

Sometimes, I think my boy has a better imagination than me too. There was once he draw something which I cant figure out what it was. Later, he told me it was a monster. I duno where he got the idea how a monster look like. I wouldn't be able to draw one if given that topic too :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Sorry that I din check in the whole of the day after putting up the post. My hubs not at home so I spend a lot of time with the boys :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Ed : I think so !! Especiall the "5' & "S" with the bit of twist there to him it is difficult. :)

Janice Ng

Blur Ting said...

Wow, he's a talented little guy! Very advanced for his age. keep it up!

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : Thanks, is he really advanced for his age. I thought he is a bit slow in his process. Glad to hear that from you. I'm relieved :)

Janice Ng

Mariuca said...

Jan, I have 3 more "lonely nights" to endure LOL! Poor thing u have to wait few more days after me huh? ;)

mr fong said...

So cool...He draws very cute.Duno why but it is so Zachish,wahaha.Happy birthday, hugs and cakes to him! (But im not a good baker :( )

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Oh yes, I have a few more days more than you but that is not just all. There are more to come this month *sob*

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Winston : haha... I like the very Zachish look you mention. That is a good one.
Its alright cos I also duno how to bake... hehe ;p

Janice Ng

JK said...

He's good. My son is turning 4 next month but can't colour well and can't write well. He's being lazy and the teacher says he knows nothing except talking! Haha...

Bobby Revell said...

Yay Zac! I bet you save all these pictures! So cute:) When my home was destroyed by hurricane Katrina, I lost all of my treasured work and drawings from when I was a kid.

Put them in something waterproof. I speak from experience! I know you guys get bad storms there too!

J@n!ce said...

Jo-N : Actually Zac cant color very well too but at least improving from what I observe. The way he holds the color pencil when doing coloring is wrong & its difficult to correct him now cos he doesn't understand & gets confused. Glad to hear that you child is talking a lot in class. It is actually good cos my boy is rather quiet & I hope he is more chatty :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : So sad to hear that all your drawings were destroyed. Thanks for reminding me. I will put in a waterproof bag & put it inside a safe. hehe ;p

Janice Ng

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape