Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-10-16

Clearing off my meme

Thare are 3 memes here !!

I've been tagged by Marzie to pass on The Pink Penguin in conjunction with the ‘Breast Cancer Awareness’ month of October. In doing my bit to help spread awareness on the issue of breast cancer to women, here are several tips I'd like to share with you on how you can avoid breast cancer and remain healthy.

• Eat a balanced diet
• Do exercise at least 3 times a week
• Try to be relax, don't be over-stress, cancer cells are aggrevated due to STRESS
• Take Anti-oxidant supplement daily, they can prevent cancer
• Check your breast daily for lumps, go for a scan yearly. For those above 40 yrs, perform a mammogram.

How you can help raise awareness on breast cancer:-

1. Spread the word. Announce the event on your blog. You could write a blog post (like this), or a little note about it. Whatever you choose to do, just go ahead and tell your readers about it.
2. Go pink. Modify your theme if you know how to, or get yourself a pretty pink theme. If you run a website, turn your website pink. But if you don’t like pink, you could still participate by putting up a badge on your sidebar.
3. Design badges and banners. Design a couple of “Pink for October” badges or banners for other participants to use (for free) and to publicize the event. Some of the existing badges and banners can be downloaded from the Official Pink for October Site.
4. Design blog themes. There are a lot of bloggers (me included) who can’t even do simple designing, so if you are good at it, perhaps you could design and release a few pink themes? So, I am hoping that whoever happens to read my post, please do something to spread the awareness. It only takes a moment of our time.
Thank you!
-----
2nd Meme :
LovelyMummy tagged me on this 5 of 5.

5 things found in my room:
King size bed, Treadmill, Newly purchased Mistral Fan, Sharp Plasmacluster Ionizer, Kids study table with 2 chairs

5 things I’ve always wanted to do
Vacation, Able to drive the kids out alone, Meet up friends, Do something on my hair/manicure/pedicure, Hope to get a stress-free job

5 things found in my bag
Clean & Clear oil blotter, Lip moisturiser, Wallet, Dry & wet tissue, Sweets

5 things found in my wallet
Credit/discount card, IC/driving license, Cash, Cheque,"Fu"- a piece of yellow paper that can can protect me (same as lovelymummy).

5 things I’m currently into
Refresh my driving, Try to do exercise at least 3 times per week, Spend more time with the kids, Cut down on unhealthy food, Tidy up my wardrobe
---------
3rd Meme :
Adrian aka Genie King tagged me on this interesting one.

INSTRUCTION: I will tag you a Question and you Post your answer on your blog. After that you make another question and tag other bloggers. Easy Mah? Let’s get it on!

Adrian's Question is: On a dark stormy night you're driving alone on a narrow back road. You actually took a wrong turn and don't really know where you are and there are no familiar landmarks and neither are there any buildings. Suddenly you have a flat tyre....what would you do?
1) Stay in the car until daybreak
2) Get out in the rain and try to change the tyre
3) Walk to the nearest place to ask for help
4) Call someone to give you a hand (remember you don't know where you are)
5) Drive on with the flat tyre until you reach civilization

My Answer is :
Although I don't know where I am, I will still call someone for help & in the meantime, drive slowly with the flat tyre to see if I can reach "anywhere". I would definitely not stay in the car, get out of the rain to change the tyre is totally impossible for me !!

Here is my question :
You are alone in the house with 2 very young children below the age of 5. The water is boiling, the children are fighting over toys & are crying, someone knock on the door, the phone is ringing, the tap is running. Which one will you do first & why? :)

Since there are 3 memes here. Please choose which one (best if do all) you prefer to do :

1) Bobby, Karen, Blur Ting, Rachel, Darlene, Jesse, BokJae, Winston, Uncle Sam, Jenny, Jo

30 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

FL Sam said...

Hi Janice, Thanks for the tag. I will be choose one of the 3 to do. Look like the 2nd one is easy and 3rd one is interesting. :)

FYI, my new blog suspended due to over usage of bandwidth. My blog host is in Bangkok. So need wait for him to come back. :)

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : Feel free to choose one of the 3. The 2nd one is the easiest... hehe ;p

Ic, thanks for letting me know how your new blog is operated. I will wait for it to return :)

Janice Ng

Bobby Revell said...

LOL! Are you sure you want me to answer your question! I might make up a crazy answer...he he:)

Thanks Janice!!!!!

Trix said...

Thanks Janice, I will do only 2 of these memes,cos Marzie already tagged me for breast Badge,which slow tortoise me didnt do yet! I am going to do hers today,hopefully...and your tags I will post about in next week or tWO.Thanks for remembering me for these ones,Janice.
Have a great day and huggies to the hansome boys :)
JesseTheCat

Chinneeq said...

haha...Janice, u are smart to do it and pass on the memes together. At least there is a choice once being tagged :p

Adrian said...

Janice! Very clever! I like you answer! Afterall what can you do in such a situation? You did good! :)

Cheers!

Genie King

Anonymous said...

The 3rd one is interesting, I remember the answer actually reflects certain character or something else, juz couldn't recall the detail, I go for boiling water, safety first! :P

Anonymous said...

Lot's of meme for me..

WaterLearner said...

Hi Jan,

Thanks for remembering me. I would be pleased to do at least one of them.

Blessings!

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : I love crazy answer, its gonna be more FUN right? :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Jesse : Of course I remember you & you lovely Cassie. Will wait for your post to be up :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : I like to clear all the meme together in a post & tag once to let the taggers choose what they want to do. Clever hor? hehe ;p

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : Thanks for the question to let me really think now since I'm starting to learn to drive again. Who knows, I may end up facing the real situation. :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

MW : Yes, I actually give myself some thoughts when approached by the questions many years back. I think I will carry the younger boy first & then turn off the fire :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Keeyit : haha, looks like you are one of the favourite pple like to tag you :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

karen : Thanks :)

Janice Ng

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi jan!! glad you had this penguin up at the same time! :)

i love your question, i cant wait what they are gonna answer!! :)

Jean Chia

J@n!ce said...

Jean : That's right, we have the same penguin up on the same day :)

I cant wait to see their answer too. The qns is really tough, the whole world seems to me on you at the same moment :)

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice thanks for tagging me, i think i will get 2 of them.. regards to you!!!

Mariuca said...

Hola Janice! I'm back! Well, for tonight at least.. ;)

Thanks for passing on the pink penguin, I hope Bobby will do that one LOL! :):):)

Lemonjude said...

Come collect your award
http://www.judelittle.com/?p=7

Anonymous said...

You reminded me of all the memes I owe and because I am rather disorganised when it comes to this, I forget who I owe memes to. :P So embarassing.

darlene said...

hey girl....thanks...will think of one to do for sure this week.....;-)

Blur Ting said...

Interesting answers. You know what, everytime i read about "What's in your bag" in our thursday's Urban newspaper, I always wanted to blog about 'what's in my bag' and you've actaully tagged me to go it!

J@n!ce said...

Jenny : Doing 2 of the 3 is good enough for me. Thanks for your participation :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Judy : I was once like that, so what I do now is the moment I receive the meme, I will create a draft post in blogger so that I could rem who tagged me :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Darlene : Thanks dear :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : Hey, I've got the same thoughts too leh !! That's why I'm so excited when I got the tag yesterday to the 5 things. I immediately get it done :)

Janice Ng

keeyit said...

I will get it done soon.. :)

J@n!ce said...

Keeyit : Ok, thanks :)

Janice Ng

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape