Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-08-21

Answer : What caused this ?

..... continued from yesterday's post Question : What caused this ?

Thank you so much for all who gave their thoughts on what could have caused the boy's mark on the nose :

1) Bobby - Insect bite or scraped his nose diving in a pool or cheap metal frame sunglasses
2) Nafa - His parent's bite, boy drew mark himself during arts class
3) Speedycat - Onion scratch
4) Jerry - Durian scratch
5) Adrian/Nick/Blur Ting/Jesse/Efendi/ - Fork
6) Conan_cat - Fell down & scratch himself
7) Jesse - Drew the mark himself
8) Karen - Mosquitoe bite
9) Roger - Bat bite
10) Sam - Cat bite

What could be the REAL CAUSE??

WARNING : please do not proceed to view if you have a WEAK HEART !!


IT is indeed caused by a household fork. *click to enlarge*

Those who chose this answer. Have you thought that he was being poke like what you see in the picture?

I cannot believe my own eyes when I receive this from my friend yesterday morning. I thought I better share my readers of such a hazardous household tools back home !!




Be mindful the next time you see little children handle such things. Luckily the boy in the picture is alright. Can you imagine if it wasn't his nose but eyes? OMG !!

Really SHOCKING right !!

32 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Sam Chan said...

Ooh... that's really painful!
This incident may cause this boy to have a phobia whenever someone were to bring a fork close to him.

Hopefully children will be careful with their fork after seeing this photo and mother can teach their children about safety with this photo.

J@n!ce said...

Sam : You are right. The child may have the phobia in him after the accident. I'm always on the watch-out whenever Zac handles the fork for his daily fruit intake. I freak out seeing him running with it. haiz :(

Mariuca said...

OMG! I thought it was a fork but now that it's true, I can't imagine the poor boy enduring that type of pain!!!! :(:(:(

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Really heartpain rite!! I felt terribly shaken seeing it. I showed it to my helper so that she was aware too :)

Jean Chia said...

OMG! that's so painful! my heart is so uneasy now. eee....

but that boy looks mature enough to handle fork. that must be a naughty boy! otherwise how he get it???

J@n!ce said...

Jean : I can feel your uneasiness :)

The boy may look mature for his age but he may not be aware of the potential danger. I wonder how it ended up like that too. Terrible !! :)

Bobby said...

All kids learn these lessons and now he has experience that will serve him well. I thank God it was a minor wound, and the little buddy is on his way to adulthood:)

Bobby said...

Chopsticks are so much safer!
Revellian SEO Traffic

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : I think that is a good lesson that the child will remember his life. Chopsticks can be dangerous too but of course safer than a fork which is sharp.
Actually all household items tend to have its danger if we are not careful :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Sharon said...

You really have to watch out for the most simplest things when you have kids.

J@n!ce said...

Sharon : That is very true. We must always be on the watch-out :)



Janiceng SEO Traffic

JaniceNW said...

Not so shocking to someone who grew up with three brothers and am raising two more boys. Boys are wild things! Glad he is okay.

Anything can be used as a weapon. Trust me.

Hugs.

WaterLearner said...

Oh my God! Is this photo effect?
It must have been done with great force for the fork to cut into his nose this much.

vickylow said...

Ya really scary... we as parents must be careful

38kia said...

OMG, that's really hurt... OMG... if i were him, i rather.. faint.. yiiieerrr... i still cant believe my eyes got such thing happen..

Blur Ting said...

My goodness! I'll mkae sure these are out of reach for my little nieces. Scary!

Roger said...

((((OWEEEEEEEEEE))))))) man that hurts poor guy :-(

J@n!ce said...

Janice NW : Yes, we have to be extra careful with an 'all boys' environment. They can get really rough at times. I am already seeing some fighting scenes over at home now. So my eyes are always on the look-out. Thanks for the reminder :)

Karen : I'm not sure whether it is photo edited but whether it is or not. This is a good warning to us that danger is lurking everywhere where the child is presence. Gotta be careful :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

J@n!ce said...

Vicky : Yes, you have to take note of your little one at home too :)

Jerry : I cant believe it when I first look at it too. It is too terrible that such things happen to a toddler. My heart just felt the pain for him. I hope he recovered fast :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : You have to keep a look-out when your nieces are using such tools at home. Let your siblings take a look at the pic so that they will be aware of the potential danger :)

Roger : I wonder if there are such mishaps over at the caves? ;p

Janiceng SEO Traffic

kegler747 said...

That's so scary. Not only forks can inflict harm to children and sometime adults also. I'm afraid when I see children handling pencils, ballpens, sticks and any other pointed objects.

keeyit said...

OMG.. poor little boy suffering on this...

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : Same goes to me. I am worried seeing my boys handling pen & pencil too. Sigh!! :)

Keeyit : Really very poor thing, haiz !!

Janiceng SEO Traffic

NAFASG said...

I am so sorry for the late reply janice...cause I am STUNNED watching the image!! i was wondering a fork in the nose? how in the earth that can happen??? ****OUCH!!*******

Thats why our ah-kong, grandmother, ah-mu, all the kings horses and men including humpty dumpty, sesame street, big bird and friends told us when we are young to stay away from sharp objects..

This is a good post, janice a reminder to all parents...more of these posts please...!! Thank you janice!!

J@n!ce said...

Nafa : Wah wah... you brought all the cartoon characters here huh. Even your granma & Ah-mu...etc. LOL :)

I am STUNNED too. A fork !! OMG :(

Nick Phillips, MY said...

Oh man, Janice, I feel faint already just seeing the fork stuck in his nose ... I'm gonna go home later and lock up all the forks in my house away from my 2 boys!

J@n!ce said...

Nick : LOL!! We still need the fork for our meals. Just got to be really careful & always on the watchout :)

babyfiona said...

OMG! I 2 days cannot come here..first thing i saw is this...sigh -____-"

that is so freaking painful!

Mummy to QiQi said...

can believe this can happen, my goodness...!

J@n!ce said...

Fiona : How come you cant come here for 2 days. Is there something wrong with my url that you cant enter?

Chin Nee : Really heart ache hor ... sigh !! :(

Rebekah said...

Omg I can't even imagine how painful that is. I'm just curious how that even happened. I also wonder if its been photoshopped also. But I think pictures like these are just a reminder to always keep on eye on your kids.

J@n!ce said...

Rebekah : You are right, even if the photo is photoshopped, it serves as a good reminder to keep a look-out on young children handling such things :)