Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-09-04

Brother, be strong ...

The lung surgery took about 4 hours.
His condition is more complicated than what we thought. An initial scan of 2 lumps turned out to be more than 10 times more. All were removed but he holds a question of what about the other lung?
He is still in ICU this morning but awake & alert.

He is in great pain on a scale of 0 to 10. He told us he is at 8. He is someone with high threshold of pain. A grade of 8 is something we could have no longer be able to bear.

The road to recovery is long & tough ... ...

What I see are images of him in pain now.

Thank you all for all your kind words & prayers.
Please do continue to pray for him !!

51 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

lifejournalist said...

janice, i hope everything turns out well. i pray for his speedy recovery. be strong, too.

Bobby Revell said...

Hey Janice:) I'll continue praying and I believe in the power of faith. I have been through dark times and I am here to hopefully bring some love:) I care about you very much and I want you to stay strong:)

J@n!ce said...

Angel & Bobby : Thank you so much for your love, concern & prayers :)

Janice Ng

daN's PortaL said...

Janice, it's been a while. It seems to me lots had happened during my break from blogging. Just read abt your bro's cond. Do know that I too will be upholding him in prayer. There can be miracles when you believe...

Mariuca said...

Sweetie, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your brother. Take care and we're all waiting for more updates on his condition! HUGS for you Janice! :)

WaterLearner said...

Hi Jan,

May his path to recovery be completed soon and may he be blessed with Good Health!

Blessings

kegler747 said...

I believe in the power of prayers and its the most effective way when you have a small or big problem. Don't worry, God is listening to us all who talk to him through prayers :)

Adrian said...

Jan! I saw your call for prayer yesterday and while I could not leave a comment I did pray for your brothers good health! I'm glad to hear that he had a successful surgery and we will continue to pray for his swift recovery!

You take care too my friend!

J@n!ce said...

Dan, Marzie, Carlo, Karen & Adrian : Thank You all so much for thinking of us & praying :)

Janice Ng

Heart of Rachel said...

Dear Janice,

I'm very sorry to hear what your brother is going through. I understand how hard it must be to see a loved one in pain. I will pray for him.

Always,
Rachel

J@n!ce said...

Thanks Rachel :)

Janice Ng

WaterLearner said...

I am rallying for more to join in the prayers. May your good brother have strength!

God Bless!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Jan, great to hear your bro's surgery was successful. We will all continue to pray for him to be up and about soon. Hang in there, things will be fine, I'm sure. You just gotta have some faith!

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Thank you so much for your effort. It is good to have friends around to share their care for my brother. They mean a lot to me. You are such a good friend :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Nick : Your words just warm me up. Yes, he has passed thru the post surgery n now recuperating in normal ward :)

Janice Ng

Trix said...

Poor Janice, you must be so terribly worried, take care of yourself and I will pray that your dear brother recovers, and that he gets great attention from the doctors...you are All in my thoughts and prayers,ok? Take care, and believe he will get better. :)

Sam Chan said...

Hi Janice,
Let's continue to pray for your brother. May Love ease every pain.

May the Lord be with your brother giving him strength and speedy recovery.

God bless.
Sam Chan

surjit singh said...

Janice, I am praying for your brother's speedy recovery. God is great.He always takes care of His Children.

Odysseus said...

Janice, I am sure everything will turn out well for your bro. Our thoughts and prayers are with him. Will follow his progress on your site. Cheers :)

Shana said...

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. My thoughts and prayers are with him, you, and your family. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Hi J@nice---much prayer to a safe and healthy recovery! He's in our thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Alot of willpower from himself and support from friends and family needed to pull through this. My uncle survived Colon Cancer and I am sure your brother will slowly recover.

Worry not, we are with you Janice.

J@n!ce said...

Jesse, Sam, Surjit, Odysseus, Shana, TNP & Ed : Thank you all for your support & prayers. I hope all will be answered & he will be able to pass through the painful period :)

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Janice,

Glad to hear that your brother has made it through he first ops. Sorry for being late again, but I've been bed ridden with the flu for the past few days, and only able to come here now.
Be strong okay.
take care. :)

J@n!ce said...

Joe, thanks & sorry to hear that you are down with flu. Do take care of yourself too :)

Janice Ng

bokjae said...

Hey j@nice, trust God for every thing is in His hands! Prayer helps! Sorry to hear about your brother, at least the ops. a success!

Anonymous said...

wish him well... he'll be fine.. god is watching over him..

Chinneeq said...

surely tough for him. hope he overcome it very soon :)

AC Associates said...

Prayer for the Sick
Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord
Rest your weary ones.
Bless your dying ones.
Soothe your suffering ones.
Pity your afflicted ones.
Shield your joyous ones.
And for all your love's sake. Amen.

Saint Augustine

Sending many prayers and good wishes to your brother, you and the rest of the family.

Many blessings~

FL Sam said...

Our Prayers and thoughts will continued till his full recovery. We can understand the pain after the op that he has to endure. Be strong. take care.

Anonymous said...

Your brother will be in my family's prayers. We're all pulling for you guys.

darlene said...

THINKING OF YOU!!

Trix said...

Dear Janice, I hope that you will visit my blog for a special post of love, to you, your brother and your whole family...whenever you have time, of course !I hope that your brother is much better and on his way to recovery....

Rolando said...

Hi Janice, we'll include your brother in our prayers.

Rolando

J@n!ce said...

BokJae,Chin,Chin Nee,AC Associates,Uncle Sam,Brown Baron,Darlene,Jesse,Rolando : Thank you for thinking of my brother & including him in your prayers. I really hope the prayers will be answered & he can complete his road to recovery soon. :)

Janice Ng

emilayusof said...

Janice! I pray that your brother will recover soon. Stay strong dear.

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Thank you for giving me the strength to move to on :)

Janice Ng

Aaron Cook said...

Hi Janice,

You and your brother and your family are in my thoughts. Wishing you all the very best. :)

Shine on,
Aaron

Jackie said...

Oh you sweet girl I had no idea...please know you and your brother are in my prayers.....may god be with him and bring him through this completely...much love~Jackie

Trinity said...

((((Janice)))) you all are in my prayers..

Trinity

Jackie said...

Janice I simply can't stop thinking about what you must be going through. I just wanted to stop in and give you a hug((((((((((Janice))))))) and, let you know that my husband and I are thinking of you!!Much Love~Jackie

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

jan, im sorry for being here late. pls know that your bro is always in my prayers.

I know you must have been holding all feelings to yourself, here's a *BIG HUGZ* to you. Stay strong and cheerful! We are all with you on this.

Love you lots, jean

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and your family......
Here's a big *HUG* as well.

:)

Anonymous said...

Janice, sorry for this late visit. I pray that your brother recovers quickly. Your brother and family are in my prayers.

Menopauseprincess said...

I'm sending prayers to your brother and your family for health and happiness

Leena said...

i'll keep your brother in my prayer. you be strong too. take care.

Anonymous said...

Take care janice. Be strong !

Unknown said...

http://santasmailbox.blogspot.com/2007/09/our-prayers-for-janice.html

Anonymous said...

Janice, I send much love to you and your brother from my Pond. I cannot imagine the stress and anguish you must be feeling right now. You have many that love you and everyone is gathered around you in a big circle of support and friendship. I will be praying for your brother.

Shan said...

My prayers are with you and your family.

J@n!ce said...

Thank your everyone here who have send their prayers & concern to my family :)


Janice Ng

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape