Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-09-28

Chaotic Day at Home

I hardly have time nowdays to run through my blog list. I don't have the luxury of sitting at the notebook & type all day now. I've got a lot of tasks running in my head, 1 or 2 tasks will be left undone & it snowballing till now, I could hardly breathe. I apologize to those whom I have hardly visited for a month now. I still remember all of you just that I am really tied up. I hardly chat with some of my closer friends now too. I try to spend the day with the boys & update my blog only when they are alseep, so you can see that my posts are usually updated after midnite :)

Just yesterday, while entertaining the 2 boys.... An accident happened in the kitchen. I heard a loud "bomb" followed by my helper's scream. I quickly run to the kitchen to see the commotion.
I was shocked that the glass pot we use to cook soup had shattered into pieces while she was preparing lunch for us. Apparently, the fire was too big & the glass was too heated up & exploded. I was relieved that she wasn't hurt & that my 2 boys were not in the kitchen during that times, they are safely in my hands. This accident reminded me that I should always be more attentive to my boys to prevent them from getting near to the kitchen when my helper is busy cooking up a meal. They tend to stick around the kitchen whenever they are hungry cos they know that is the place where they will find food :):)

I was too shocked to even remember to take photos of the accident, else all of you could see how scary it was.

Our home prepared meals was ruined by the explosion with glass fragments everywhere in the kitchen. So I get her to clean up before we went out for our lunch. The boys are already starving by then. Especially Zac cos he usually took his lunch around 11+ am. He had his lunch near to 1pm. Luckily, there wasn't aftenoon class yesterday bcos the teacher went for graudation ceremony rehearsal, else he will definitely be late.

Before I could calm down, another accident happened after we came back from our lunch.
Amos tripped & fell down, he scratch his chin & upper lips. Awwww, my little baby cried so much. Blood keep coming out from his chin. It was a bad one for him especially that it caught his face.

He got distracted after much coaxing. I always felt bad when the kids are injured like that. Just a few days ago Zac scalded his finger & is still nursing a blistered wound till now.... sigh !!

Amos' chin looks really bad. The bruise was especially red on his tender fair skin. It was even worst when he woke up from his aftenoon nap. I looked at him & asked him "where is the pain"? He innocently look at me & tapped twice on his head & say "pain pain". Whether he truly knows where the pain area is but the fact that he say the word makes me feel lousy all over again :(

Just before bedtime, another knock occurred. The boys just love to play on the bed. They were both sitted on a bolster pretending to row a boat on the mattress. Amos lost his balance & knock against the wooden frame of my king size bed. It was too fast for me to react though I was sitted an arm's distance away. You could imagine how pain for me to witness 2 injury to my poor little boy in a day. It was too much for me to take :(

Luckily, I managed to get a present for Zac's upcoming birthday today just before dinner time. This is the only thing that brought a smile to me for the entire day to see Zac so thrilled. I have fulfilled his wish of getting him a tricycle. The new entry looked like a giant in our small house.

Amos wanted to pedal on it too but it was obviously too big for him to handle, so we put him as a pillion rider. The happiest one must be Zac, you see he is brimming with joy all the while :)

Yesterday, I wrote a post about the good thing of having kids of the same sex, the not so good about it is, they tend to be very "violent" when fighting over toys & I have to get 2 of the same toys everytime. However, it is simply not possible to get 2 tricycle now. It is on the expensive side & we already have a smaller one that Amos can sit. My little boy is also very smart, he wants to have new toys too. He doesnt want the old tricycle from Zac. So you can imagine how chaotic it is over at home on a day like this? Now you know why I am so busy at times?

I'm relieved that its FRIDAY again... ... Zac's school are celebrating Children's Day, I've got him some party food to bring & share with his friends. We are celebrating Zac's birthday today since Daddy will be away on his actual birthday. I'm so excited cos this is the first time Zac is celebrating his birthday at our own home with just the few of us. Over the 3 years, we used to order 2 cakes & celebrated twice over at each of our parents !! I cant wait to collect the birthday cake in the afternoon which I personally chose for Zac, do you still remember that he cant make up his mind whether to have either a Spiderman cake or Mickey Mouse cake? Let's see what mummy chose for him, to be revealed next week on his actual birthday. It happened on Thurs, so "Throwback Thursday" will be postponed bcos of the little man's big day !!

Till then, hope all of you have a good weekend ... ... :)

56 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Mariuca said...

Yay first commenter!

Poor Janice, it did sound really hectic at ur place today dear! And the accidents, was just a bad day I guess. I hope the lil cuties are no longer in pain. I know Zac must be on cloud nine with his new toy! Happy birthday Zac and I'm guessing u got him the Spidey cake!!! :):):)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Thanks for being my loyal first commenter :)

I hope it was just a bad unlucky day. Hope things turn around today since there is a joy for celebration :)

Hehe, let's see whether you are correct next week with the Spidey cake guess :)

Janice Ng

Crazed Nitwit said...

Sweetie, my boys were always covered in bruises and bandaids from when they began walking. Boys are very active and accidents happen. Brothers fight and wrestle and sometimes they fall off beds or roll into walls. I'm sorry it was so awful for you. BPB had stitches when he was 3. Jumped off a ledge(at someone else's house and hit the wall and split his forehead down to the bone). Keeping them away from cooking is a great idea.

Happy Birthday Zac. Cool Bike!!!

Jackie said...

Busy busy....Tammy has 3 boys so I know. Please drop by in a few minutes I have something for you http://shinade.blogspot.com hugs,Jackie

Unknown said...

Hey! It must have been a great feeling to see your son smiling. I am sorry you had such a difficult week!

J@n!ce said...

Janice NW : Oucchhh, that's so painful for BPB. The worst scene that every mum hope to witness, you must have been so frightened to see him falling off the ledge. Children at this age is the most active & difficult to control. You are blessed that they are teenage boys now. I have to be cautious in keeping a watchout of them. Falling off a ledge is not a joke. I hope the scar is less visible now. Hugs to a brave mum in my eyes & 2 your 2 boys :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : Thank you for always rem me & passing the award to me. Its cool & new to me. Thank you for making my Fri so bright & cheerful :)

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

So fast today is friday ! Hope you have a nice weekend..

lilifxt said...

ohh dear janice im understand well what chaotic day u had and how busy u r with the boys coz same here ...thank god nobody was hurt in that incident and u r right kids need more time to be spent with by the way i was going to post about why i m not too much online lately and about my busy day i find that both of us have many things in common
sorry about Amos' chin and zac 's finger accident today my lil was hurt on his nose...dont worry kids are so hyper thats why they get injured alot we are mothers of boys we have to get used of this
kisses for the boys im waiting to see zac's birthdaycake save a part for me zac....:)

J@n!ce said...

Amber : I hope things gets better today since we are calling for a celebration later. Thanks for your kind words :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Keeyit : Yes, time really flies, before you knows... weekend is over & we have to welcome the much bluish Monday :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Keeyit : Yes, time really flies, before you knows... weekend is over & we have to welcome the much bluish Monday :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Lili : Its always so warming to see your comment. I felt like we know how each other feels since we have kiddos of the same age. Sorry to hear that your little man is also injured on the nose. Kiss his little nose for me & hope it could recover fast. I will save a part of the cake for you but you have to grap it fast cos there are many pple eyeing for the ice-cream cake its gonna melt before you knew it :)

Janice Ng c

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

poor our lovely jan! what a day to handle huh! but you did great and dont blame yourself on their misfortunate events. It is not as tho' you are away from them or ignoring them. You have give them your tender loving care at your upmost best! They are blessed to hv you and vice versa! :)

The tricycle is beautiful! Great pressie! Zac is smilling so brigthly! :D Can't wait to see the birthday cake! Hope the kiddos are feeling better today. Here's two lollis for amos & zac! :)

Jean Chia

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Thank you so much for the comforting words. I felt better hearing from you that I have put in my most "TLC" (tender loving Care) in taking care of them. Misforunate incidents like that will still tend to happen. I hope Amos bruise will cool off soon it is looking quite bad still now. Thanks for the lollipops, they are one of the pressie Zac wish for. Thanks Aunty Jean :)

Janice Ng

Sweetpea said...

one tag for the weekend :)

http://sweetpeamy.blogspot.com/2007/09/age-i-wish-to-go-back-to.html

FL Sam said...

Luckily no one was injured in the accident. Hope everything will be better from today. Have a nice weekend. :)

RW said...

Hope you have a fantastic weekend Janice! :D

WaterLearner said...

Ouch! Poor Amos! Twice a day getting hurt?!

What brand is that cooking pot? To explode half way through cooking like that is too hazardous! I can't imagine if your two little ones wear near the cooking area!

I can imagine your "busy-ness". At their age, they tend to be very active. And looking after them fulltime is definitely not an easy job!

Take good care of yourself though.

And Zac looks so delighted with his gift!

Anonymous said...

can fully understand you and see the picture. that's normally a house with two energetic toddlers -- bt sad to know they hurt at times with accidents.

you too have a great week-end with the boys.

btw, you're tagged with "My Desktop Tag"

Bobby Revell said...

Hey Janice! Boys will be boys! I know they are a handful!!!! Hopefully they won't be like me when I was little, when I was 8 I would jump off the 3rd floor balcony for fun and my mother would just about have a heart-attack! I never got hurt doing it even when I'd climb 80 feet into the top of a tree.

They would put me on restriction and that only made me worse. I turned out ok though and haven't been hurt too badly.

Mommy's just love their children just like you! Janice is an AWESOME Mommy!

I dig that bike!:)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Wow Janice, thank god that day is over for you. Man, what a lousy day. Good thing your two boys are okay. And I know how it is to have 2 boys, they can really be a handful, especially when they're fighting ... LOL!

Happy weekend to you and your family Janice.

Anonymous said...

Sometime I wish I have 48 hours a day , so many things to do..... Take care
Have a nice weekend :P

Anonymous said...

hi Janice, it must be heart wrenching to see ur kid got injured.. but feel happy for u bcos u hv 2 cute little angels

J@n!ce said...

Sweetpea : Thanks, will check it out :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : Thanks, I hope everything will be fine after the incident too. :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Roger : Thanks, hope yours is great too :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Its a freebie through some purchases years back which I have forgotten what is the item that I purchased. I think it is due to in appropriate use cos every product as their temp range. My helper used to heat up the pot too much. I will watch up on her :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : OMG !! You are such a risk taker when young. I can imagine your mum must be screaming her lungs out. I have an impression that you are a very tall man. Is the jumping anything to stretch your legs longer, haha :D

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Nick : I think you could relate well since you have 2 boys too. I think my boys are replaying what yours have experienced before :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

MW : That's right, we just hope to have double that of the time so that we could accomplish our task. Have a good weekend too :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Arlene : Thanks for the tag. Will do it :)

Janice Ng

The Bimbo said...

Man that sounds really bad. And the glass pot thing it happened to my friend too! omg.... it's so dangerous...

mr fong said...

Oh no, so poor thing.... :( Hugs to your two cuties, haha.

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : I dun think I will replace another glass pot now. I would rather buy stainless steel pot. Its too scary to recall !!

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Winston : Thanks for the hugs to the cuties :)

Janice Ng

Shan said...

Aww the poor little guy.

emilayusof said...

Hi Janice! Despite all the accidents, you managed to do it all! You're really a Supermom!

Sam Chan said...

Hi Janice,

Indeed, it is tough to experience so many accidents in a day. You really need to have a good rest. Looking after kids and making a good home is not an easy task.

I hope everything is fine today!

Blessings to you and yours
Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion

JK said...

I know how difficult it is to see to 2 boys. My elder two are boys with 2 years gap. You should be happy your boys are active. If they are suddenly very quiet, you would be drop dead worried!

Chinneeq said...

oh Janice, i just came back from my holiday. See only 3 posts from u while i was gone. Think u must be busy and when i read this post, omg, thank goodness everyone is fine when that thing exploded. i have got more to share too, will update my blog again soon...

J@n!ce said...

Shan : My mum saw Amos' bruises on the chin yesterday. I felt bad about it cos mum dun understand how come with 3 adults at home the mishap can still happen. Sigh !! :(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Thanks for saying that I'm a supermom. However, this supermom is not performing too well recently. I will tell you why when I get back :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Sam : Yes, a good rest will makes the mind more alert to accomplish the overwhelming tasks to come. Thanks for the reminder :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Jo-N : Yes, you are right, something must be wrong if they becomes inactive suddenly. I should be relieved that they are active now :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Hope you have a good vacation? How I envy. Qiqi must be very happy, cant wait to see the photos. Yes, indeed I'm rather busy & din update my blog over the weekend..... hehe ;p

Janice Ng

節約ママ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
節約ママ said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad that you guys are all okay. Hope that you don't have to experience anymore accidents. I don't know if I told you this or not, but I finally got my own domain name for my blog. When you get a chance, please visit my new blog! Have a great one! http://www.hipmommysplace.com

J@n!ce said...

Hipmommy : Congrates on your new domain. Hope it brings you yet another bash to your making money wish :):)

Lots of love for you to your belated birthday !!

Janice Ng

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate accidents. I'm so glad no one got hurt when the glass pot shattered into pieces.

Hope Amos is feeling much better. I also hope Zac's finger is healing well.

I understand how hard it is for moms when their children get hurt. I remember my son slipping and hitting his upper lip on the ground. There was so much blood and it scared me. We rushed him to the ER and I'm so glad that he didn't need any stitching.

I always pray for my son to be safe from harm.

Heart of Rachel said...

Happy Birthday to Zac and hope he'll have a wonderful birthday celebration.

That's a cool tricycle. Thanks for sharing those great photos.

NIHAL said...

Boy, it did sound like a really chaotic day indeed for you and the kids.

My wife and I would be totally lost if the similar situation happened at our place too, so I can imagine.

BTW, please wish the little one a happy belated birthday :)

Bobby Revell said...

That's right Janice! I'm trying to make my long legs even longer! How on Earth did you know?

I like to jump rope too. I do it backwards though; I stand on my hands and hold the jumprope with my seven inch long, finger-like toes hopping up and down on my palms. I'll send you a video...ha ha hahahaha:)

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Thank you so much for your concern. Yes, as parents... we freaked out when seeing out little child get themselves into some trouble. As far as we try to prevent it, it will still occur somehow. I think that is just part of growing up :)

Thanks for your warm wishes for Zac :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Nihal : You are still early for Zac's birthday actually. He's birthday is on this coming Thurs 4 Oct. We celebrate early so that daddy can cut the cake with him :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : I'm actually very good in rope jumping too. I played the game as a kid. I just love it. That's why I am pretty tall too. hehe ;p

Janice Ng

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape