Today is Mid-Autumn Festival also known as the MoonCake Festival. Zac's school taught them to make a 2D lantern. It was beautiful!! I admit that I will not have thought of creating that. It was simple yet meaningful for the children to learn about the festival. It was nicely hanged in my hub's working desk at home now.
Last Sat, we had a small celebration over at my mum-in-law's house. We ate mooncake made by my eldest sis-in-law. She loves to make pastry for the family during her leisure time but just purely our of interest & not for earnings. She is humble lady. She could have start off a chain of bakery shops. Her baking skills are awesome. :)
The one on the left column is green tea with sunflower seed snow skin, the one on the right column is lotus seed paste. Yum yum...
Amos had his share of joy too. Last year, he was still young to appreciate the fun. This year he had so much fun at the garden that he kept wanted people to bring him outside.
Zac accidentally touched the fire metal rod after the fire sparks died off. I freaked out seeing that & hubs carried him to run his finger under the water. However, the rest of the people advised that it is better to cool off his scalded finger using toothpaste. I always felt lousy seeing the children injured themselves. I could feel his pain, I touched one of those when I'm young too. Ouccchhh, it was a painful lesson! He wanted his finger to be covered up using plaster. This is his usual reaction whenever he hurt himself & scared. This mishap reminds me the terrible accident that Zac's middle finger was caught in the LRT lift earlier this year (I haven't start to write blog then) & also his thigh caught in between the safety gates at the kitchen door.
It must be a terrible night for him, he cried so much that he dozed off in the car on our way home & didn't wake up until the next morning... ...
I replaced his plaster just now. It was quite a bad burn, a blister that stretch about 1cm on his fragile finger. I don't know how to treat it actually, should I wait for the blister to burst by itself? It was so sore in my heart to see him in pain. He screamed on seeing it & wanted to get it cover up again. Perhaps I should bring him to the doctor to get professional treatment since he is covered under accidental insurance.