Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-09-20

Throwback Thursday : Dozzzzzing Off ...

I took care of Zac alone when he was born. Being a First time mum, I was panicky & inexperienced. Everything seemed to be pouring onto me then. Zac is very close to me since his birth cos I breastfeed him till 2yrs old. I took care of him, bath him, feed him, bring him to playgroup, see him crying in school on his first few weeks & I'm also crying in my heart that I have to leave in there in his crying state *sob*.
I am always beside him whenever he needs me. I hardly have time for myself during the first 2 years when he was born until eventually, I'm pregnant with Amos. My tummy was growing by days & I could hardly managed to take care of Zac. Hubs got me a helper!! I could finally "breath" .... .... *smile*

I cant imagine that Zac is turning 4 years old in 2 weeks time. Looking back at him from the series of photo. He always makes me smile with his funny sleeping patterns. It was during these times when he dozed off I could quickly do some chores or lay my hands on the newspaper or chat with my friends online. I haven't learned to blog then, else I would be really super doper BUSY !! haha :D

A lot of of photos he was caught dozing off in his feeding chair cos he would tend to fall alseep after a few mouthful of food. I also duno why!! I felt relieved that he was catching some sleep.
I could get my things done during that hour :)





Babies tend to love sleeping in this awkward position. Experts say they felt more secured sleeping like that !! :)

Sleeping soundly in this electric sarong...
This is such a useful tool to have for mummies. You will not regret getting one. It cost about S$165 here, it will rock by itself depending on how long you preset the timer. You can catch some beauty sleep at night. I know how tired it is for mummies :)

43 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Crazed Nitwit said...

Wow! That electric sarong is way cool. Where was that 19 years ago? My baby is turning 19 next Monday. I know how you feel. HUGS!


Love all the sleeping pictures. My boys slept in that position as well. :)

WaterLearner said...

Wow .. Odd-Sleeping styles are more relaxing? Um... Maybe I will adopt one of his styles tonight?!

By the way.. check out my blog. You have been tagged, pretty!

J@n!ce said...

Janice NW : You are such a capable mummy, you have done well without the need of the sarong :)
Your baby is a teenage boy now. How good ... but I bet you missed the days when they are cuddling & younger & wanting all those mummy love & attention :)
I will have to hug & kiss them more before they turn away from me when they gets older :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Nono... those sleeping styles will end up making you all aching the next day with stiff neck & so. How could we have slept in that 90 degree head twist like that... Oucchhh.. I'm feeling so painful already :):)

Will be over to yours now...

Janice Ng

emilayusof said...

Hi Janice! I used this too for Yassin. He was so attached to the sarong and practically wants to sleep in there all the time. Finally, the spring broke down. He was weighing more than 10kg that time, no wonder!

emilayusof said...

Janice, it's me again! I think your idea of having this Throwback Thursday is so great that I'm thinking of joining you. Can I do similar post with the same theme? of course I'll be linking back to your post every Thursday. Tell me if it's okay.

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Oh honey, of course you can join in. You know I love to see Yassin's photo. Some old photos of him in his younger days are awesome. Faster get it up :):)

OMG!! The spring broke, I hope Yassin didn't have a bad fall? I thought we have to add on more springs depending on the weight of the baby? Actually Zac fell off the sarong twice also cos he turn & struggle at nite. On one freak out nite. I wake up & cant find him in the sarong. I was shock to see him on the floor. You can imagine how panicky I was. He din cry but struggle on the floor. That is one of my most terrible experience taking care of him ;p

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

I don't know why but the moment I read this post I have this funny vision of Zac dozing off and falling face-flat into his bowl of porridge or cereal. Hahahaha...

FACIAL!

J@n!ce said...

Ed : Must be bcos I mentioned that he fall alseep while having his meal. I don't leave the bowl right in front of him cos he will mess up everything. Its really difficult to clean up the chair with the cushion because of those safety belts all over :)

Janice Ng

Trix said...

I can totally relate to how difficult and tiring the first years as a mother can be.The tears one sheds out of worry when they go off to a new thing like school or playgroup! It can be overwhelming, thank heaven hubbs got a helper for you, now you have some time to blog as well! Hey, Janice....do they make those electric sarongs for adults?? lolz...I could imagine being rocked to sleep in no time if I had one of those!!

Wonderful pictures for thowback thursday....especially that really funny sleeping position!Never quite seen anything likeit! :)

Jesse Blogs It All !

emilayusof said...

Hi Janice! Thank you! I will put up a post soon!

We use the 3 springs, so after one spring broke, we immediately remove the spring. Luckily we put cushions below him.

WaterLearner said...

Emila .. I agree with you. Having an anchor theme on a weekly basis is also easier for one to manage the blog.

Maybe I would think of something like that as well.

Bobby Revell said...

Hey Janice! Ha ha ha...I like that 4th picture! I sleep like that all the time he he he:)

That 2nd pic id like me when I'm blogging:):):):)

J@n!ce said...

Jesse : You just make me laughing off my chair. What !! A sarong to rock you to sleep. I think we are mostly tired enough to be able to dozed off easily, you sure you think a rocking sarong? That will takes a lot of metal, bolts & nut to create if there is really one :)

You just make me smile with your funny comment, thanks girl :):)

I love those pictures too & they are good ones that I love to post & kept it for decades :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Ours have 5 springs in total, so we just add it on when the bb grows heavier. Good thing you have a mattress at the bottom. Cool :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : You sleep like Zac as seen on the 4th pic? You mean last time or now? If its now, wouldn't it be very difficult to breathe? You must be so tired that you jump right into bed & just too lazy to turn over huh? Funny Bobby :):)

I cant imagine you dozing off in #2 picture while blogging. I could relate if it is #1 picture. Slam on the keyboard. It did occur to me once :)

Janice Ng

Trix said...

I'm afraid you may be right! In order to make an electric sarong big enough for my Bloggers Bottom, they will need a Huge amount of material and a mechanism that doesnt stop!Still..imagine being rocked to sleep like that...one can only dream!
Glad to see you laughing, angel!
Keep the lovely pictures coming, you brighten up my day when I come and see the little guys in all their antics.. :)

Jesse Blogs It All !

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Janice, your boy sure loves to sleep ... just like me .. LOL! Cute little boy you have there.

My youngest son is also very close to his mom. I don't think he can go a day without her. He only close to me when mommy scolds him .. LOL!

J@n!ce said...

Nick : Zac was once like that too. He will run to his daddy for comfort when I am angry with him. However, he got to be closer to his daddy when he started to spend more time with him at age 2 :)

Janice Ng

Unknown said...

Hey, that "katak" style of sleeping is familiar. My daughter sleeps the same way. I also posted a picture of her in that sleeping position not too long ago. We feel ackward but they feel so comfy (scratching head).
I've got an award for you:
http://mamasbagoftricks.blogspot.com/2007/09/nice-award.html

Anonymous said...

Erhem, when u wanna to plan for third one :P

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Jan, Your boys are very cute. Mine like to sleep in odd position too. Sometime i worried about it but like you said they seems so comfy. Seeing them growing up each day is a joy. Cheers!

MakeTraffic SEO Traffic

Anonymous said...

I envy him, wish I could sleep as easily as that these days...

Mariuca said...

Wah, I must get that sleeping sarong for later (ahem! thinking of getting one even with no babies here LOL!) and Zac oso quite chubbs when young! Happy 4th brithday Zac! :):):)

J@n!ce said...

Jesse : Not only that but also need a mighty motor to drive the mechanism & its gonna cause a bomb :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Lian : You are right, that's a weird position but they are best comfy :)

Thanks for the nice award. Very honoured to receive from you & thanks for rem me :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

MW : I can only wait for miracles in term of monetary to happen then :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

MT : Yes, seeing them growing up each day is a joy. How true. I haven't see your boy yet. When you intend to put a pic of him? :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Gallivantor : It looks like a lot of adult got problem sleeping these days huh? You also need a rocking sarong like Jesse? ;p

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : You can suggest it for your sis's newborn around 2+mths then put her on sarong. Then in future, she can pass it to you. How great right? :)

Yes, Zac also quite chubbs when younger. He slim down tremendously after 2 yrs old :(

Janice Ng

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi jan! we used to have this sarong but not now. Chloe did not use this sarong, instead she use the normal bed crib that can rock one lar.
seeing baby zac sleeping so soundly makes me feel sleepy too... i missed my bed!!

J@n!ce said...

Jean : We were contemplating whether to get the rocker kind of bed but decided to get the sarong instead. It is really useful. You can consider it when your time comes. I regretted not getting it earlier. Hubs only bought it when Zac is 4 mths old. I already missed so much of my night sleep by then... hehe ;p

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice,
I loved this post and the photos. Time goes so very fast,enjoy every second. :)

J@n!ce said...

Kathy : Thanks. I am constantly reminding myself how blessed I am to have the 2 boys. Every Thurs post are good memories for me :)

Janice Ng

Adrian said...

Jan! err...First TIme Mum hehe... So cute lah your little baby sleepyhead! :) You're lucky you he loves to sleep cause I can't get my daughter to sleep...she just wants to stay up and play...even at bed time...will okk for even the slightest excuse to stay! LOL Must tell us your secret lah! :)

They grow up so fast yes! Happy 4th Birthday little Zac!

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : Ya loh, you are First Time Dad... so I am First Time Mum... hehe ;p

Zac hardly wants to sleep too. Its difficult to put him to sleep actually. I felt kinda relieved that he dozed off for a couple of hours in the day so that I could get my hands to do other stuff. Its a battle again at night, but thanks to the electric sarong which helps me tremendously :)

Thanks for the early greetings for Zac. His birthday is on 4 Oct :)

Janice Ng

darlene said...

these boys are truly blessed to have you as a mom!!

J@n!ce said...

Darlene : Thanks, I'm blessed to have them too. They are my miracles.... :)

Janice Ng

Blur Ting said...

Oh wow! You're a great mum, that's why he's so close to you.

I breastfed my older boy til he was 5! He's like superglue. When I shower, he'll sit outside the bathroom waiting for me to finish. stressful!

When I had my 2nd kid, we got a helper too and that really took a huge load off my back.

You're a great mum!

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : You are the greatest !! I see that you bf your elder till 5 yrs old. Oh man, that's so fantastic. You really save a lot on the milk powder. Kudos to you, my brave friend :)

I can relate to you on the bathing part. Guess what? Zac also watched me shower back then. It was difficult to leave him alone. He need to follow me wherever I go. I fully understand the word "super glue" :):):)

Hugs to you, you are a mummy I admire :)

Janice Ng

Heart of Rachel said...

This is the first time I've heard of an electric sarong. Very interesting!

Thanks for sharing these amusing photos. My son also enjoys sleeping face down with his little behind up.

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : I was surprised to see it selling over at the baby megastore too. I thought it was really cool one that my hubs got to get it for me :):)

Janice Ng

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

Hmm... If there is one thing about me when I was super duper young that I remember about, is that I remember being very hot and very uncomfortable in a sarong back then. I think i wanted to adjust myself or something, but just couldn't... prob i was too small to do anything then... So, i think I will not let my kids sleep in sarong in future... :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape