Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-09-18

Our weekend was ruined ...

We went to Pizza Hut to try the new Rosemary Chicken Cheesy Bites Fondue 2 weeks ago.


The dinner wasn't a pleasant one. Firstly, my helper spilled water onto the table & it dripped onto my legs & shoes. It wasn't her fault, it was an accident. Apparently, the waitress shouldn't have placed the 3 glasses of water right in front of Amos. Helper initiated to shift it away from him but the water toppled over & the mishap occurred !!

We upsized our Pizza to a large (L) one (paying S$6 more) for our set meal, however, the one that was served seem to be a medium (M) one cos we are not too filling after that. We didn't voiced out as we have gobbled up the Pizza by then & we were also unsure whether it was M or L. It was quite a late lunch for the kids. They usually have lunch around 11+. That day, we had our lunch near to 2 pm :(

Looking at the picture, do you think it is a M or L sized pizza? I think it is quite difficult to gauge from the picture!!

We also ordered a kid's meal for Zac. It comprised of a main dish, orange juice & a scoop of ice-cream. This is how the ice-cream look like when it was served. Do you think something was wrong? It looked like the ice-cream was melted & frozen again. See the layer of frozen ice-cream at the bottom of the bowl? I didn't give much thoughts to it then but I sensed something not quite right when all of us experienced tummy upset one after another not too long after leaving the restaurant. The ice-cream was obviously NOT freshly scoop right?

We don't usually patronize Pizza Hut (have to pay about S$50+ for eating 'bread', if you get what I mean!!) but that day was a weekend & everywhere was crowded with diners. We were late into our lunch & so just hop in to Pizza Hut which have available seats. This unpleasant incident will make us even more unwilling to enter their restaurant in future....

52 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

eastcoastlife said...

I haven't try their new pizza yet although I liked their Bak Kwa one the last time.
From the pic, I cannot gauge if it's L or M wor.

aiyooo... tummy upsets after eating at Pizzahut. Which branch?

darlene said...

not a lover of pizza hut since we have a favorite family pizzera here we love!....yikes is very costly aint it.....gesh!

Anonymous said...

I agree that for S$50, I prefer to have curry mee, wanton mee, Hainanese chicken rice, char kueh teow, rojak, aiyoh....better don't list anymore, salivating already!

I hope you have all recovered from your upset tummies.

lilifxt said...

hi janice sorry about the ruined dinner...it sometimes happens plan for for next weekend to make it better i hope....:)

Anonymous said...

oh, now that's sad. their pizza is really small in size compared to the rest, you are supposed to get 8 slices.

that's the sad thing about having late lunches, you cna't even complain because of hunger =(

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Janice, that looks a lot like a medium to me. I'd have thrown it back at their faces ... LOL! And that ice-cream looks like it was on the verge of dying! Im not a fan of Pizza Hut cos I've had some bad experiences with them myself.

Now if I was having pizza, Dominoes would be my pick :D Hmm, now you've made me crave for a pizza ... there goes my puasa for today .... LOL!

J@n!ce said...

ECL : My hubs likes their Bak Kwa too. But really very ex. The branch at CP :(

The waitress who served the water don't feel the urgency to get the table & floor cleaned up. Or, out of concern to ask if I am alright, which obviously I am not but she doesn't even ask at all. She looked at my as though implying that it is not her fault & she need not do anything. OMG :(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Darlene : Its really very costly to have pizza over at Singapore. I am not really a lover of pizza too. But it was a late lunch & since there were seats in the restuarants & the new menu so we thought of giving it a try :(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Judy : We can eat so much local delicacies with S$50, you are so so right. Awww.. those dishes are yummy :)
We have since recover from our tummy upset. Thanks :)

Janice Ng

FL Sam said...

One of those days that everything seems to go wrong huh. Good fortune will follows.

I hardly patronise Pizzahut, probably
once in 3 months. :)

J@n!ce said...

Lili : We were so busy at home tidying up the house to make a room for my hub's working desk. He will be working from home whenever he is not travelling. So, we passed the lunch time & ended up at this unpleasant restaurant :(

Janice Ng

Adrian said...

Jan! I've had bad experiences with Pizza Hut too! And that pizza looks mighty small to me! Should have asked the manager to explain! Check out my Monster meatballs post for details LOL

PS The ice cream looked cute....but a little runny...

That's why I prefer Domino's LOL

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : Now that you say that L size should be able to give 8 slices... I think we don't have that. Now I really feel so angry with them :(:(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Nick : Sorry to post out foodie on your Puasa. I thought of sharing my bad experience with all of you. I think I am boiling now after hearing that you all say it is a M size one that I am having. We paid S$6 extra & getting all those tummy upset & me all wet :(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : It was really a bad bad day. Everything turned tospy turvy :(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : yes, I saw the meatball over at yours before but I din see the menu over here. I think it will be a long long period before I enter or order from them again :(

The ice cream was really terrible. Luckily it was nicely decorated & Zac loved the look :(

I see a few pple mentioning Domino's here. I haven't try it. Mebbe its time for me to switch :)
Thanks for telling me :)

Janice Ng

Por Por Channel said...

isn't big deal right.....
sure you have plenty of ways to enjoy your day and week!

by the way, thanks for dropping by my blog.....
so wish you kena the coming TOTO and promise to buy me the TV woh!

Bobby Revell said...

Looks like a pre-meal appetizer to me. I would have asked, "Where is our main meal?"

I love pizza, but pizza hut is terrible in my opinion and I never eat there. When I eat pizza I make my own! I was a cook in an Italian restaurant for 1 year and I learned how to make pizza from an old Italian guy whose name of course was Nick!

I hope next time you guys have better luck and great customer service!

Mariuca said...

Hi Janice! Ooooh I just threw a tantrum at Pizza Hut few weeks back, not gonna order from there for a few months to show them how unhappy I was with their service!

And yeah, don't u just hate it when they serve u melted ice cream like that, what's the whole point of ordering ICE cream, know what I mean?!

Sam Chan said...

Hi Janice,

Could it be because you are just unlucky that day or a couple of Pizza Hut's employees was not performing well that day?

Well, although your weekend was ruined because of that, do remember to be grateful at all times. There are many who could not afford to eat at Pizza Hut or have enough to fill their stomach.

Forget it and have a great day!
Best Wishes
Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion

Sasha Tan said...

eh so pizza hut so exp in Spore ka? Here not so exp. if tummy ache better not go there anymore

J@n!ce said...

Cheeky : No luck yesterday & there goes one chance of Toto winning. Let's see if I strike in the BIG draw on Fri :)

Janice Ng

Sasha Tan said...

Hi jan, my son is about 18 months now

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : The ingredients to pizza making is really very cheap only. You save a lot when you know how to make it. Thanks to the Italian chef named, Nick :)

Bobby can make pizza yeah !!
I think it's gonna be so much tastier since you put stuff that you like only !! :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : You landed with the same agreement with me that Pizza hut sucks. Exactly the point with the melted dessert, the look of it at the picture I've taken boils me again :(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Sam : That will be the most unlucky day for the whole family. It was really our luck to have encounter the gp of irresponsible staff. Oh yes, although our weekend is ruined, we are of course still grateful for having the food. However, we are all 'sick' after that ....

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Sasha : Its really ex but still so many pple are going there for their meals. It will be a long time for me to eat there again or never :(

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Pizza Hut really CMI these days... or maybe my tastes to atas these days... :P

Chinneeq said...

alamak,Janice, the mickey ice-cream has got 'neck' liao.....the waitress must have waited a while before serving :(

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi jan! i seldom hv my meals at Pizza Hut. I used to love Pizza Hut but i think they are getting worst.
Sometime back, i tried their pasta, it was disappointing!! if they cannot perfect a pasta, dun lar come out with pasta and claim that it's the best italian pasta!

I am not surprise at the service you get at Pizza Hut. This is their standard. :/

J@n!ce said...

PD : Nice to see you here. Thanks for your comment :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Ya loh, what a terrible awful looking neck for mickey :(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Perhaps you could cook up a dish better than them? hehe ;p

Janice Ng

The Bimbo said...

hi! mentioned you in my blog... :) do take a look! :)

[Link]

NIHAL said...

OMG! So many facing issues with Pizza Hut??? I can't complain much about their version of "Pizza", as it's usually more localized I guess. But I do know for a fact that their Pasta is totally horrible for sure.

I personally would recommend pizza's that are served at Modestos, coz it's really made in the Italian style - using wood fire ovens and you get those thin crust ones with lots of cheese...yummy, yummy.

But I'm not sure if there's still an outlet in Singapore??

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : Thanks for the 'zai zai" link there :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Nihal : I've come across the name of the restaurant you mentioned but not sure where it is located now. I'm not really an italian food lover. But what you have described seems really yummy. I will give the restaurant a try if I get a chance. Thanks :)

Janice Ng

Mariuca said...

He he, I know what u mean, we pay a lot to get our meals right with the best service, come on la Pizza Hut! ;)

WaterLearner said...

Hey Jan,

Which branch of Pizza Hut did you go to? If I were you, I would send my questions to Pizza hut direct. And the Ice Cream look not fresh ..

Put your feedback to them. As a token of apology, they might give you free pizza vouchers.. Hahaaaa..

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Its indeed a costly meal on just bread as the main course. We want good service, we want good service :):)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Its the branch at CP. My hubs already threw away the receipt. Anyway, they are losing a customer just like that loh !! :)

Janice Ng

Blur Ting said...

Hey you know what? You should write to PizzaHut. Send it to the contact us section in their website and see what they say.

I'm sure they want to improve their service too.

I've not sat down at a pizza restaurant for the longest time. It's really expensive here, that I agree.

J@n!ce said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : Thanks, I think I will just live with it & don't visit them again. Its a hassle lah. :)

Janice Ng

Bobby Revell said...

Hi Janice, I can see Marzie throwing a tantrum in a restaurant! If I was her waiter, I'd be hiding in the back! Ha ha ha ha ha he he he LOL:)

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : I cannot imagine the lovely Marzie throwing a tantrum actually. I think I will be hiding too if I'm the waitress :)

Janice Ng

Trix said...

Janice, I saw the comment you left at Bobbys place...Dare I believe that your blog missed me????? :)))
As for this meal, the pizza looks so small, I could eat it up all by myself, and yes..I agree that the ice cream seems to have been re-frozen, the bottom section looks hard! The fact that you all had stomach pains is enough evidence that something was not so good! I have had bad experiences myself with such family restuarants, so I in fact seldom ever go there...the food and horrible service just irritates me too much!
Hope your Next family meal is a whole lot better, Janice!! :)

mr fong said...

I just went Pizza Hut to celebrate my bro's bday ytd... :S

J@n!ce said...

Jesse : Of course me & my blog misses your meow meow :):)
Glad that you see my words over at Bobby's !!
You are right about the food. Thanks, I sure hope the next dining outside will be a pleasant one :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Winston : So how's the celebration? Hope you guys have fun? :)

Janice Ng

Trix said...

Thats great to hear..yes, I saw your comment over at Bobby! By the way, your award is here http://jesseblogs.blogspot.com/2007/09/awards-are-best.html

Jesse Blogs It All !

J@n!ce said...

Jesse : Thanks. Its a miscommunication & blurness on my part. I explained over at yours :)

Janice Ng

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape