Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-09-17

Yoghurt Drink good for Zac?


Zac has been drinking the Yoghurt drink since early this year. This is so far the only drink with a bit of milk content that he can finish it without much problem. He will have a cup to go along with his breakfast every morning.



Marigold recently launched a new Strawberry Flavoured HL fresh milk. I went to the website to search this morning & was surprised that their webpage not updated with the New Product. It is still the chocolate flavoured ones.

The new Strawberry Flavoured fresh milk will make a good choice for Zachary who loves strawberries & dislike the taste of plain or chocolate milk. However, he only took a few sip this morning when my helper gave it to him. Looks like he still cannot withstand the taste of milk even when it is flavoured. Sigh.... what should I do now? He is lacking calcium now I could see his nails getting more brittle than usual :(

Do you think the Yoghurt Drink (see first picture) is good for Zac who is turning 4 yrs old. I've been giving him every morning.

Please advise me !! Thanks :)

42 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Hi Jan, would you believe I use to hate yoghurt? I've only recently started taking it after the wifey forced me to try ... hehehe ... and I ended up liking it ... LOL!

J@n!ce said...

Nick, I don't like yoghurt too. But is slowly taking it easy since this is becoming one of the drinks my boy takes without screaming... LOL :)

Janice Ng

kegler747 said...

Does it taste the same with Dutchmill youghurt drink? I'm drinking that brand and sometimes Nestle brand. I saw Dutchmill there in Singapore. I believe it is made in Thailand.

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : We have this dutch something brand over here too. I cant recall what's the brand now. mebbe you are right about Dutchmill. You really know a lot of stuff in Singapore :)

Janice Ng

Bobby Revell said...

He just doesn't like the taste of milk? Maybe a little reverse psychology can help. Like make milk seem like this great thing everyone loves, but let him know he can't have this delicious treat.

He may start wanting it! That's what my mom did to me when I was a kid. She'd tell my little sister you get milk! She'd look at me and say, "No Bobby, don't look at the milk, this is only for sis. I suddenly wanted milk! Ever since then I have loved milk!

kegler747 said...

hehehe :) here in Manila we only have like 4 flavors of Dutchmill but in Bangkok i saw at least 10 flavors and some were sugarfree that's why I was charged for over the luggage weight limit at the airport because of those dutchmill thing :) I also used to drink Yakult when I was small, but now I don't like it anymore.

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : Oh yes, thanks for teaching me that. I will give the drink to Amos & let Zac see how wonderful & tasty the drink is & that Amos is enjoying the drink so much. Let's see if it gets any help. Thanks :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : Yakult is my long time favourite. However, it is very costly. I don't get it for myself. I bought them for my 2 little boys to drink cos they love it. How great this mummy is right? *blush*

You are really a loyal Dutchmill supporter :)


Janice Ng

WaterLearner said...

Hi Jan,

You are a great mommy as usual!! I guess having yogurt milk is better than nothing. Unfortunately, I know nuts about nutrition! **sigh** Can't help you much here. But I do agree with Bobby's little reverse psychology. This might work you know. Hee Hee..

Thanks for the "ad" on HL Strawberry flavoured milk. I feel like buying one to try. Is it very sweet?

Bobby Revell said...

I think when were kids we really don't know what we like, we just think we do. My mom doesn't like broccoli, so she never gave it to me as a kid. One day when I was older I tried some and I loved it!

I like all food! There is hardly anything I don't like!

J@n!ce said...

Karen : haha, actually I'm als not too good in giving advise on nutrition but I just know that my boy is lacking in calcium cos he has not been drinking milk since 2 yrs old after I'm pregnant with Amos & stop to breastfeed him. He only loves my milk, he cant take formula milk. That's weird cos formula milk is supposed to be much tastier :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : I think parents tend to be wrong by not giving the kids the food which we ourselves doesn't like. I don't like brocolli too, but have learned to get it for the good of the boys & they just love it. Good, cos brocolli provide good amounts of calcium :)

Thanks for the reminder again. I will include the vege in my next shopping trip :)

Janice Ng

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

i dont like milk too. But since i have back bone problem - it aches after 10 minutes of standing straight, i need to drink milk. i've tried on several milks.. yuck to all other brand except Marigold Low Fat Milk, the one in red packaging. It has a sweet taste and less 'milk' taste. Mayb Zac can try that.

Anyway, good step at getting him the yoghurt drink! it's full of calcium too.. i love the tropical flavour!

JeanChia

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

->bobby: LOL! your mom sure knows about reverse psychology! :D

JeanChia

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Red packaging.... err... are you refering to Daisy Low Fat milk. That is the only red one we have here. There is one time I used to drink that when I am pregnant. You said you have back problem. Are you having slipped disc? My hubs got some back problem too. He will ache if stand for too long.... *sob*
Janice Ng

Blur Ting said...

Yoghurt, ice-cream yoghurt, cheese and soya milk are some options.

If he is allowed to eat cold stuff, you can try the soya milk softee at Mr Bean. It tastes really good.

J@n!ce said...

BLur Ting : My boys loves desserts, esp ice-cream, jelly, ice blended drinks. He don't like soya bean milk & cheese. But ok with soya beancurd. I've tried the sofee at Mr Bean, its really soft & yummy :)

Thanks for your suggestions.

Janice Ng

FL Sam said...

Me & my son too dont like milk because of ezcema. We can go for other non-diary source for calcium like Chinese cabbage, kale and broccoli. :)

NafaSg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NafaSg said...

Hi Janice,

I agree with flsam. Besides milk, there are some other alternatives that provide calcium nutrients.

Well, most kids dont like their veggies..and for this scenario, Zac only took a few sip when was fed to plain or chocolate milk.

You might want to refer to our article on how to hide the nutritious food that they do not like.

For instance, you can hide vegetables and meat between two burger buns. More tips there.

http://nafasg.blogspot.com/2007/07/improve-your-childs-eating-habits.html

Hope this helps, Janice. Rest assured, i am sure Zach will grow up to a young healthy man, one day.

Take care, Have a great week ahead =)

li ann said...

almond and soy products like soy milk and tofu are good sources of calcium too.

is he okay with cheese? cheese is good too

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : Zac used to have eczema when he was last than a year old. I'm relieved that though he dislike milk. He loves vege, any kind of vege we gave to him so far, he jolly takes it well. Cabbage, spinach & brocolli are some of those on our menu :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Nafa : Thanks. I've read the article before at yours. We don't have to hide the vege, Zac loves vege, esp carrot. Every meal we have to ensure there is carrot, he loves the color of carrot & will check that he sees it inside his bowl... LOL :)

Our worry is that since he doesn't drink milk, he will not be getting the other nutrients from milk like DHA, Probiotics, Omega...etc :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

DLG : Zac loves toufu & soya beancurd but not soyabean milk drink :)

He cant take cheese too well too :)

Janice Ng

Mariuca said...

Hi Janice! Sorry I'm late today! I only take HL milk cause it's the best tasting. We have banana flavoured HL here, which is so not to my liking so make sure don't give Zac that one LOL! :):):)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : hehe, you are indeed quite late today ;p
I'm scare of the banana flavoured milk too & so is Zac :)

Janice Ng

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Jan, I love Strawberry Flavoured fresh milk! I like it since my primary schools days (which is long time ago).

Not sure about Yoghurt though as i don't drink it. Maybe you should consult a nutritionist or doctor. They can advise better. I give my son green veggie for calcium besides Milk.

MakeTraffic

J@n!ce said...

MT : I never really like milk since young bcos I'm scare of getting fat lah. But slowly try to drink it during my pre & post pregnancy. Yes, I should consult a nutritionist in this case. :)

Janice Ng

Adrian said...

Janice! My daughter loves yogurt! Asks for it every day! Sometimes more than once! Can't seem to get enuf sometimes!

That strawberry milk looks good...I love strawberry milk...and chocolate milk too...YUMMY!

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : Zac loves yoghurt too. He is slowly about to take the fruity yoghurt dessert now besides the drink. I felt so relieved to see him getting those food down :)

I prefer chocolate milk to strawberry. Banana milk is a no no to me. I'm just too scare of the taste :)

Janice Ng

Mariuca said...

Jan, once I accidentally bought the banana one and happily poured it all over my frosties! And took a big bite too, can imagine how bad it tasted or not? :(:(

Anonymous said...

Dear Janice:

my son is same with your son too, never drink cow's milk

usually i supplement him Soy milk (very healthy as compare to cow's milk)

try to include your son recipe such as Taufu, Eggs,Fish, Pls let him eat more Vegetables,.

hope this help.

u are such a great mom's, my salute to you

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I can imagine for someone who doesn't take the banana taste too well, its gonna taste terribly awful :(

What happen to the carton of milk then? B finish it up for you? :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Racheal : I'm glad that those food that you listed are our on our menu too. He cant take soy milk powder too, neither can he endure soybean milk *sob*

Janice Ng

Mariuca said...

Janice! Of coz I threw it out la, nobody likes banana milk at my home, not even da cats LOL! :) Wasted right? ;)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Not even the kitty loves the banana milk... I can imagine how bad it is. So next time you must take a closer look at the packaging before purchase.

Btw, you may wanna try freezing the milk to become ice-cream, mebbe it will taste better?

I think its difficult for someone who really cant take the drink well. I'm scare of it too :(

Janice Ng

A world that i've seen said...

i love yoghurt!
but i dun really take yoghurt drinks. i rather go for fruities yoghurt, just scoop it out n indulge 'em. yummy!
marigold oso come out banana flavour milk, but i still prefer original or chocolate.
tat day i tried another brand of milk, milk with malt. not bad! :)

J@n!ce said...

Jo : Zac is slowly loving the taste of fruity yoghurt from Meiji. He will have a small tub every afternoon. It cost about S$0.83 cents here. I've tried the milk with malt from magnolia. Its really tasty, but very ex :)

Janice Ng

Sweetpea said...

cheese, ice cream (sure he'll love that?!!) yoghurt based ice cream are good options. if you want to give him the good bacs, try yakult. aidan loves it. or perhaps bread that is fortified with calcium, or chewable calcium tablets which can be found in pharmacies. good luck :)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I love yogurt!!!!!!!!!!!!

J@n!ce said...

Sweetpea : The boys love yakult, we sure of that in the fridge :)

Oh yes, I gave him DHA supplements. He is supposed to suck on it but he constantly chewing. Its bad for the teeth :(

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Speedycat : Me 2 :)

Janice Ng

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape