Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-12-31

4 night Libra cruise to Phuket

We went on a 4 night cruise to Phuket on board SuperStar Libra recently. It was a last min booking cos I was informed rather late of a travel voucher from my sis which could be used to offset about 1/3 of the cruise payment. We managed to secure a quad cabin with port hole finally !!

This is the first time I board Libra. I've been on SuperStar Virgo & Aquarius!!

Off we go ... ... ...

The boys were amazed by the mega ship !! Their virgin ride ... .....


There are a total of 9 decks. Our cabin is on deck 2. Really very cramp...this was how we let the 2 boys to sleep. We brought down one of the mattress on the upper bed & placed it on the floor. They were so interested on the ladder & kept climbing up & down :(


The yummilicious spread of food from Four Season (left : Western) & Ocean Palace (right : Chinese cuisine) These were only food we had for 2 meals. You can imagine how well fed we were on board throughout the whole trip :):):)


Entertainment from the cruise crew on one of the night at Star Lounge !!
Zac volunteered to participate in one of the game show called the Horse Ride. He is "horse" number 3. I bet on horse 1, 3 & 6.... not my lucky numbers though. Horse number 4 won !! :):)


How can the boys missed playing in the pool there? The water is so ...... saltish ;p


We embark at Phuket (Patong Beach) on the 3rd day & spend about 8 hrs on the island.
The main attraction is the elephant ride at Island Safari. The 4 of us sat on the elephant. You can imagine how strong the mammal is to carry 3 adults (not forgeting the trainer too) & 2 child up & down the challenging terrains *sweat*
The boys also had a jolly good time watching the funny monkey doing its tricks. We also took photos with the cheeky little fellow that lifted its tiny hands for the photo shot. So smart !! :):)


We also went to Phuket's most famous Buddhist temple, Wat Chalong. The boys were amazed by the magnificient sculptures :)


These were the things we brought home. Mostly photos..... haha... they are really precious & expensive photos I should say !! :):)


This marks the last post from me for the year 2008.
May I wish everyone a fruitful year ahead :):)

This is a miracle... ...FIRST Commentator

Thanks Carlo for being my first commentator here !! Congratulations !!

53 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Anonymous said...

yey! im the first to comment here in your last post for 2008.

I wish you, your husband, Amos & Zac the best of everything in 2009.

I envy you in your Phuket cruise. From the looks of the picture it seemed you had a blast in Phuket. I will also go there in the second half of 2009 with my friends and I hope I will had the same fun as you did :)

Enchie said...

Looks like you had a blast Janice!!! Best time of the year to be with the family Happy New Year!

escape said...

i will really visit phuket and the phi phi islands. that's one of my goal before 2010 ends.

Mariuca said...

Hola Janice, u are my first visit today! Oh but I missed being FC here lor! ;)

Mariuca said...

Wah so nice la all the pics! So this was not ur first cruise...lucky you la! It sounds like so much fun. I'm glad u got to spend time with hubby and kids. :):):)

Mariuca said...

The food looks delish Janice, am sure u guys enjoyed ur trip very much. I oso like the monkey pic with u he he! Pat pat!! ;)

Mariuca said...

Happy New year to u and the cuties, I will have my last post of the year out too soon. Feeling a bit sickish now but of coz must have a new year post later LOL! Love and hugs. :):):)

WaterLearner said...

Happy New Year Jan!!

eastcoastlife said...

Wah!! *envy*

It’s been wonderful knowing you. May you be more charming, richer, healthier and happiest this coming new year!!

Happy year 2009!

Anonymous said...

You guys were on me? *laugh* I'm a Libra...

what a great trip! your boys are fortunate to be able to travel at such young age... how come didn't see daddy in the photos...?

MakeTraffic said...

Happy New year, Janice!

May 2009 bring joy, health and prosperity to you and your family

Cheers!

Maketraffic

Amel said...

Happy New Year, Janice and family! WOW sounds like a FAB trip! And look at those food...SO MUCH of them!!!

LOVE all the pics, too he he he he...

Blur Ting said...

That looks like so fun, makes me wanna go on a cruise too!

chartao said...

really looked like an fruitful and enjoyable trip.

Happy 2009!

Heart of Rachel said...

Looks like you had a fabulous trip. Glad you had a great time bonding with the family.

Wishing you a wonderful New Year. May 2009 usher in many wonderful blessings for you and your family.

RW said...

All the best to you and your family in '09! Lend me your ear I have a award for you (Click Here)

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : YAY!! You are first again & for my last post for 2008 !! Great !!
Thanks for your wishes & may you travel even further & "conquer" more lands in the new year. hehehehe ;p

J@n!ce said...

Enchie : Hi Enchie, I hope you had fun with your family counting down to 2009? :):)

J@n!ce said...

Dongs : Great !! I went to PP island before. Its awesome :):)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : You visited me first again. I'm so luck... I hope I could be lucky the whole of 2009 !!

Yuppie, I went to a couple of cruises before but this round was the most enjoyable cos the kiddos gave us so more laughter :):)

J@n!ce said...

Karen : You have set yourself wonderful NY resolutions. I really hope you could achieve them. I should gave myself some thoughts for the NY too :):)

J@n!ce said...

ECL : Nice to know you too. Wow, thanks for your wishes. I hope those wishes you had for me came true. It so amazing :):)

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : LOL !! You are rite... we "sat" on you. hehehe...
Happy New Year to you & family :):)

J@n!ce said...

MT : Glad to see you here at my last post lah !! Where have you been?

All the best to you & family for 2009 :):)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : hehehe... I know you love food & those delish food will definitely set your stomach going all "crazy".. wahahahahaha :D:D

J@n!ce said...

Blur : Its really fun for us. You may wana to bring your 2 boys during the hols :)

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : Happy 2009 to you & hope you could settle down soon :):)

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : May you have a blast 2009 & a wonderful year with your family :)

J@n!ce said...

Roger : Thanks for the award :)
May you take more cool pics for the New Year :):)

Juliana said...

Happy new Year, Janice.

omg....this is COOL. I never vacation on cruize. Hope someday :D

Btw, I hope you have time to Vote for me again ^_^ for the Annual Blognet Awards. Thanks

Farah Deen said...

oh my god! how absolutely exciting that was. I've always wanted to go on cruise somewhere, and we were even planning to go on a star cruise somewhere nice, but still the time has not come yet. I bet the cruise to Phuket is fantastic,I could see it's really beautiful on the cruise, and Phuket is always a fantastic place for the family. We've been there too but by air, I know it is much better to travel by sea.

Wishing you a happy and prosperous new year too Janice.. :)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : You participate in the contest again. Ok, will be over to take a look :):)

J@n!ce said...

Farah : This is the 2nd time I been to Phuket. The first time was via air. Its really amazing how a mega ship could float on the water like that. So impressive. I hope you get to board on one real soon with the kiddos :):)

Mummy Moon said...

Happy new year 2009 to you Janice, so nice you have a vacation on Libra cruise....

LadyJava said...

OMG Look at that food.. I'm hungry now Janice!!

Happy New Year to you and your family dearie!!

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

looking at all the photos, i bet you had so much fun while aboard the big ship

J@n!ce said...

Moon : Yes, it was an enjoyable trip on board Libra :)

J@n!ce said...

LJ : Thanks dearie. Hope you will have a wonderful 2009 :):)

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : Yes, it was a stress free trip :):)

Lemonjude said...

Nice cruise trip for all of you...the food is really nice la...luckily no one got sea sick..

J@n!ce said...

Judy : We could hardly feel the motion from the ship except during the night when the sea is rough.... the vibration could be rather obvious :):)

Mariuca said...

Hi Jan, I have a tag for you at Wishing on a Falling Star, have a great day! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi jan! looks like so much fun lar yr trip!! sad to say this but i havent been on cruise before. Would really love to try on board one day. :)

and the food looks yummy~licious!! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

Happy New Year to you & your family! May the new year brings lots of happiness to you!! :) *HUGZ*

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

FYI, i havent get my alppie back but i'll start working on your blog tomorrow! will let you know details then, k! :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Sure, thanks. May you be more charming, earn more money & have more memorable moments with M in the new year :):)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Thanks, will check it out :)

Merecil Amigo Kidder (Em) said...

oh my gosh this is a big blast... You guys really enjoy your vacation...pics looks really fun... We never been into cruise ship but want to try it someday but im just too worried being in the ship for long co'z i don't like the moves of the ship makes my head hurt.:)

J@n!ce said...

Em : The movement is really very mild. You could hardly feel it is moving actually!! I think Chance is gonna love it ;p

Anonymous said...

wow so nice.. holiday, pls tell me which agency is it. I like to check with them too... have not been to Phuket

J@n!ce said...

TH : My agency is Chan Brothers :)

RC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BargainCruise said...

wow very nice ! that looks like a wonderful vacation you had.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape