Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-07-17

Scatch Mark on Zac's Face

Zac's English teacher called me on Tues. I immediately sensed that something not quite right since it is unusual for the teacher to call.

Apparently, Zac & another boy got into an argument over the snack pack given. The boy raised his hands & his LONG fingers scratched Zac right face (see photo). It was about 5 cm long & the cut deepened at the ends which was about 3 cm long :(

I questioned the teacher how come she din notice the boy's LONG finger nails since she checks them one by one every day before class commences? She replied that the boy's family has yet to trim his finger nails even after persistent reminder .... sigh !! :(

Now, my poor boy had to bear with this bad scratch on his face which I think will take weeks for it to subside. Hope it will not leave down scar :(


41 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Unknown said...

OUCH! Can't the teacher just cut the boy's nails?

J@n!ce said...

Lian : I thought so too. I rem last time when Zac attended playgroup when he was 19 mths old, the teacher actually trim the nails for the children. How sweet & thoughtful !! :)

Bobby Revell said...

You should go to school and trim that kid's fingernails for him (his mom might not like it). Poor Zac, I'm sure it will heal up quickly, he's young and healthy:)

LZmommy said...

Poor Zac... I'm sure he will recover fast. Kids heal faster than adult.

sunshine said...

Just pop by to say Hi ! You have a pair of very adorable kids !

WaterLearner said...

Oh my .. the scratch looks quite bad. Did you disinfect the scar or apply any cream?

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : By now the nails should have been trimmed :)

J@n!ce said...

Jane : I hope so too, the sight of it just makes me heart ache :(

J@n!ce said...

Catlover : Thanks for dropping over & your kind words :)

J@n!ce said...

Karen : The teacher did apply cream which I'm not sure what it is too. On my end, I did not apply anything. I let it dry & heal by itself :)

Blur Ting said...

Oh dear. Poor kid. Unfortunately such incidents happen in school. I think his skin will heal properly since he is so young and cells regenerate very fast.

JK said...

Don't worry too much, Jan. Children's wounds heal fast. He'll be as handsome as before in no time.

J@n!ce said...

Blur : I hope so too but still cannot help worrying for him :)

J@n!ce said...

Jo-N : I have to pray hard cos its still very obvious now. Thanks for your kind words :)

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to Zac. It's a long scratch. He's still young and I'm sure it will heal well without any scar.

Anonymous said...

that looks bad for kid's fingernails. if i were u i wld confront the parents n ask them why didnt they trim the nails even though they have been reminded. if not, teachers must go tell the parents at least.

it shdnt leave a deep scar. ok one...

emilayusof said...

Oh, pity Zac! My son had a scar on his armpit, said it was the teacher's doing. I confronted the teacher and she said she must've accidentally did it while trying to stop my son from playing superman on the table. I don't believe a word she said but forgave her. My son told me that she hit him with the ruler.

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Thanks for your concern :)

J@n!ce said...

Wen : The grandma brings the other boy to school everyday & apparently din understand english. Even so, the family should also check on the hygiene (long fingernails) of their boy in this case. Sigh !!

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Scar on the armpit? That is quite an unusual place. Poor Yassin, hope it is not a bad scar? Hugs :):)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

ouch, that looks painful! i hope it does not sting much when contact with water. Poor Zac! ><

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Poor Zac but don't worry, the scar will heal in time. He's still young and growing :D

My younger boy has so much scars on his hands and legs that I can't count them any longer. He's just too active and gets himself into all kinds of trouble ...

*e*le*nie* said...

poor zac... i think the teacher should be more stringent in the hygiene check. agree with lian that the teacher should jus cut it on the spot...

WaterLearner said...

Is he getting better today? Still hurts?

Have a Great Weekend Buddy!

I am running the 10km Shape Run this Sunday with Blur. Cheer for us ok?

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I would have gave that boy the stare that he'll remember for the rest of his life!!!

A scratch like that on my younger boy (which is so often) normally fully recover without scars in less than 2 weeks.

but if that same scratch landed on my elder one, it may take longer than that...

its all up to the 'quality' of the skin, hope he gets well real soon! You must be so hurt!

J@n!ce said...

Jean : I understand what you mean, so far he did not complain of pain when I shower for him :)

J@n!ce said...

Nick : That is what I'm afraid that he will also have countless scar down the road. *Sob*

J@n!ce said...

Elenie : I have to agree too :)

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Enjoy your run with Blur. Take Care :)

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : LOL :)
He is fortunate to have met me cos I hardly stare at pple.
Zac had a bad fall before on his right arm when he was abt 2 yrs old. The scar is still obvious & its gg to be permanent. I really dun wish to see any more of those :(

chartao said...

poor Zac...

hope there will not be a scar... the other boy really mean lor..anyhow scratch.

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : Thanks for your concern. The scar is healing ....:)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

phew.. that's a relief to hear! :)

oh, jan! it's great to hv you & yr kids at AGP today! :)

Happy weekend, sweetie!

Amel said...

ABOMINABLE!!!!! Sorry to hear about this. :-((( Poor Zac! I hope the wound goes away soon!

J@n!ce said...

Jean : You're welcome. Thanks for coming over during the weekends. Hope it has been great :)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Its clearing off now. Thanks for your concern :)

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

tsk tsk...poor Zac, good that he didn't fight back.

I don't think that will leave a permanent scar on his face. If you think it will, there is an ointment to diminish scars.

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : It has faded but can still see a bit of the scratch there :)

Mariuca said...

Hi Janice! Oh I'm not happy abt this either! :( And yes, why can't the teacher just cut the other boy's nails? :(:(:(

Poor Zac, I don't think it will leave a scar though. HUGS!! :):):)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Many friends told me the teacher should have helped to trim the nails too.... sigh !! :(

Anyway, he is recovering well now. Thank goodness :)

Unknown said...

Hi - I actually found your post by accident. I live in France and the same thing happended to my 4 year old. the scratch is really bad on his face and I am so upset and worried that it will scar. Did Zac's heal well? Do you recommend anything to reduce the scarring?

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape