Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-11-17

My Hard Rock Bear Collection ... ...

I've got a total of about 150 variety of Hard Rock Bears from all over the world, namely : Nagoya, Hong Kong, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Pattaya, New York, London, Paris, Piraeus, Bangkok, Bali, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Las Vegas, LA, Melbourne, Tokyo, Toronto, Chicago, Tel Aviv, Surfers Paradise, Pharaoh and etc... ...

I actually purchased 3 glass cabinets just to house all the collectibles together in a corner of my living room :)



The bear below is the most expensive one from Egypt (Pharaoh). It comes in a nice box, an Egyptian bear an the mummy wrap. Really cool isn't it? :):)


The 4 collectibles below are my favourite cos I purchased them personally on my oversea trip (LOL !!)
They are the Dolphin & Bear (from Pattaya), Kangaroo & X'mas series bear (from Melbourne)

Can you see Cherish (pink sweater) & Love above (blue scarf). The latter is a giveaway from Marzie's contest which I hope to win. Cant wait for the results to be out !! :):)

This is a miracle... ...FIRST Commentator

Thanks Jackie for being my first commentator here !! Congratulations !!

69 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Jackie said...

Oh Yay i get to be first somewhere. I am never first.

I love all of your bears. and look at you sneaking in Marzie's little beauty.

Ha...clever....very clever!!:-)))

Jackie said...

Ha! Marzie when you drop by I beat just this once..hee hee:-)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Wow, that is a lot of bears you have there :D You probably own every bear in this world. LOL!

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : FIRST !! Congrates Jackie.
Cherish & Love made a pair, don't you think so? Marzie will be surprised that I mention Love here again. hehehe ;p

J@n!ce said...

Nick : Nah, there are still a lot which I haven't purchase. Tightening belts these few years bcos need to spend stuff on the boys :)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Awesome collection!

Woot woot

J@n!ce said...

Eric : Thanks. I'm surprised that I've got so many until I counted :):)

kegler747 said...

Wow, I'm impressed with the vastness of those teddies :) Are Amos and Zac allowed to touch those?

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : They are getting a bit dusty over the years cos the cabinets are not fully enclosed. They did not request to want to touch them though *surprised*. However, they like to bang on the glass :(

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

wow, jan!! that's an amazing collection u have there!! and three glass cabinets!! gosh, that's alot of bears!! :) it's like a part of the toy dept in yr living room. :)

Farah Deen said...

the cutest is surely the mummy bear- all cutely wrapped up. it's a wonderful hobby Janice, and it will give you a lot of money too if you decide to sell them off- but DON'T!!!

Now, if you won Marzie's contest, I wouldn't be jealous of you, because I know how much you love your bears. :)

Juliana said...

oh my....ALL cute

Anonymous said...

Janice! Wow what an amazing collection! I like the Pharoah bear...its so unique!

Hope you get more bears soon!

Cheers!

GK

chartao said...

phew! what a collection you have here! ;)

Anonymous said...

oh my! 150! how do you keep track?! I would have lost count! i collect Little Twins Stars stuff and I've already lost count long ago.....

Tiffani K said...

Love the Egypt bear!I collect Barbies but am afraid to put them out. They are boxed up at my moms.

Trinity said...

love that mummy bear... hehehehe...

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Thats the "proudest" place in my home :):)

J@n!ce said...

Farah : One day if I need money... This is one thing that I could hopefully retrieve back some earnings. However, I hope the day will not come cos I couldn't bear to leave the bears :)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Thanks, they just make me smile :)

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : Thanks, I hope to be able to add a few more unique series :)

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : Its a sweat to clean up the cabinets also !! ;p

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : I roughly counted them prior to writing the post :)

I used to fancy Little Twins Stars & My Melody too :):)

J@n!ce said...

TRD : My bears used to be boxed up too until moved to my own house & bought the 3 glass cabinets to display them :)

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : Its really unique rite? I like it too :)

WaterLearner said...

Wow .. you really have an impressive collection. Must have spent quite a bomb on this.

Anonymous said...

Thats consider a huge collection you have..all are unique.

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Ya lo. I wouldn't have spend that kind of money nowdays. Rather get things for boys. hehehe ;p

J@n!ce said...

Judy : Thanks so much :)

FL Sam said...

Hi Janice, that's a huge collections.
Many years back while I was in USA, my fren there told me about this softtoys(I cant remember the name) and for those limited edition the value goes up and fetch a big sum of money. I did bought some but later the company didnt do well but I think it is still around but no more craze. :)

Mariuca said...

Hi Janice! Happy Wednesday sweetie, raining heavily here, so I brought u some Cafe 21! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Wow Janice! I love that mummy bear la!! It's adorable, and all the way from Egypt eh? So cute!! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Jan, speaking of bears, have u been to MPG yet? It's her birthday yesterday and I am having another contest he he! ;)

Mariuca said...

Ok sweetie, dropped EC here oredi, have a good day! :):):)

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : Its sadded to know that the purchases were worthless *sigh* :(

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I've been so busy lately & haven't blog hop. Will check it out :)

Jackie said...

Yayyyy this is wild because you are the first over to my site too.

Thank you and I just added you to my post also!!

Happy day and Hugs for all:-)))

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful collection.

My wife collects bears as well, but I dare not show her your blog for fear of going broke. But, then again, she's worth it.

Amel said...

WOWWWWW!!! They're REALLY creative, esp. the one with a mummy wrap! I've NEVER seen one like that before!

Jackie said...

I'm back and I just finished up with a really long long post.

But at the very bottom is something I made to say thanks to everyone.

http://shinade.blogspot.com/2008/11/award-time-catching-up-and-passing-out.html

It is completely free to do with as you please.

Hugs:-)))

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : That's so cool. We strike on each other's blog. Will be over yours in a min :)

J@n!ce said...

Steve : haha, thanks :)

^^TeReNcE^^ said...

the bears are CUTE!! :) OCBC card this festive also got promotion. spend at least $500 can redeem a Shasha bear. But i dunno how a shasha bear looks like lor...

anyway.. dropping by to say "Hello!!". Cheers! :)

Juliana said...

Hi Janice,

Don't miss my post today. It is about Jason's new bed.

J@n!ce said...

Terrence : Thanks for telling me. Hope you had a good weekend ahead :)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Sure, will check it out :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

morning jan! im sry to drop & run like this. but there are still so many blogs to visit. so i am gonna make this quick!

i've just purchased my own domain! please change my url in yr blog to http://www.agreatpleasure.com. In short, please omit the .blogspot from my old url!

thanks! Hv a great weekend! :)

Chinneeq said...

wah....u really keng ler!

Heart of Rachel said...

I really admire your beautiful bear collection. I love your Mummy Bear, so cool and unique. I think it's the first time I've seen one.

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Congrates to you !! :):)

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : haha ;p

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Thanks for your lovely words :)

Bobby Revell said...

Hi Janice! So you already have a spot for your new bear? LOL! That is a spectacular collection you have!!!

Mariuca said...

Hola Jan! You’ve been invited to my Award Gala! Congrats! :)

Juliana said...

Hi Janice....

How is ur weekend.

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : haha, I hope to be the lucky one to win it :):)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Thanks, will check it out :)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : I'm just back from a short trip to Malaysia. Now is coping a bad cough. Zac is also unwell. *sigh*

Mariuca said...

Janice!!! Ohhhhhhh u went to M'sia is it? Ha ha ha!!! Where la? KL?? Oh can't wait for ur post! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Sorry to hear u're unwell, I brought u some yummy mushroom chic soup with croutons, enjoy! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

Happy wednesday, jan! thanks for letting me spend a day here with yr two adorable sons!! im hving so much fun here! :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I went to 3D2N Gentings/KL.
The latter just managed to shop at Berjaya Times Square. Will post the photos soon :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Thanks for stopping over. I just reserved a FC spot over at yours. YAY :):)

Mizohican said...

Thats truly an amazing collection!!! And cute ones too!!!!

J@n!ce said...

Sandman : Thanks, they are my pride in the house now :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wow, another huge collection of collectibles after your perfumes!

J@n!ce said...

Shireen : haha, that's rite. My house is so flooded :)

Mariuca said...

Hi Jan!! I am showing B ur bear collection LOL!!

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Hi B, thanks for viewing my bear collection. hehehe ;p

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape