Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2009-08-20

My friend from Manila

I met up with the lovely Pia from Manila 2 weeks ago on her first trip to Singapore ALONE. She decided to proceed with the trip even though her friend couldn't come along with her. Luckily, she has a brother working in Singapore & stays over at his place.

I was on my way to the hair salon when I received her message via my facebook. She has been trying to contact me but I didn't get her message until her 3rd day in Singapore *sweat*

My hubby & I went to her brother's place to pick her up for dinner. We went to East Coast Park for dinner. Hubby ordered so much local dishes. Fried Carrot Cake, Fried Oyster, Fried Kuay Teow, Chicken & Pork Satay with rice dumplings, Popiah, Dessert & Drinks. Pia was having slight cough but cant resist those food. hahahaha.:D
She told me her favourite among all is Fried Carrot Cake!!

After that, we stroll along the park & then give her a City Night Tour... ...

Pia alighted at Raffles Hotel to take pic after hearing from hubby that her idol, the late Michael Jackson, stayed over at this hotel during his visit to Singapore many years ago :)

We send Pia back home around 10+pm. It was a long day for her cos she visited Sentosa during the day time .... .... alone....... such a daring gal *hugs*
JANICE NG © 2009


Thank you, my first commentator
Pia

26 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Pia said...

i had so much fun!!! oh, and i love the fried carrot cake so much! i wish i could find that here. something close to that but not quite which is also my favorite is the fried radish cake. yummy!

i thank God for meeting you and leslie there. my trip became extra meaningful because of that meeting. finally we've met!

gosh, just looking at those make me hungry. i don't have cough anymore so i could jump right in and eat those spicy delicacies.

i will definitely go back to singapore and eat those again. i love it!

thank you, janice. it was an amazing experience i will never forget... ever!

God bless you!

Mummy Moon said...

Such a nice meet up! Pia is your blogger friend ? The food look delicious..

Juliana said...

Looks fun meet a friend.

WaterLearner said...

It's always good to meet up with friends :-) Looks like a fun outing!

How's things over at your side?

Angeline said...

What a girl!
I presume she has a very strong and independent character.

Mariuca said...

Jan! I love ur pics here, did u recently cut ur hair? U look like a young school girl!! So cute! :)

Mariuca said...

So good to see u and blog buddy having a ball in Sing! Hmmmm I oso like fried carrot cake la, just had fried oysters last night lol! ;)

Mariuca said...

Hey jan, come join my MPG contest! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Pia : Our great pleasure to be able to meet up with you. I'm really glad you meet a lot of helpful Singaporeans to guide you !! Hope we could meet again very soon.... over at your plc?? hehehe ;p

J@n!ce said...

Moon : Yes, she is :)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Definitely!!

J@n!ce said...

Karen : How have you been? Miss you lah. I need to hook up with you to check on something :)

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : I think so. You should hear how she drives over at her country.... zoom... zoom... zoom !! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Yes, I cut my fringe recently. So much courage to trim it Glad that you like my new look!! Will be over yours to take a peep at the contest ;)

WaterLearner said...

About wat? Email me or sms me lor. I lost your handphone number when I changed my mobile phone a few months back.

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Yo yo yo.... An email is otw to you :)

Jackie said...

Janice this is just marvelous!! oh it looks like you all had so much fun!!

I am so glad you shared this with us. I am almost giddy like a school girl because you two look so happy!!

Awwwwww....I am just so very very happy for both of you!!

I hope you have a great weekend!!
Big big hugs,
Jackie:-))))

Amel said...

Always fun to meet up with friends and hang out and eat and talk. :-D GREAT pics!

Jean Chia said...

hi jan! i love yr new hairstyle!! so sophisticated!! :)

oh, i am so glad pia managed to contact you. looks like she had so much fun.

and it's so thoughtful of yr hubby to ordered all the local delights for pia to try. :) yummm!!

Monica said...

woot~ I like yr new look Janice! ;)
oh my everything looks so yummy!

call center Philippines said...

Nakakasuya naman ang mga beauty nila. Pwede mag maging friend

kkf said...

can't help but notice how pretty mummy janice is!!! :)

Mick said...

You are both so pretty women and best freinds i see:)))

Sam said...

Hi and congrtas for that amazing blog. I love so much your writing and family. Wish you luck:)

Apartments in Las Vegas said...

Wow you seems very good friends and i feeling that you meet very log time to each other.looking very beautiful.

sem724 said...

I have been to Manila. Nice place but very crowded. The people there are nice though. Been here in the Philippines to develop some business dealing with the Philippines Call center

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape