Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-09-12

Mid-Autumn Festival

Do you still rem last year Zac scalded his fingers while handling the sparkles after the sparks died off?
This year, I bought them LED paper lantern to ensure their safety :):)


This is the moon cake I bought for my parents. Yum Yum :)

61 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Amel said...

AWWWWWWWWWW I WANT some moon cake!!! LOVE the pics of the kids, too he he he he he...

Blur Ting said...

Oh, the kids love this, don't they? Must cherish this or they will outgrow such things very quickly.

kegler747 said...

How cute of Amos & Zac, I have a Chinese friend who celebrates mid-autumn. I love the mooncake with pine nuts ;)

Are the mooncakes from Breadtalk very good? I just buy from a Chinese bakeshop here at Manila's Chinatown.

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Its so safe to have those battery operated lantern. Zac still rems his accident & freak out :(

J@n!ce said...

Blur : Oh yes, looking at them enjoying themselves reminded me that when I'm younger, I used to carry lantern & played games at those mooncake fair my dad will purchased the coupon every year for us. Its so fun :)

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : There are a wide variety of mooncake now & even with liqour. To be frank, I've not tried the one I purchased cos I delivered it to my my immediatel . She has yet to open up & try too. LOL :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

yes, i remebered the incident, jan! poor zac.

haha, you're such a careful mom! great idea! chloe hv one led hello kitty lantern also. With music somemore. haha.

"Chung Chou Jit Fai Lok" - Happy Lantern Festival to you, zac, amos & leslie! :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Thanks. I bought a plastic teletubbies lantern for Zac a few years back with music too. Its really noisy!! So this year I decided to get them simple paper LED ones. I just cant tolerate noise in the house nowdays... ...hehehe ;)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

You know what I love about the festival? The mooncakes ... hehehe ...

^^TeReNcE^^ said...

coming sunday will be 中秋节。。

advanced 中秋节快了!! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hehe.. that's what i thought also about the music, jan! the music is too loud & sharp, rite! :)

btw, jan, you've just been tagged coz you're a mommies blogger! come quick, k! :)

Heart of Rachel said...

An LED Paper lantern ... that's cool.

I miss eating moon cake. I'm excited to check our local BreadTalk if they have moon cakes available.

J@n!ce said...

Nick : I hope I could taste some nice yummy mooncake this weekend :)

J@n!ce said...

Terrence : Enjoy your weekend with your lovely wife :)

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : If there is, you are up for some great deals since most of them will be clearing their stocks :)

Anonymous said...

happy mooncake festival to u n ur family!

J@n!ce said...

Wen : Same to you. I just brought the boys downstairs to have some fun with their lantern shortly after dinner. They had so much fun & dozed off after supper :)

Mariuca said...

I remember Janice and you were so upset then! Happy to see the boys will still get to enjoy their lanterns this year! *Hugs*

eastcoastlife said...

The kids are especially happy at this time. Can play with fire! hehe...

Mizohican said...

LED paper lanterns! lolz. What next? I'm guess the fireworks for the next Olympics game will be digitalized too. errr... wait a minute. :)

The cake looks yummmmmy!

Mariuca said...

Happy weekend Janice! Playing mahjong ke this weekend? ;)

JK said...

People can be very creative when it comes to products. Nowadays, we are buying boxes instead of moon cakes!

Bobby Revell said...

Hi Janice! When I was little, my mom caught me playing with matches and I almost set my bedroom on fire! Luckily, she caught me. She cried so much thinking something bad almost happened to me, I never did that again! I still want some mooncake!!!

Anonymous said...

wah got LED lantern 1 arr.. i am so outdated :D

Anonymous said...

wah got LED lantern 1 arr.. i am so outdated :D

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Zac remembered & has a phobia with candles/fire this year. He is happy with LED latern too :)

J@n!ce said...

ECL : LOL !! My boys are afraid of fire after what happened to Zac last year. ;p

J@n!ce said...

Sandman : LOL!! You may be right since technology is so advanced now. :D

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : We had a fruitful Sunday. Brought the boys to IKEA for lunch & then head them for the indoor playground. Amos stayed throughout the 1 hr this time. After that we head to a public pool near our house. It was so crowded!! At night, we attended a wedding dinner :)

Hehehe, no mj !!

J@n!ce said...

Jo-N : I think I get what you mean with buying boxes. Consumer chose the design of the boxes rather than the taste of the mooncake. LOL :)

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : Since young, we are caution of the danger of fire. I myself is scare of fire even till now. I rem I'm so afraid even to light the bunsen burner during chemistry class. That's so terrible :(

J@n!ce said...

Cbenc12 : haha, with blinking lights somemore to resemble a flame from the fire. ;)

Farah Deen said...

Kids look really cute. Is is yesterday that the mooncake festival starts?

J@n!ce said...

Farah : Yesterday was the actual day. A lot of happy couple chose to get married on the day. I went to attend a wedding yesterday night :)

chartao said...

i missed carrying laterns and i didn't ate a single mooncake this year!

Juliana said...

hmm...seems yummy that moon cake :D

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

wow, jan!! i saw the "check this out"! was it from christian? congrates, dearie! :))

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

btw, a notice have just been issued. you're neede for an interrogation at AGP. Please report yourself within 48 hours or you'll be arrested. :P

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

jan!! i just realized that you did not filter yr name in yr top commenter list. You need help? Let me know, k! :)

Mariuca said...

Hola Jan! Looks like u had a fun but busy weekend! Btw, you’ve been tagged, have fun! :)
Tag

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : I had a few slices recently. My SIL made them. So smart right? :)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : I've got to check with my mum cos I've not tried it !! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Yes, I need help on that part. SOS !!!!!!

That's a good deal Marzie intro to me. YAY !! :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Thanks, will check it out :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

yay!! im now your follower, jan!! hehe

oh, i've replied to yr mail at FB! :)

Mariuca said...

Hi Janice! Sorry I can't follow ur blog yet, something is wrong with my PC la, cause I can't see the link to click on here. Sigh! :(

Wah happy to see ur TC widget is finally up yay and I am on the list woo hoo!

Mariuca said...

Oh I oso bid for ur PW space, but not yet activated it seems. Cant wait to see MPG here he he! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : I just realized there is such a widget this morning. I've followed a list of pple now. LOL :D

Thanks for following mine !! :D

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I went to yours but cant see your link. However, my friend taught me to click it over at blogger from the tab "Blogs I'm following" you put the url you want to follow there :)

My PW was just approved this morning. Thanks for being my TC :)

Mariuca said...

Ohhhhhh I will try to follow ur blog this way then Jan, thanks for the tip! I did not know u can do it this way YAY! :D

Ok happily bidding away now LOL! ;)

Mariuca said...

YAY! I see MPG here now woo hoo! :D Right next to u he he! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : No probs, I just learnt it too. Thanks for the ad bid. YAY, MPG is my first advertiser :)

Mariuca said...

YAY, it worked Jan! I am now officially ur follower, thanks again for the tip! :D

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : No problem, glad that it worked for you :)

Maomie said...

Hi there, first time visiting your blog. You have a very interesting blog. I am still eating the mooncakes leftovers at home. And i do miss those times when I played with the lanterns (those lit with candles). Nowadays kids play with candles rather than lanterns. :)

J@n!ce said...

Maomie : Thanks for your visit :)

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! look at those cutie smiles! lovable!

I scalded my finger before too by those sparkles when I was very very little...and I still carry the scar with me.

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : Looks like each one of us got scalded before too. Really scaring thinking back :(

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

wah, jan! i've just realized you're in PW too! i'll bid on yr space right away! yay!! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

yay, jan! i've just outbid yr previous advertiser! hehe. see, AGP is looking so pretty here! yay!! :))

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Thanks. AGP is proudly on my PW now. YAY :D

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape