Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2009-02-03

Zac's CNY Ang Bao


Can you believe that this is the first year I gave angbao to my own boys? I didn't give to them previously cos I find it meaningless as I will have to keep it for them eventually. However, this year is different cos my boys know the importance of saving a little each day after I gave each of them a "coin bank" last year. They were so happy to receive the POOH BEAR angbao from me on the first day of CNY. Zac loves it so much that he took his colored pencil and draw a picture of the angbao that night :)

The picture on the top right is the angbao I gave to the boys. Zac drew the pic of the angbao & I thought he captured the shape of the train quite well. He told me the train should have more carriages so he added on himself. He wrote the "Xin Nian Kuai Le" & Happy New Year" himself too!! :)

This is a miracle... ...FIRST Commentator is Carlo
JANICE NG © 2009

34 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

kegler747 said...

I love his drawing :) It almost resembled the picture of the angbao... I also gave angbao last Christmas eventhough it is to be for the CNY ;) it is like a fusion tradition

Lemonjude said...

Nice drawing there...the Pooh Bear red packet is so special...

Anonymous said...

girl, never too late to start. *wink*

the words and the drawing are amazing!!!!

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : He doesn't know how to draw the pooh bear but still captured the shape of the train which I'm also surprised :)

J@n!ce said...

Judy : There is a slot whereby you can pull it in & out. However, Zac pulled too hard & it was damaged :)

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : That's rite!! Its so funny how they rushed to pass all the angbaos to me after relatives gave it to them !! :):)

Amel said...

Ohhh...it's VERY GOOD of you to make the kids save money and giving them angbao!!! ;-D

NICE drawing as well!!!

Btw, wanna join my guessing game in my movie blog? The winner will get 250 EC credits he he...

Here's the link:

A Guessing Game

LZmommy said...

Happy 牛year Janice :)

That's a very nice drawing Zac did :)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : I really cant guess who the person is. So tough !! :)

J@n!ce said...

Jane : Thanks, he kept drawing the same train & I can see he really like it a lot :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai!! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

wow, Zac is so good in drawing lar! great kid! :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Thanks. I like this pic a lot too :)

WaterLearner said...

He can draw well indeed! Happy Chinese New Year to your family!!

JK said...

Nice drawing. Happy CNY!

An Award
for you.

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Thanks dear. I have to agree that Zac's drawing has improved recently :)

J@n!ce said...

JO-N : Thanks for the butterfly award. It kinda goes along well with the butterfly theme on my blog :)

Mariuca said...

Jan, u and ur Winnie the Pooh ha ha! But seriously, the ang bao is lovely, looks so big and cute! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Dropping by to say hello, so next is Valentine's Day! Any big plans? ;)

Heart of Rachel said...

That's a terrific drawing. Zac is a budding artist.

Juliana said...

nice drawing...

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Every year I will buy cute looking angbaos for the kiddos & my nieces & nephew :)

V day still planning leh .... ;p

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Thanks, he enjoys drawing & coloring :)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : hehe, thanks :)

Blur Ting said...

Wow, he's quite an artist!
Actually I don't give my kids ang pao too. When I wanna give them, they would tell me "No need lah. We're already getting from other people."

J@n!ce said...

Blur : Your boys so understanding !! :)

eastcoastlife said...

Zac draws well. My son is hopeless at drawing. haha....

The Bimbo said...

hehe there's a first for everything isn't there? ;) So cute!

J@n!ce said...

ECL : Your son is good in cooking !! :):)

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : Yes, you are rite !! ;)

Monica said...

the pooh bear ang pow is so cute & he can draw well!

J@n!ce said...

Monica : There is helicopter version too but I gave both my boys the same to avoid dispute. LOL :)

Trinity said...

wah your must be so proud!! Zac draws it so well... hm.. two thumbs up for Zac!

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : Thanks, muackkkks :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape