Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-05-27

The growing beans... ...

I planted some green bean seeds recently to show the boys how the plant emerged from a seed.

Green bean seeds at DAY 1


DAY 2, a few seeds with buds growing out


DAY 7, the stem started to appear


DAY 8, leaves are appearing...


The boys are puzzled how fast the plants can grow from just seeds a week ago....
Zac saw me watering the plant... I told him the plant need water & sunlight for growth, just like he needs water & food everyday.
He has gladly taken over the task to do the watering and giving them sunlight everyday. haha :D

36 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

chartao said...

now i'm trying hard to recall if i do this before..haha

Leena said...

They must be thrilled to see that.

Merecil Amigo Kidder (Em) said...

Wow! that is really nice... i bet the boys like it.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I remember doing that for my younger boy a few months back. I was more excited than he was ... hehehe ...

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

i used to love planting those seeds during my primary school! love to watch them "transform" into sprouts.. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the idea.. I'll do the same way to my boy....

Anonymous said...

hey i did the same with my son last yr!

Juliana said...

I remember I did this also when I was at school :D

btw I am tagging you, You and Your children

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : I think during pri school days should have planted something like that? ;)

Blur Ting said...

it's good to get them in touch with nature through experiments like this. Well done!

J@n!ce said...

Shern's Mom : Exactly :)

J@n!ce said...

Em : Yes, they really like it & Zac kept asking me how come some grow taller faster than the rest :)

Jackie said...

Oh I am so glad the boys are feeling so much better.

You know one that we used to do is also a sweet potato.

It starts really quick. Just let one get to where it has the eyes on it and stick it in a glass of water.

It also makes really pretty blooms. We have one on our front porch now just because they make such a pretty vine.
Hugs to all,
Jackie:-))))))))))

J@n!ce said...

Nick : haha, I'm so excited too when I planted it. I'm so KS that I added in so many seeds :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : me 2 me 2... hehe ;p

J@n!ce said...

Nazri : Let me know how's your boy's reaction ;)

J@n!ce said...

Wen : I think that's the easiest way to teach the boys thru such experiment :)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Thanks, I've got to look thru all the photos to see which one to use :)

J@n!ce said...

Blur : Yes, a little science experiment can teach the boys so much things :)

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : Thanks, will try it out soon :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hehe.. those days were so fun hor! :)

Anonymous said...

I love planting beans as a child. Was planning to do it with Talia when she is a little older, maybe I should just do it tomorrow....

kegler747 said...

I remember doing this as a science project "few" years ago when I was small :) I even have to convince my teacher that sunlight is important to plants so I we have to do this in a dark room and a room with sunlight.

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Indeed. I still rem during my pri school, I'm in charge of watering a few plants in my class. I just felt so proud then. LOL :)

J@n!ce said...

Kevin : Plant it, it would be really amazing to show the kids :)

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : That's a good comparison to show the importance of sunlight. I should try one w/o sunlight to show my boys too :)

Chinneeq said...

dats the most easiest project...wonder y no one uses red beans instead? hehe

LxndreaSB said...

im teaching son to do gardening now, so that he will have green fingers like his dad. hahaha.. too advanced. we will see how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice,

The boys must be very very thrilled.. just like me when I was young too. I used to wonder and think it was a miracle ;0

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Maybe green beans are more popular among families :)

J@n!ce said...

Lxn : We have limited space at home here for gardening. I bet it will be fun to do it with the kids :)

J@n!ce said...

Hye : Precisely, this is how the kids will view it :)

LZmommy said...

I remembered my girl's grew this for her Chinese enrichment class too :)

It is a interesting to learn about plant this way :)

J@n!ce said...

Jane : Yes, the school usually will teach the kids using the green beans. Its so easy to plant & they will grow within days :)

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

wow what an experiment! hope they don't get bored when they take that up in school

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : I rem I like science lesson during my pri school days. I hope my boys will too :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape