Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-05-08

this is a miracle... ... is ONE year old & my Mother's Day present !!

I cant believe that my humble blog is ONE year old today. I started blogging on the same day last year. T0 date, I've got 286 posts, an average of 1 post per 1.5 days. Thanks to my visitor Ginger, Sparky & Crikit for reminding me :)

Also, I've got

who subscribe in as a reader. If you don't mind reading my rantings. You can submit your email address as a reader, feedburner will inform you when I've got new posts. (Scroll down midway of the side bar you can locate a feedburner subscription form)

Last night, I hinted to Zac that its Mother's Day this Sunday. I joked with him if he will be getting anything for me. This was our conversation.

Mama : Gor gor, its Mother's Day this Sunday, u'know?

Gor gor (Zac) : *surprised* Ah?

(Not too sure if his school did mentioned anything to him but he started to mumble something about flowers... ...)

Zac : Mama, I can draw flowers for you, color it & cut it out.

Mama : *shocked* WOW !! OK !! (first time he
say he want to draw a flower for me. I'm so looking forward to his art)

Zac : (Went inside room & took out 2 small pieces of paper)

Mama : Such a small piece of paper? Mama WANT a BIG FLOWER (what a greedy Mama !!)

Zac : (apparently sensing Mama's disappointment, immediately went inside room again & ask Mama to help in getting him a Drawing Paper which is high UP on the cabinet) *Shouting* Mama, can help me get the BIG Paper?

Mama : (passing paper to Zac, of course not forgetting to give one to Amos too, else the two is going to fight) There you go...

Zac immediately put his hands on the drawing. He started off with drawing a BIG flower in the middle & label it "J" (I'm feeling so good ! Btw, he knows how to spell my name) Shortly, he drew another 3 flowers and label it "Z", "A" & "L" (The letters denote his name, Amos name & papa's name!! smart boy!!) .... ...

I was surprised how come still got a last flower which he pondered for a while before writing an "S" there. Hmmmmm.... .... (Answer will be at the end of the post)

Below are shots of his kiddish flower for me. LOLxxxxx
So sweet of him to draw it for me. Its a simple drawing but it kept me smiling all night... ... Thanks darling :)
While Zac was busy with the drawing, Amos was occupied with cutting his scribbled paper I gave to him.
Oh yes, Zac signed off the drawing not forgetting to mention Amos too. Such a kind brother :)





Did you noticed a red scar on Zac's face (slightly below his left eyes). He was bullied in school on Monday by his so called "good friend". I told Zac to refrain playing with him cos this is not the first time he hurt Zac. I'm furious knowing that he scratched Zac's face this time. Apparently, the boy's parents were being invited to school bcos of this. I understand that kids will tend to injure their friend accidentally but his "good friend" is really very mischievous. He was caught slapping onto Zac's head the other day & also using a chopstick to poke his nose. I send Zac to school yesterday in the hope of meeting the boy's parents but he did not attend school. Must be scare ah? He is such a bully !! :(:(

Before I end this, the "S" that Zac wrote was referring to our helper. Zac always treat her as part of our family. Such a honey & not forgetting to give a flower to Aunty Sri too :)

GOOD JOB, Zac :)
Mama is so proud of you, love ya :)

81 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

emilayusof said...

Happy blogaversary Janice! I love Zac's drawing, very creative!

Poor Zac! Hope the scratch heals soon.

J@n!ce said...

Emila, how nice to have my great header illustrator here to congrates me the FIRST. Thanks dear :)

darlene said...

hey Girl!!...congrats on your Blog Anniversary....wow...an entire year , it does pass quickly....
What a sweet boy!!...to make that for you....something to keep forever..=)

J@n!ce said...

Darlene : That's right, time passed so quickly. Yes. I'm going to put it up on my wall so that I could feel his sweetness everyday :)

The Bimbo said...

Happy Blog Birthday Janice!!! You've grown so much in the past yr isn't it?

I hope Zac's face is much better now... :)

WaterLearner said...

Happy Birthday to It's a Miracle! And May your Mother's Day be extra sweet and lovely.

bokjae said...

Congrats J@nice! Remembered about a year ago and not long after you started blogging you mentioned about giving up! glad that you persevere or else we'll lost one popular and friendly blogger! Keep up the good work in blogging and parenting!

kegler747 said...

Congratulations on your very successful blog Janice! My blog will also turn 1 year on June 4... Congratulations also for having 2 sweet boys who are definitely raised by a very good parents. Advance Happy Mothers Day!

chartao said...

Wah... one year anniversary already!!!

so sweet of Zac and Amos for drawing the flowers for you!

Wish you Happy Mother's Day yet again!! :D

Mommy Lose Weight said...

aww~~~ so sweet of your boys! you must be happy as you hv double celebrations to celebrate!

Happy anniversay and Happy Mother's Day to u!

Blur Ting said...

Aw, your kids are so sweet! Zac can draw so well!

Bullying in school, unfortunately, can be hard to prevent at this age when they are still young. Of course, disciplining helps alot. When my kids were young, there was a little girl who loved to bite her friends very hard. It pained my heart to see YK being bitten.

Then there was an accident where SK's friend accidentally poked a pencil just above SK's eye. The lead ink became embedded under his skin. I brought him to KK hospital but the doctor said to leave it alone. Till today, the traces of lead is still visible under the skin.

Anonymous said...

lovely drawing! he can draw and coloring is good too! being bullied by classmate is what i hate the most. Ian was teased and pushed by a classmate! i got pissed off..

u hv such a nice kakak!

J@n!ce said...

Bobo: Zac gets irritated with it and tend to scratch it till bleed. I told him to stop doing it or else there will be a permanent scar :(

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Woman, my blog is "this is a miracle...." not "Its a miracle" leh.... hahaha :D

LZmommy said...

Hi Janice
Happy Anniversary to your blog :) Love reading your posts. Keep it coming! :)

Awwwww.... THat's so sweet of Zac! Beautiful drawing and the little heart is is cute! Home-made gifts or bought by our little ones are always the best!

HUGS for Zac! You are right to ask Zac to stay away from him. Did you talk to his teacher abt it? The last time it happen to my girl, I spoke to the teacher and it never happen again. The teacher talked to the boy's dad and he has been behaving since then. If not the teacher should separate them...

J@n!ce said...

Bokjae : Yes, blogging does take up much time too. I'm blogging lesser now to spend more time with the kids :)

Trinity said...

Happy blogaversary Janice!! Happy mother's day as well.. zac's spontaneous draw for mother's day is cute!!!

Hope Zac wasn't bullied again ever!

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : You're back !! Thanks, you start to blog around the same time as me :)

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : Yups... you are 3rd year aledy. I've got a lot more to catch up. ;)

J@n!ce said...

Ling : Yes, double joy....how great isn't it? :)

J@n!ce said...

Jane : The teacher & the boy's parents did not appear in school yesterday. I hope she will do something with the boy. You are right about separating the 2 boys. They had been in the same class since nursery :)

J@n!ce said...

Blur : Sigh... it really heart ache to see the boys getting hurt like that. We are also helpless cos the kids this age are also innocently unaware of the dangers. Poor SK, I bet it pains you everytime u see the stain on his face *huggssss*

J@n!ce said...

Wendy : haha, thanks for explaining the malay word to me. You can only chat with me in Mandarin & English. :)

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : I hope he will not get bullied by the same boy again, else... I will really storm to school. It had reached my limit :(

Bobby Revell said...

Happy mother's day and happy one year blogging...YAY!!!! In America, bullies get in trouble with the police and often expelled from school for a year - it's considered an act of terrorism!

I hope that kid leaves Zac alone. I'm so proud of you for blogging a full year. It really is a lot of work, but is so much fun and fulfilling. Have a great day Janice!!!

Adrian said...

Janice! Happy Anniversay to you!! Time sure flies doesn't it! After reading your article I remembered that I started blogging in May too and guess what it was on May 4 last year so I actually forgot my anniversary!!

Cheers to you and happy Mother's Day to you this Weekend! :)

Mariuca said...

Aiyo! What are u gonna do abt this big bad bully Janice? Poor Zach, hopefully can solve this problem before a serious injury occurs yeah?

Happy anniversary to This is a Miracle! It's been a great year with u Janice and wow...286 posts!! Shy la like this he he... :):):)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Happy Anniversary Janice. Here's looking to many more blog anniversaries from you :D

And Zac looks like an artist in the making ...

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

Happy Anniversary, This is a Miracle! Happy Blogaversary to you, Jan! It's been a wonderful one year knowing you, Jan! Hope our friendship will continue to bloom! :)

Oh, Zac is so sweet! I love the last photo of the two brothers. Such a loving photo! :)

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : Thanks, its still not so serious to expel the kids over here. Some more they are only pre school level. A stern warning is given only. I rem in my sec school, there was a boy who was very mischievous, he got a public caning from the disciplinary master... 3 strokes of cane. Its really shameful cos the whole school witnessed it :(

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : I nearly forgot if not for my visitor who reminded me. Wow, we started blogging around the same time. How coincident :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Dun feel shy, I'm starting to post lesser nowdays. ;p

J@n!ce said...

Nick : I'm surprised with his drawing actually. He used to just scribble on the paper ;p

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Its been nice knowing you during this one year too. I like that photo too ;)

Jackie said...

Hey there,
Congrats on your anniversary and also Happy Mother's day to you!!

Thank you so much for sharing in my joy at my Mother's day present from God. LOLZ....I am still in tears this morning!!

And Zac did a fabulous job. Those are the kind of presents that you tuck away somewhere safely and then bring them out years later when your children are grown and on their own!!

Hugs&Love:-)

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : Absolutely, can you believe that those art work that he did in his playgroup & nursery. I still neatly kept them inside a file. ;)

Jackie said...

Thank you so much Janice for sharing in our family's blessing!!
Much love my friend,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice,
Happy Birthday to It's a Miracle! Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Kat

Health Freak Mommy said...

Happy anniversary to your blog and happy mother's day to you!

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : You are welcome. May you spend blissful family times together :)

J@n!ce said...

Kathy : So nice to see you back here. Thank you for your blessing :)

J@n!ce said...

Shireen : Thanks, same to you too :)

Mariuca said...

Hola Jan! You've been tagged! Have fun and have a great weekend. :)
http://mariuca.blogspot.com/2008/05/stumble-upon-meme.html

JK said...

Janice, Zac is so sweet and you must be very proud of him. Happy anniversary and happy mother's day.

Unknown said...

Awwww. Zac's so sweet! Let's hope my ZACH grows up to be so sweet too! But for now, he's been a real honey too. You can't get angry for him for long (actually I think all kids are like that) Haha.

Yes! Double celebration this year! Zach's turning 2 and Mother's Day! :)

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY JANICE!

J@n!ce said...

J0-N : Thanks, enjoy ur weekend & Mother's Day :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : ok, will check it out. You feeling better?

J@n!ce said...

kexin : Happy Mother's DAY to you & Happy 2nd Birthday your Master Zachery :)

Juliana said...

happy blogversary and happy mother's day, Janice.

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Happy Mother's Day to you too :)

Chinneeq said...

Janice, congrats to you and happy mothers day too!

Jamy said...

So cute and lovely ah the drawing ...!!

COngra to u Janice for 1 yr blog anniversary. Thats so cool with 200+ post in a year!!

Any tips to tell me how can u get at least 20+ each post alto its just short post? Im so impressed!

My flower sales not bad. Its out of my expectation. I do it till late night since monday and even tonight. People like to buy things for special occassion in last min. So I hav to rush for them. HEhe!

I found this year Mother's Day more special than other years that I had. Its so much meaningful. I will tell you soon in my post next week after finishing the orders for mother's day.

HAPPY LOVELY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

AMOS & ZAC, MUST SAYANG MAMA MOREEEE!

Amel said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY for your blog. WOW, you've got SO MANY readers!!! ;-D

And your sons are SO CUTE!!!! Zac even remembers your helper? AWWWWW...he's a treasure! ;-D

And sorry to hear about the bullying. I do hope that the kid stops doing that!!!!!!

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Thanks, sama sama :)

Themuxicbox said...

Cute drawings! My mum also called me to hint not so secretly that its Mother's Day soon.

J@n!ce said...

Jamy : Nice knowing that you are doing well with your little creative talents there. I should check with my readers on the qns you ask. Maybe they like to head over to check on my boys? Have a good weekend :)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : YAY, Amel is here...thanks to you for being part of my reader too.

Oh yes, Zac is such a honey & hope the bully will refrain from disturbing my boys ever again :(

J@n!ce said...

Jeslyn : How's your eyes now? Hope it heal in time to celebrate Mother's Day? Take care :)

LadyJava said...

Happy Blogversary Janice! and Happy Mother's Day too!!!

Such sweet boys you have.. so nice and so thoughtful lah..to even include your maid..

You must be proud!

J@n!ce said...

LJ : I am smiling from ear to ear... haha :)

FL Sam said...

Happy Blogversary & Mother Day. You have two lovely kids who are so cute and thoughtful. :)

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Jan, Happy Mother's Day to you!

You must be very proud of your sons. What a nice drawing! You must be having the top-of-the world feeling. Hmm...maybe i could also hint my son...but i don't know whether he will get the hint as he is still young. haha.

Have a GREAT Mother's Day weekend! Cheers!

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : Thanks. Have a good weekend & Happy Mother's Day to your wifey :)

J@n!ce said...

MT : haha, Amos is also too young to understand now I think. Have a good weekend :)

Shemah said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Janice!! I love what you made for breakfast!! :) I guess I should try it sometime. The last time I made a smiley face out of his omelette, he freaked out big time, though! LOL!

and happy belated Blogversary!! Keep up the good work both parenting and blogging! Hugs to the boys..

Love from,
Me, Buddy and Baby Allie! :)

Lee said...

Hi Janice, happy mother's day. Nice blog you have and congratulations on arriving the first year milestone. Wish you many more to come.
By the way, why not get your Zac to take yo Chinese martial arts? Good exercise as well....well, you know.
Stay easy and have a beautiful Sunday, Janice, Lee.

Juliana said...

Hi Janice,

I need your help to Vote for me ^__^. Hope you have time for that. Thank you very much.

Happy Mother's day

Anonymous said...

Happy blogaversary Janice!

Mariuca said...

Hola Miracle Mom, Happy Mother's Day to you! Did u do anything special with the boys?

I also have a tag for you, have fun! :)

http://mariuca.blogspot.com/

^^TeReNcE^^ said...

happy mothers' day!!

but everyday is mothers' day too! :)

J@n!ce said...

Shemah : Hope you had an enjoyable weekend? How cool to have your whole family here :)

Thanks for your encouragement !!

J@n!ce said...

Lee : We'll most like let Zac take up Takewando when he is older. ;p

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : I've voted, I bet you'll gonna win now with 25% of the votes :)

J@n!ce said...

Nyumix : Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : We had celebration over at my mum's house yesterday. It was fun cos we had pot luck ;)

Will check on you now :)

J@n!ce said...

Terrence : haha, thanks :)

LxndreaSB said...

hi janice.
nice blog u have here.
have anniversary though.
and about the kid who scratched zac's face, maybe it was an accident or something. he should be rectified instead.
i mean if he was my son i would not want his friends to not be friends with him anymore.
actually i pity that boy. maybe there are issues in his house and to disturb other people is the only way to get attention.

cheers!

J@n!ce said...

Lxndreasb : Thanks for your visit. You may be right, if its really the case, I pity him too !!

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Janice. I miss you. Pardon my absence, I've been very busy lately because my parents are here for a vacation. I love spending my time with them.

I would like to greet you a belated Happy Mother's Day and Happy Blogversary. It's be great to celebrate two wonderful and special occasions.

That's a beautiful drawing by Zac. He draws very well and very neatly too. I love the colors he chose and it's very sweet of him to put Amos name on it too.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to Zac. Kids can play rough at times. I really hope that the teachers will give extra attention to Zac and his friend to avoid further instances. Kisses to the kids.

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Awwww, thanks for your long words here. Its so nice to have your parents to visit you. You should spend time with them. So kind of your mummy to get you a bag for Mother's Day too. I like the look of it.

I was surprised with Zac's creative drawing there too cos he usually only scribble here & there.

I can see he doted on Amos although at times they may be seen fighting fiercely over toys.

His scar has since faded. However, he is unwell now. Down with fever, cough & running nose & had been missing school for a couple of days now. I hate to see him sick cos he is already so thin, the sickness just make him look thinner now.... *sob*

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

it melts our hearts to be receiving a little something that our children do...better than buying expensive gifts.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape