Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-07-23

Durian, I still cannot accept you

My hub & I love eating durian. The last time I had durian was during my 3rd trimester when having Amos. People are telling me that I could try eating some durian ( good source of protein), the baby will be chubby looking. Anyway, durian is one of my fav fruit & it is a good excuse to eat it during those times.... YuMmy YuMmy.....

All along, Zac is quite fussy about his choice of food. Besides not wanting to drink milk (read post here), durian is also one of his enemy. My hub bought 3 durian for S$20 the other day, Zac politely ask to try some. I was surprised by his request. I thought maybe his taste bud had changed over the years. But after a few bites, I think he still cannot accept the fruit. Look at his expression..... LOL :)



39 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

FL Sam said...

LOl. 1st to comment. Durian, you either like it or dislike it.

I love it too but has cut down and now hardly eat now.

IN Singapore you can get good quality durians as most good durians head down south as Singaporean pay better prices for it. :)

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : I just posted this not too long, thanks for the first to comment here. So in Singapore we are actually paying more bcos of the transportation cost....haiz :~(

Mariuca said...

I'm ok with durian, if it's there I'll eat it, if not, it's ok too! Hubbs loves durian more than me but the funny thing is my MIL thinks I'm the durian lover when it's actually hubbs! ;)

Crazed Nitwit said...

I'll stick to my yummy cheeries, thank you. Just stopping by to give my buddy a big hug. BIG HUGS.

I had never hurt of this durian but I don't think American would take to it very well.

:D

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Your MIL so funny, she duno its her son who likes to eat durain.... LOL. I'm just like you, if its there, I will eat, hardly purposely go around to eat them :D

J@n!ce said...

Janice sis : Thanks for hopping over to give that BIG HUG. So much LOVE in here. *hug* :) :)
You are right, I don't think americans can take it well. They will find it very 'smelly'. I think cherries are so much healthier, so good choice for you :)

Anonymous said...

Doctor: Have you been keeping up with your folic acid?

J@n!ce: I had plenty of durians!!!

But your son's expression is darn cute. Hahahaha...

Anonymous said...

I want Durian! umm weird, I have not seen any hawker selling at the roadside yet here in Kuching, Sarawak :) Myabe not yet maybe will not this month :) wink wink

節約ママ said...

I never eaten Durian before.... I wonder how it tastes like. I might try it one day.

J@n!ce said...

Ed : LOL !! I only took durain on 2 occasions during my whole pregnancy only lah. I din actually eat a lot cos it is very heaty.
His expression really makes me laugh too. He has to close his eyes to swallow that 3rd bite... LOL

J@n!ce said...

Netster : There is a stall here at our house there seem to have durains throught the year leh. I wonder where they keep the stock. I thought durain got season de? :)

J@n!ce said...

Hipmommy : For those who likes it, its heavenly. For those who cant accept the fruit. Their expression will be the same like my elder son, Zac :)

Sam Chan said...

Durian is also fruit - so it is not my favorite! So I can save some money during the Durian Fest :-)

Well, even though many Asian people love to eat, nobody like the after smell in the car or garbage dump - am I right? It is so difficult to get rid of the smell.

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

i love durian, but seldom eat. the best durian here can be found down south, and when it gets to our area, gosh too pricey!

i guess every kid hate the smell of durian...my kids hate it a lot and they get really mad when they smell one

Anonymous said...

Oh, hilarious pictures! At least he is trying it, though. I've never tried it. Now I'm curious.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

My wife loves durians. I'm pretty okay with it, just lilike what Marzie said, if it's there, I'll eat it, if not, no probs with me. I'm sure if my wife checks your blog, she's gonna want some durians ... LOL!

The Bimbo said...

Durian!!! Yummy but fattening... :P

J@n!ce said...

Sam Chan : You are rite, the smell from the durian will be a problem if left in the car or in the fridge. Not forgetting the smell when you burp.... LOL :)

Girlie :So durian is also costly at your plc. I think kids are alike when come to durian. However, I've got a nephew who loves durian :)

J@n!ce said...

Blogrrl : Nice to see your here. You may want to try one if you gets to visit places that has this tropical fruit :)

Nick : You so 'sayang' your wife, must be always thinking of where to get nice durian for her.... :)

Bobo : Yes, I'm full of guilt after eating & have to down those green tea to 'wash away' LOL :)

Adrian said...

Janice, coincidently my sister brought some durian over to our place on Sunday! They were really yummy! We tried to give some to our little one but after smelling it she just wouldn't even try it LOL have to wait a little more for her to taste it I suppose! :)

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : LOL !! Yes, I think we need to give time a little more time for them to adapt to the fruit. :)

RW said...

haha poor little guy! Great photos Janice ;D

J@n!ce said...

Roger : Nice to see your here again. Zac is really funny with that pose of his ;p

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : I will see what I could do with the tag. Got 2 on hand now & haven't got time to do. Thanks for the tagging.... ;)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Ooooo,i love durian too!

J@n!ce said...

Shireen : Welcome to the 'liew lian' lover community :)

Franco said...

Hi Janice,

Thanks for stopping by at my blog, www.francoyong.com. Yes..I love durians. In fact, I bought some and eat part of them yesterday. The rest is stinking my fridge!! I guessed you must hail from Singapore. Next time you're going to be in KL, let me know and I'll introduce to the best durians in KL from a very honest seller.

Bye

Franco

J@n!ce said...

Franco : I prefer warm durian. Yes, durian will stink the fridge. The smell will be there for weeks :(
Looks like you are really a regular durian eater to have known good seller.... LOL.

Sure no problem, will give you a ping if heading there :)

Anonymous said...

Hi J---durian is quite the funky fruit by smell. I haven't tasted it yet, but (smile) I have smelled it, which is why I haven't tasted it yet (laugh)!

J@n!ce said...

TNP : LOL.... I think Americans cant really take the fruit. But at least it is a *smile* from you.... :) :)

Adrian said...

Janice! Guess what? We had more durian last night and gave the little one some again? She loved it and asked for more LOL I have some pictures (I'll post them soon) of her eating it and you can see from it that she really enjoyed it! I'm so happy! :) LOL

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : LOL !! Your princess could take the fruit now.... that's really something happy to know. I will hop over to take a look at the photo :)

Anonymous said...

That face is priceless! That is too funny! That is so cute! I hope your little guys are feeling better, i just read the post about Zac getting sick! Bummer! Hope this finds you well!

Anonymous said...

so you also have durian there in SIngapore. We have here in the Philippines but i have not tried it though. They said it smells yucky but tase oh so good.. haha i just smiled at your sons face eating the durian

Anonymous said...

oops gotta leave my url its:

J@n!ce said...

Barrett : haha, it is always good to have the camera so handy that we could carry it anywhere & snap ...snap... LOL :)
He is indeed better bow. Thanks :)

Jenny : Looks like Filipino cant take durian too huh? Yes, you are right, the smell will be yurky if you cant stand it. Opps.... still didn't get to have your url... LOL ;)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, what a cute expression! I think as he grows up, he will learn to like it. My niece took about 16 years I think. :)

My kids can't even stand the smell of it.

J@n!ce said...

Judy : I duno how long will it take for my 2 boys to accept the durian that mummy & daddy love :)

J@n!ce said...

Diana : Its actually a very nice fruit but many eurasian cant take the fruit too well. Yes, if you are given a chance, you should actually try it :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape