Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-07-29

EXpensive Feast FOR YOU

Since having the 2 boys, having a relax, reasonably priced & WARM food are way too difficult. I have to gobble down my food without even have the chance to appreciate the fine crusine. Often, we will end up having meals at restaurants, not bcos we are rich & choose to dine there. It is bcos of the difficulty to locate seats & baby chair (for Amos) at the food courts, even with seats, Zac just cant sit still for long there !! I think my mommy & daddy readers will be able to apprehend my sentence.

Marzie tagged me on this food meme. This is a hard tag for me to do.

The last time I really enjoyed my meal was at Jack's Place. Please take your time to read that post if you haven't bcos I hardly have such PEACE.... LOL :)

Today, I would like to 'share' with you some of the expensive food in Singapore. 'Share' bcos I have not tried them myself..... hehehe ;p


I read this article from 'The Straits Times': 5 things money can buy. Click to enlarge the picture

1) PenCai S$5000 for a pot which serves 10 - The most expensive shark's fin I have eaten so far cost S$100 per person. But this pot looks really yummy with so much goody tonic inside. This dish is only served on Chinese New Year though.

2) Louis Roederer Cristal Champagne Mooncakes S$888 for a box of eight - I don't really like mooncake, this mooncake with champagne makes it worst with that price tag !!

3) Otoro Sashimi from S$65 for 4 slices - The only raw food I dare to eat is salmon.

4) Smoked Salmon with Osetra Cavier S$150 with a 50g - I love salmon, I really have to chew slowly every bits of it !!

5) Heavenly Pie S$60 for one serving - I hope the pie is what the name suggest..... HEAVENLY !! But for one serving is really expensive for heaven's sake.... ;)

Now, would you try the 5 EXPENSIVE dishes?

According to the rules of this meme, I'm to list others who have done this list and tag some other friends for this meme, before listing my own name (see below). Here are my picks for this yummy meme: Judy, Jesse, , Elaine, Kevin, BokJae

Nicole (Sydney, Australia) velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)Olivia (London, England)ML (Utah, USA)Lotus (Toronto, Canada)tanabata (Saitama, Japan)Andi (Dallas[ish], Texas, United States)Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)miss kendra (los angeles,california, u.s.a)Jiggs Casey (Berkeley, CA, USA)Tits McGee (New England, USA)Joe (NE Tennessee, USA)10K Monkeys (Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA)Big Stupid Tommy (Athens, Tennessee, USA)Newscoma (Weakley County, Tennessee, USA)Russ McBee (Knoxville, Tennessee, USA)Atomictumor Mrs Eaves (Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA)Really? LissaKay (Oak Ridge, TN, USA)Mark Steel (Knoxville, TN, USA)Fracas (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada)Sugar Queen’s Dream( Palm Coast, Florida,USA)Christy’s Coffee Break (Ontario, Canada)Ordinary Folk (Nowheresville, NY) Mariuca (Malaysia)Janice Ng-This is a miracle... (Singapore)

22 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Mariuca said...

Hey Janice! I see the post now LOL ;)

I like mooncake but my fav is the pandan flavour one.. I don like the one with the "egg" thingy inside!! ;(

S100 per person for the shark's fin soup? So damn expensive la woman! Need to be a millionaire first before can afford eating there I guess ;)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I dun take the egg yolk too. I prefer crispy yam mooncake :)

The S$100 sharks fin soup was the one I had but the meal was sponsered. The one in the article is S$5000 per pot for 10 pple. That will be S$500 per pax. It is 5 times that of mine. I cant afford that lah!! If I have extra S$5000 I would rather save it for the boys :D :D

NafaSg said...

Janice, the food make my tummy grumbling, but they are rather expensive huh? Especially the shark's fin soup!!! I must be a directorate to afford that.

J@n!ce said...

Nafa : The food sure looks yummy, no wonder you tummy is all so noisy...LOL :)
Lady Nafa looks really talented. I bet you will have your day to the director seat :D
Don't forget me then.....;p

NafaSg said...

Aww...so sweet of u Janice! But er...if the male Nafa hears this he'll be utterly envious. Hehe! ;p

But no worries, if that happens i will never forget u! I will give u an expensive shark's fin soup treat. I'll treat your boys also! =)

Anonymous said...

Janice, wah, these kind of dishes, I think if you pay for me to have them, I also don't know how to swallow. Therefore the Hokkien phrase, 'kum kim'. :) Thanks for sharing.....full already!

I think I still prefer the MR$150 a chinese tea cup of shark's fin soup I tried at Marco Polo, KL. I got to taste it because my dad's friend treated us to dinner there! :)

Thanks for tagging me.....ok, I will do it soon....sometime....hehe.

Trix said...

I see Janice and I am gonna Catch You up.. :) Wonderful post my lady, very well executed !! like I said to Marzie, if I get tagged for this meme, I will have to take some photos of the dishes I prepare myself..I never go to local places anymore ! Sigh, Janice, I will do this one, but you have to wait in line, I still owe Marzie, and Mike and a few other people some tags, lol..I am a very slow BLOGGER !!

Mariuca said...

Hello Jesse u slow blogger you! LOL, take ur time with my tag Jesse!

Janice, I'd never spend S5000 on a meal! Imagine what I can do to my perfume collection instead with that amount! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Marzie tagged me on this one too! This is kinda difficult! You are too funny! Yikes, you poor thing. You need to get a sitter and have the hubby take you out on the town! You deserve it!

Sam Chan said...

Hey Janice... your recommendations can see but cannot eat! Many will come out broke in such restaurants! A person might be smiling in but feel very sad when come out of these restaurants!

It is really like eating one own flesh :-)

Joking... Thanks for the post!
Best Wishes

J@n!ce said...

Lady Nafa : How sweet of you even to treat my 2 boys. Thanks dear :)

Jesse : Hey you slow blogger... your lousy isp adds on to your 'slowness' .... LOL :)
No worries, I will wait for my turn. Actually, I skipped Marzie's tag to do the Mummy meme first bcos this food tag is tough for me. Luckily the local newspaper gives me an idea to execute it well :D
I'm looking forward to your yummy food.... :) ~~~

Marzie : Let's forgive Jesse cos her isp is really giving her problem at times... S$5000 on perfume sounded like a terrific idea. It could really make your house scented for centuries :D

J@n!ce said...

Barrett : This is really tough & you think so too...Looks like you will have to post yours over at the new domain with the shoutbox. I just cant wait for the latter to be installed. Thanks for saying that I deserve the treats :)

Sam : It takes a millionaire to eat those dishes & not walk out 'eating his own flesh'... LOL :)

J@n!ce said...

Judy : You are right, it sure seems like 'kum kim' ... I cant get to swallow too. I will wait for your post :) :)

Mariuca said...

Janice, when I'm rich, watch me have a real perfume gallery in my home! LOL :) :)

K Jess, you're forgiven! :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : No need to wait till you are rich, just buying a few will soon grow that gallery of yours over time... hehehe ;p
I cant wait to see what are the new ones that B is buying from LA for you.... :) :)

MakeTraffic said...

I can understand what you mean about the baby chair. Basically for me no baby chair means not eating there,simple.It is quite a feat now to eat in peace with my son. He will pull everything, i mean EVERYTHING in front of him so that means, i have to choose a big table everytime we eat out and position our food far away from him. lol. Life as a parent...

FL Sam said...

So expensive, I have no chance to eat lor. Can read about it only till I become multi millionaires one day.

Maybe in my dream I will be eating it. :)

Trix said...

Thanks for all the forgiveness, girls, and also all the support ! I adore you all . :) I see you also have a sweet poem done for you in your new post,Janice, how adorable. Lucky girl, you. But you deserve all the best of luck as you are a wonderful person! Keep it up,and lovies to your Boys ! hugs from jesse

J@n!ce said...

MakeTraffic : Your boy is also giving you loads of headache over the dining table huh... wah, you chose such a BIG table just to avoid him pulling down all the things? LOL :)
Wait till you have your next one. It is gg to be a battlefield.... hehehe ;p

Uncle Sam : Ya loh.... although I have the "lambo"... I also dun feel like spend so much on the food :)

Jesse : You are right ! I am indeed very fortunate to have met wonderful pple on this blogging journey :)

Mariuca said...

Hi Jan, I've added ur link to this post on my blog! :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I get what you mean now. You are refering to the link on the meme itself. Thanks dear, so thoughtful of you :)

Nicole said...

Firstly thanks for doing the tag...Hope you enjoyed it......will be putting you on the update list...if you know of anyone else doing the tag feel free to message me and I’ll add them on the updated list

Ok I think the shark fin soup at Pen Cai definitely will blow my eating budget way way off...but i don’t mind trying once i find someone to pay!! And otoro sashimi? Sounds like a very yummy expensive sashimi!!!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape