Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-07-24

Mama, I'm so cold ...

Yesterday, the nursery teacher at PCF complained to my helper that Zac cried throughout the 2 hr class. We were surprised bcos he was still running & playing around the house prior to school. Helper suspect he was unwell, true enough..... Zac's body started to get warmer & he was shivering. I put on socks for him.

High fever has gotten him, only less than 2 weeks after Amos had his attack too. With 2 kids at home, difficult to isolate the other from the victim.... sigh !!
This morning the fever shot up to 39.6 degree. Doctor gave Zac a 'bullet' at his butt. The 'bullet' is usually used at the last resort if the fever is really HIGH (exceed 39 degree) due to its side effects. Doc said Zac has a throat infection which triggers the fever. Zac felt better 1/2 hour later, he started to sweat & felt hungry. Requested to take shower & eat bean curd & bread.... LOL. It is a good sign if the kid is able to eat, they are on the road to recovery. However, I will still prepare myself as the fever is usually 'roller coaster-ing' , it gets worst in the night ......

30 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Anonymous said...

Hope Zac gets well soon.
It is such an agony to see children sick. We hope we can take their place. But they will emerge stronger...part of growing up, says my dad.

Mariuca said...

Hi Jan, don worry. You've done all you can for Zac's fever and it's showing signs of going away. You're a terrific mom remember, and that helps! :)

J@n!ce said...

maketraffic : What you said is very true. Really painful to see them unwell & hope we could take their place. Recovering from sickness is part of growing up, your daddy is correct !! :)

Thanks for arriving here the FIRST ...
Your kind words makes me feel so much better :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : He is really getting better from what I can see now.... he is just sitting beside me doing his drawings... LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Janice: You are most welcome. I know how it feels. I am a daddy too.

Anonymous said...

Great to know ur son is getting better now! Take care, mama! :P

J@n!ce said...

Maketraffic : It din occur to me that you are a daddy too...I am happy to know that now. So next time you can share with me your experiences too. How old is your little one? :)

MW : I am glad that he is fine too. We are really helpless when the kid is sick & we cant nurse him back to his usual self. That is the most painful part. Thanks for your concern :)

Anonymous said...

He is younger than Amos. Really tiring as a 1st time dad. But when i see him smile and my heart just melts away...

J@n!ce said...

Maketraffic : It is always a joy to see the little one smile. All your unhappiness will just vanish with it.....:)

Bobby Revell said...

I had to come give Zac a lollipop! You are great mom and those boys have all they need:):):)

J@n!ce said...

uncle bobby : thanks for the lollipop... mama say I still cant eat yet, can only do so when better. I am having fever again. now whole body uncomfy... *sob* *sob*

Anonymous said...

hi hi! oh dear i remember when my girl got the throat infection and her fever was really high too! sked me only! ya but the "bullet" really does work! hahahaha...

J@n!ce said...

LaundryAmah : Its all part of growing up. My mum used to tell me, no sick, no grow up.... LOL :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Janice! I'm so sorry to hear that your boys haven't been feeling well lately.

I hope that Zac will get well soon.

Unknown said...

Amos should be fine after the "Bullet". When children fall sick, as parents, we are surely very concern but you are a top mama and he is in good hand. Hope he will get well asap. :)

JuZ JZin said...

Heya

Howz ur little darlings?! Hope they are getting better! We are await the good news!

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

hope Zac gets well soon...i don't like the idea of kids getting sick, i normally panic

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

im glad to hear that he's getting better! :)

Anonymous said...

Peace and howdy?? Hope your son getting well 100% now and can make you sick of answering his questions then :D

Anyway fever is good for human body, it's a process of release toxic from our body, so that's good for your son now. And every pain has its own wisdom :)

Have a nice days ahead .......

Crazed Nitwit said...

This is the problem of having more than one child~they pass germs back and forth.

Just saying hello sister friend! :D

lifejournalist said...

janice, i hope your lovely kids get well soon.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Here's to Zac getting better soon ...

J@n!ce said...

I would like to say THANK YOU to all of you for showing your concern here. I woke up this morning with so many kind comments. I really appreciate it :)

Rachel : Weather is getting cooler nowdays & my helper is also sick, that is why it is difficult to isolate the boy *sob*. Thanks for your concern & glad to see your here again. Give me a BIG hug to little Yohan :)

Uncle Sam : Yes, the 'bullet' is really effective. Thank you for the 'Top Momma', feeling really pressurising now. LOL :)

Jzin : Yesterday nite Zac's fever went HIGH again. So I rest early with him. But soon after, he became active when the fever went down... kids are really adorable huh. He refused to sleep till 10+ & kept on talking & talking on the bed....he even sing song & ask me to sleep instead.... LOL :)

Sam Chan said...

Janice...Keep it up! You are doing a great job as a loving mother. This is time for you to build even stronger relationship with your children.

May your children have speedy recovery.

Best Wishes

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : Neither do I, I freak out when seeing them sick. Hope I could replace & suffer for ... sigh !!

Jean : Thank You, he is better this morning but yesterday nite his fever was HIGH (40.3 degree)again.

Forumer : I guess you are right that fever is a way to signal that your body is fighting against the virus. Thank You :)

J@n!ce said...

Janice NW : That is the problem with more than one kid at home. I think you are more experience than me in handling such a scenerio. Thanks sis :)

Angel : Zac is better this morning, thanks :)

Nick : Thanks for the warm regards, he is slightly better now :)

J@n!ce said...

Sam Chan : Thanks for the best wishes. When the kid is sick, they will only LOOK FOR MAMA... for comfort...LOL :)

eastcoastlife said...

Ooo... fever quite high.

eastcoastlife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J@n!ce said...

ECL : ya loh, very high.... sob :(

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape