Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-07-31

Joy in the eyes of the child


Amos : (getting really excited) "Yeah !! I'm going to school with kor kor (refering to Zac) !!"

Mama : "Darling, today is Sunday, no class for kor kor"

We went to Bedok Market to buy our weekly supply of fish. Zac saw the electronic cars & eager to take a spin.
Zac : (waving his hands) "Mama, Didi (refering to Amos) ... I'm here !!"

Amos looking really envious of Zac & finally, cannot control himself & burst into tears. He wanted to sit on the car too but apparently they are too tough for him to handle.

Suddenly, I turned around & saw this little police bike that caught my attention. Looks just perfect for Amos. The bike is really miniature, you can compare it to the telephone booth beside it. Let us welcome the 'youngest police biker". It cost only S$0.20 for about 1 or 2 mins. But the joy in the eyes of the child are words cannot be described... :)


At least, managed to stop those tears from him ..... .....


Suddenly,
Amos : "Mama, cat cat....cat...cat !!"
Mama : Where?......


Sharp pair of eyes.... there is indeed a lonesome cat...!!
Pondering :
Kids tend to get distracted easily.
Is there something that your child wanted badly but yet to receive?

43 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

eastcoastlife said...

awww..... Look at Amos! He is so envious of his korkor's fun ride! But good for him, he had his fun too! :)

Kids of different age groups have different wants and needs. My son used to be contened with watching cartoons and a 50-cent ice-cream. Now it's PS3 and Swensen's!

RW said...

Those are great photo's Janice! I wish I was a kid again no worries ...unless your older brother is riding a cooler toy! :D

Mariuca said...

Janice, ur such a great mummy, always thinking of ways to please BOTH boys! HUGS for u and the 2 cuties :) Amos looks happy! You think he'll be afraid of Benji if he sees my cutie cat? ;)

J@n!ce said...

ECL : You are right, their wishlist varies as they grow older. Your boy sure has his way of getting things done knowing that you dotted on him :)

Roger : Yes, how I wish I am a kid again too. Nothing to worries.. everything is milk, food & fun & toys...LOL :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Something really no choice, to stop the crying got to give in to them. Amos is very strong, once he cries & struggles, I cant even hold him tightly... LOL
I think he will love Benji. There are many doggie around our house here & they are really huge. So I think Benji is no problem to him. I have to hide behind Amos then....Wahahaha :D

emilayusof said...

Oh Janice! How true! Their eyes will shine like the moon, the stars, the sun when they are happy! Seeing those happy eyes make our heart melts and you will feel like you wanted to cry...I love those moments!

J@n!ce said...

Emila : I think you can relate well to this from Yassin's BIG ROUND eyes...:)
You just feel so GOOD seeing that the child is satisfied & in your heart, you feel the joy too. Cheers to all the mummy :)

Ann said...

Thank God for the many options we have around everywhere and for moving distractions! makes bringing up kids much easier!

J@n!ce said...

Ann : You are right. Bringing up kids are much easier with the many options & distractions available :)

rachelsee said...

nowadays kids tend to be more pampered and they seem to have everything. Me and my hubby are trying to make a consciously effort not to give Mal all that he wants, still trying...

J@n!ce said...

4malmal : Last time with only Zac, we could control not to give in to him. But now with 2 kids & in order to have some peace. We really have to give in to them at times. It wll tired us out if we don't :) :)

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

LOL.. i feel like gog up and pinch Amos's face! LOL..so cute with his smile.

J@n!ce said...

Kev : Amos likes to play with Big kor kor like you. I think he will have fun with you :) :)

surjit singh said...

It is always nice to see your wonderful children.And you are so caring mother,Janice.God bless your family.

surjit singh said...

It is always nice to see your wonderful children.And you are so caring mother,Janice.God bless your family.

J@n!ce said...

Surjit : Thanks for your blessing. I am glad you see joy on my children :)

Trix said...

Hello Janice, I saw the lovely pics of your little ones and they are truly adorable.You have been truly blessed ! :) I wonder if you would ever like to have another baby, a little girls,perhaps ?

J@n!ce said...

Jesse : I was hoping for a gal but it turned out boy..... that I meant, Amos :) :)
When I am prepared to have one. May I borrow Angel's photo....the chinese believe that the more you look at a particular bb, yours will turn out to be as lovely. Your Angel is just so charming :)

Anonymous said...

Just some thoughts:

I think that Parents are sent by God to be the guardian angel of their child.

Maybe i will compose some poem.lol.

It is so simple to make a child sparkle with joy unlike the grown-up. Your presence is the best gift to your child.

J@n!ce said...

Maketraffic : You are into poem too. Looks like this month a lot of great poet huh ;)
Yes, a simple motherly hug meant so much to the child, our presence already make a difference :D

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

LOL! i'll be torn apart if i were u. You are a great mom! Amos and Zac are really great kids too.. they're so adorable and it's a joy to see them laugh. :) Usually, my stress/bad mood will just vanish whenever I am with my sweetheart chloe. ;)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Sometimes really very stress out de. That is why no choice just got to give in. You cannot imagine how tiring it is with both kids crying at the same time for your attention or wanting the same toy...blah blah... However, once you see the smile on their face, you forget abt all the unhappiness & their smile is our detressing remedy :)

Anonymous said...

HeeHee, i used to compose song and write lyrics too. But that was like long time ago.

I cannot imagine having a second one. Already very tired chasing my kid around. I really really salute those having 4-5 children. Super human!

J@n!ce said...

Maketraffic : Once a writer, forever a writer... I trust you can do it again; composing song & write lyrics. :)
I kudos to those parents with more than 2 kids too cos I am so stress out that I dun think I could manage them & work at the same time. So I rather SAHM :)

Mariuca said...

Janice, u are comparing Benji to a doggie, he he he he... Oh and I sent Chubbs for his "surgery" today! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Yeah, compared Benji to a doggie cos we hardly have cats over at our house here but plenty of dog lovers. Amos love to touch the dogs. I'm shivering in fear & have to carry him away quickly... LOL :)
Oh, its poor Chubbs turn now. Benji will be laughing at him tomorrow...hehehe ;p

Sam Chan said...

Hi Janice,
From the photos, we can see that your kids are really having a great time.

That's really great! You are showing great examples that will definitely inspire all your readers to be a great parent! Keep it up!
Blessings be with you and your family.

J@n!ce said...

Sam Chan : The kids are indeed having a great time that day. Amos sat on the bike & refuse to get up. When the ride finished, he requested us to insert some more money so that it could rock again... LOL :)

Sweetpea said...

you're tagged back! :)

http://sweetpeamy.blogspot.com/2007/07/tag-phobia.html

J@n!ce said...

Sweetpea : Thanks for the tag. It seems like an easy one & I will try to do it at my soonest :)

FL Sam said...

Cool mama taking care of two lovely kids. U said it nicely the the SMILES "_" and JOYS in their eyes bring you so much happiness and all stress are gone. That is NO. 1 cure for stress. :)

mr fong said...

Beautiful......Hi there janice,i hope to be a good dad when i grow up:D

Eatyourmaths

The kids are so cute.You must have seen so many cute photos uh ;)

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : The kids make me stress but they are also my de-stress antidote. You are right about that !! :)

Mr Fong : One thing I am sure is that your kids will excel in their Maths... LOL :)

Mariuca said...

Jan, I know what u mean abt the shivering! No woof woof for me! Scared mah! ;(

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...

As they says, curiosity kills the cat
so to save the cat, kill the curiosity;
but then, what would happened to the cat
listless, dispirited, lacking in zest and vivacity...?

Zac and Amos are at the age where they're easily distarcted, where everything is fascinating, beautiful, full of wonder in their young eyes.
Sometimes I wish we could retain that innocence. Wouldn't you? :)

Anonymous said...

Kids are like that. Easy to attract their attention or make them happy when they are sad.

My kids never had to wait for things they want and I feel that it was a big mistake on my part because my son, at 20, when he wants something, he wanted it yesterday! Must have instantly. :(

lilifxt said...

hi janice Amos is so cute when he is crying and laughing too...:)

darlene said...

ah they are soo cute!!

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : We'll both hide behind Jean, only she is brave enough to face the woof... LOL :D

Joezul : Well said. Young children are so pure & innocent, eveything to them are a new attraction, beautiful & fascinating :)

J@n!ce said...

Judy : You have a matured son. I think you should be proud of him. Perhpas he just want to use his own money to buy the things he want that is why he din tell you :)

Lili : Amos is full of emotion... one moment he is crying so badly. The next moment he is ROFL :D :D

Darlene : Nice to see you here. Lovely kids huh :) :)

Chin Sh'n said...

Haha..It's always tough when one has an elder sibling cuz they'll want to have and play the same thing as their big bro/sis but Amos is really lucky to have you as his mummy cuz she nvr fails to please him too..Keep it up, cool mummy..and here's 2 big lollipops, each for Zan and Amos =)

Mariuca said...

Ha ha ha, brave is the right word for Jean, that's why she has 2 doggies! We both are such scaredy cats!

J@n!ce said...

Shn : So sweet of you to come over & gave those lollipop to the boys...They say "Xie Xie Shn Jie Jie" :D

Marzie : You should read my next post on why I'm scare of the doggie... LOL :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape