Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-07-18

Play with me

I tried to teach my child with books
He gave me only puzzled looks

I tried to teach my child with words
They passed him by often unheard
Desparingly I turned aside
"How shall I teach my child?" I cried
Into my hand he put the key
"Come," he said, "play with me"


This is how I strength my relationship with my child by having fun with them.

31 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

so sweet!! :)) you're such a good mom!

Trix said...

The poem is awesome, it says everything about how to teach the little ones, in a short little verse.I love those pics as well.My sister in law lived in Singapore for a few years and her photos were always so interesting.You are a very outstanding Mommy, Janice...keep it up.

Mizohican said...

Not just a good mom but a great poet too :) Pinch them from me, will ya, please please please? :)

Try teaching them alphabets,
While they're in their habitat.
But if they fail to grasp it,
Then they wont make a big hit.
So pack them up in a tiny box,
And send them to Sandman's docks.
Where they'll play with my guitar,
Everyday until its time to retire.

:-))

- Sandman.

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

LOL! That's a funny poem, sandman. very nice. :)

Wuching said...

thats a must! when they grow up no more chance lor!

J@n!ce said...

Jean : I believe you will be a wonderful mum in time to come too....From how you love beautiful Chloe, I can see...hehehe ;P

Sandman : Given them those pinch & they screamed "Oouchhh!!"... LOL
It would be lovely for them to learn guitar from you. What an interesting poem you can think in such a short time. You are just great :) :)

Wuching : Very true, like I say before. That is why I took so much photos of them.... hahaha ;)

J@n!ce said...

Jesse : I think this poem just speaks what is in my thoughts. Sometimes its really fun to just play with them. They can tell you something in their own thinking you would have never thought of. This is what makes the whole 'play with me' so memorable :) :)

Just the other day out in the HOT sun, Zac cant stand the heat. Out of frustration, he screamed "mama, please s/w off the sun". He doesn't understand why we can s/w off the fan/light but NOT the SUN. I have to be a science teacher for that instance to explain why, but I think my explanation isn't too fantastic bcos on a WINDY day a few days later, he asked me to s/w off the WIND.... LOL

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Wow...nice poem :D You spend a lot of time with them outdoors eh? I heard that the Singapore Zoo is really awesome. I must take Ashley there one day....;D

J@n!ce said...

Chumsy's mommy : We brought them outdoors occasionally. Most of weekends were walking around shopping & dining only. It is really tiring bringing 2 kids out :)
You have to visit the Sg zoo. It is really fun. We spend half a day there but most of the time is at the water splash area inside the zoo itself. The kids just love the water. Check out this old post of mine when I brought them to the zoo. http://janiceng.blogspot.com/2007/06/friends-of-zoo.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice,

I found my way here through Nessa's blog and thought I'd let you know that I stopped by. Your blog looks so pretty and the header too! I need some time to browse around your blog. Hope you don't mind. Love all the photos! :D

J@n!ce said...

Cindy : You are so kind to leave that msg to me. I WELCOME you to my humble blog. I will check out yours in a while. Hope you have fun browsing around mine.... ;)

Mariuca said...

Wah Janice, u wrote this poem is it? So clever.... LOL! But seriously, it's great to see u being a great mom to the kiddies. When I'm a mom one day, I shall make u as my role model! :) :) :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Thank you for looking so highly of me. When it is time for motherhood, you will automatically know how to BE A GOOD MUM. I trust you can do it, if not better :) :)

Unknown said...

Nice one there... thought I read it somewhere ....was it in Straits Times My Your Body?

Nice pics and glad that you are having fun with your boys. I do bring my son Ethan out quite a bit too as you can see in my blog.

;)

J@n!ce said...

Walter : Nice to see your here :)

Sam Chan said...

Hi Janice,
Nice photos and thanks for sharing your happiness!

You are right! - by having fun with your children you can strengthen your relationship with them. In time to come, this relationship built will be very handy to bring them up in the right manner!

Blessings to you and your family!

Bee Lee said...

Yeah, playing is so much fun :) I like your happy family photos :)

lilifxt said...

hello janice u r doing great job your words were very true and inspiring...lovely photos of amazing mom and adorable kids ...wishing all happiness and more fun

J@n!ce said...

Sam : Indeed a joy to play with them. It may be tiring to us but this 'play' thing means a lot to them. I really treasure these moments :)

Bee Leng/Lili : It is my pleasure to share my joy with all of you. As mummy yourself I believe you also capture those wonderful moments. It is really amazing when you look back at those old photos & see that they have grown up so much :)

Mariuca said...

Hi Jan, I hope u're right about the automatic part, if not watch me ask u for tips! :) :)

Sasha Tan said...

Hi! Hop over from chumsy's blog. Is the zoo nice? I'll be in spore next week and i think I'll bring my son Jayden to the zoo for the first time.

J@n!ce said...

Sasha : Thanks for coming all the way here from Chumsy's :)
I've just checked out your blog & left a comment there. Welcome you to Sg & hope you have lotsa of FUN at the zoo. This is the post on the zoo that I have done before when bringing the kids there.
http://janiceng.blogspot.com/2007/06/friends-of-zoo.html

Health Freak Mommy said...

Nice poem and nice pix.

J@n!ce said...

Shireen : Nice to see you here again, thanks :)

Drea said...

how fun :-)

J@n!ce said...

Drea : Glad you hop by again :)

節約ママ said...

This is a great poem. I love it. You are a great mom:-) I love the pictures pictures you posted as well. Thanks for visiting my blog while I was sick and leaving me some kind comments. I really appreciate your kindness. I am all well now and trying to get my freelance work done. Right now, I am taking a break and catching up on reading my fellow blogger's blogs.

J@n!ce said...

Hipmommy : Glad to know that you are well now. All strong to move on to your online work....yeah!! :)

bokjae said...

Playing is the best way to teach your children and thats about giving them time! Keep it up!

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

I like the poem,.. and yup, learning thru fun is the best way to learn and remember...=)

J@n!ce said...

BokJae : Yes you are right, I believe you have spend a lot of time on your children too. They are wonderful adults now. Your Jay just rocks lah.....;)

Kev : Thanks for the comment. I just thought this poem is really meaningful & wanna to show with my readers :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape