Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-07-27

My 2 little rascals ...

Zac used to be the apple of the eye... until Amos came on board. The love is spread equally though, but to Zac....he gets jealous of Amos at times. Sometimes when I carry Amos, Zac will cry & want me to carry too. He will tend to 'bully' his younger brother when we walk away.



So every now & then, we have to keep a good eye on the two. Even going to the restroom we have to ensure that someone is watching after them cos this is when 'accidents' will happen. They will fight over toys, which vcd to watch, food................etc. Both of them will want to play the SAME TOY at the SAME TIME when a minute ago, they were crying & fighting over a packet of orange juice !!
Shouting at them over such a scene is too common !!
Oh well, as I am typing this.... they are fighting over a white cylinder box with toy cars inside. You must be thinking why fight over that when there are so many cylinder boxes at home, there are RED, YELLOW & even more beautiful PINK ones ..... THEY JUST WANT THE WHITE one at the SAME TIME..... You tell me, headache or not? *scratching head*

Much said of their naughtiness... ...

There are also tender moments when the 2 brothers will hold hands & hug each other.




Just like that time when Zac help Amos to wear his shoes (click here to read the post). Sometimes, I think Zac just wants to be close to Amos & play with him, but we are too protective of Amos & tend to shout at Zac the moment he gets too near to the little brother. His occasional hug & a simple holding of hands could left bruises on Amos which I think he is unintentional but his strength is just too strong. Amos sometimes treat Zac as an 'enemy', whenever he gets nearer to him, he started to scream for attention.... LOL :)
That is the problem with having 2 kids at home who are still very young :)

43 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Mariuca said...

Hi Janice, jealousy is a common thing among siblings, me and my sisters use to fight over the same thing all the time when we were younger! We refused to share LOL! Nice pictures of the boys bonding, it's obvious that deep down inside, they do love each other! :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : You get the first read for this post. In fact.... should be 2nd, my hub read it first before he went to bed... LOL :)
Yes, you are right, they may be jealous of each other but deep down, they do have each other in their heart :) :)

Anonymous said...

have they fight b4?they look great

J@n!ce said...

Kenneth : Yesterday Zac chased after Amos over a toy & Zac tripped. He bite on his lips & bleed. Cried badly... sigh !!

Adrian said...

What can I say? Boys will be boys! One minute fighting with each other and the next playing with each other! LOL Great pics! :)

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : I wonder if there will be a difference if there is a gal companion....hehehe ;p

Anonymous said...

I can't blame them for fighting over orange juice. That's good stuff...hehe. I probably would have done the same thing when I was little if I had any siblings :D

cairo's mommy said...

regardless of all the little fights, i am sure they love each other more than anyone in this world.

sigh, times like these i wish cairo has a sibling too....

J@n!ce said...

Mike : Left some gummies for the 2 little ones wuncha? ;p

Cairo's mummy : It is always better to have another companion at home despite all the fights & screams altogether.... ;)

Anonymous said...

Sometime, kids tend to fight just to attract our attention, they want us to love them as they do! :P

Sam Chan said...

Janice, I understand what you are writing because I have 4 boys (2 being a twin). When my boys fight the whole house shakes. Well, when they play together the whole house also shakes but with laughter.

There are occasions that even after purchased the same things for my twin, they still fight and chose one of the two... me and my wife just don't know how they can see the difference :-)

Anyway, children forgives very fast. One minute they fight. In a couple of hours, they friend each other again. That's not the same for adults. We adult ought to learn this from children.

Best Wishes
Sam Chan

J@n!ce said...

MW : So next time you know what will be expecting of the "little monkey & donkey" of yours hor... hehehe ;p

Sam : You are the parenting expert in this area having to manage the 4 children at home. I know you are really good at it. Yes kids tend to forgive & forget easily. We should really learn from them. Another word of wisdom here....Thanks. :) :)

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

well kids are kids, they fight! i used to fight with my brother a lot when we were younger.

jealousy is always present among siblings...it will pass, when they are a lil older

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : When they grow a lil older, they will not be so close to us anymore. They will be fighting over other things & I think that is definitely not the attention from us. So I treasure every bits now from them while they are still young. :)

WaterLearner said...

Hi Jan!

It's so heartwarming to read about the honest nature of your two little ones! I am sure your two handsome boys will get along well under your good guidance!

Have a Nice Weekend! Where you heading?

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Hey Janice, they sound like my kids. My younger son (8 years old) just loves to bully and fight with his brother (12 years old). The wife and me have to threaten them with 'No breakfast (or dinner) and no TV, then only they'll listen and be little angels LOL!

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Thanks for your mail. Brought the boys out & just returned. Zac saw this electronic toy car those that walk up the steps....he ah ...jumping in the shopping centre insist want to have that. No choice, got to buy...haiz. Now, the 2 boys are fighting over who should play....I headache again lah woman !!

J@n!ce said...

Nick : No meals & TV don't work for my boys now at this moment. Mebbe when they get older. Thanks for telling me, next time I know what to threaten them with.... hehehe ;p

Anonymous said...

I think sibling rivalry is pretty normal! They are both mega cute, I just adore the pictures of them holding hands, so cute! :)

J@n!ce said...

Mandy : Sometimes they are very loving, at times, fight & scream until whole house shakes.... LOL :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

My 2 gals are exactly the same. Eventhough both of them have a similar purse each, they still fight over them.

J@n!ce said...

Shireen : LOL !! This is really getting endless rite... buying the same purse for them & they can still fight...kids are just funny :) :)

Anonymous said...

oh wow! your two sons have become famous before they know it.. best of luck to both of them.. hope you can keep it blog until they grow up.. it would be really fun and interesting to see your mum gather and publish you in the internet and treasure it for so long..

Bobby Revell said...

You write such great posts about your boys! It tells a nice little story with pictures to go along. Whats great is that in 20 years you'll have all these wonderful posts to share with them and everyone else. I really think it's pretty awesome:)

J@n!ce said...

Dani : I hope I could really do not. I'm on panic button whenever my isp gives me problem & I cant blog. This is really a good place to capture my memories of the 2 boys :)

Bobby : Thanks for the compliments. Everyday there is a new discovery, sometimes I just wonder how I should pen them down so that I could walk the reader through. This post I spent 2+ hrs to retrieve the photos, put in a story, load up the photo & publish. I am really delighted that you enjoy them. That is a great encouragement to me. :) :)

Anonymous said...

Can add my blog to your Technorati favorites? cos my blog reaction is still zero... :-(

J@n!ce said...

MakeTraffic : I've added to to my favourites. Let me know how I can be of help to you :) :)

eastcoastlife said...

Luckily I don't have this problem because I have only one kid! ^-^

But I have seen how my nephews behave and it really freaks me out.

When my brothers and I were kids, we fought and freaked our Mom out too! hahahaha......

J@n!ce said...

ECL : I wonder how my mum managed my sis & bro then. All 8 of us... OMG !! LOL :)

Leena said...

ya ya. why must always fight for the same toy when there are plenty toys lyin around?
now that i have 5 boys in my home, it's givin me a bigtime headache.

J@n!ce said...

Shern's Mom : Your house is more chaotic than mine with the 'other pple's kids' & an irresoponsible mum staying with you. You manages very well all this while. GOOD job :) :)

Anonymous said...

Hi J--some very sweet, cute pics of the two of them.

Ah, siblings and their squabbles. Amazing.

So much energy they spend on bickering over toys.

The photo of them in the water is precious!

bokjae said...

hey j@nice, I think you are doing great as a mom! Sibiling fights are normal but you must be the moderator! The pics show you are doing ok! cheers!

J@n!ce said...

TNP : It is really amazing seeing them fighting & the next moment they are in harmony. We should really learn from kids to forget unhappinese easily.

BokJae : Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes, I really need someone to tell me just that. I am glad that I heard the words from you. You make me feel so much better after a hard day :) :)

Anonymous said...

Janice you have the cutest kids! They are adorable! I hate to tell you though that they may never grow out of fighting gor your attention! My sister and I are 24 and 17 and we still compete for our Mom's attention! It is a back handed compliment right? I bet they will have a very special bond, just like I do with my lil' sis! Take care friend!

J@n!ce said...

Barrett : I'm surprised that you & your sis are still fighting over your mom's attention. When I am at that age. My mom is fighting for our attention bcos we hardly want to be at home....she is old now & I really hope I could spend more time with her. I want her attention again....*hug* to my mummy :) :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi jan, i think jealousy is acommon thing. I used to get jealous when my mom had my little brother. but i dun remember bullying him..hehe.. nyway, im sure they love each others very much just as you love them.

btw, is zac wearing a ronaldo jersey?

Anonymous said...

muaaahhh...muaahhhh. like wanna kiss da kids...:D

J@n!ce said...

Jean : You really has an eye for details, just by looking at that you know it ia ronaldo jersey. My bro-in-law bought the jersey for his son w/o realizing that it is actually too small. So my sis gave it to Zac.

Izali : Thanks for the kisses...nice to see you here :) :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

LOL! just a lucky guess! it's red and ended with 'DO'. :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Zac is fair & looks good in the lucky RED :)

jOolian said...

hi, i'm julian, new and popping around... cute kids!. and i have a Zak (but with a k) and a Meg.
i really enjoy your passion for your kids...well, and Coke. ~Au Revoir

J@n!ce said...

Julian, hi hi... I welcome you to my blog. I see that you have a kid called Zak. Last time we are choosing between Zachary & Zackary ;p
Ended up, my hub check around & decided on Zachary & Zac for short.
Hugs to Zak & Meg ...& hello to your kittie :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape