Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-07-26

I haven't brush my teeth yet

I make it a habit for Zac to brush his teeth before retiring for the day. It has become a routine that he has to do it everday since he loves to eat candies. That is more true now that he has got so many pple giving him LOLLIPOPs everyday. *smile*
Even on days when we are tied up, he will remind us that he has yet to brush his teeth.... LOL :)

Amos gets excited whenever my helper calls out to Zac to brush his teeth. He will rush to the bathroom to wait for his turn. I brought a little toothbrush for him sometimes back. He will follow his brother to brush at the same time. The brush looks so BIG in his hands, he is more of playing & biting the bristles rather than brushing. But anyhow, he only got that few teeth to brush... LOL...

I think it is good that Amos gets to see how we brush Zac's teeth. Sooner or later, he will cultivate the habit & eventually do likewise. I think that is the fun part with having 2 kids at home. The younger will get to explore new things from the elder one. Hopefully to learn the good habits & not the bad ones.... It is much more effective than adults teaching them. :) :)

31 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Old Beng said...

Yeah, good habits start young.

Mariuca said...

He he, I'm guilty of giving Zac several lollipops! Errr.. here's a small one today! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Old Beng : Nice to see you here. I enjoy reading your Ah Beng blog... LOL :)
I have linked you from mine.

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : In reality, I hardly buy lollipop for him. I find that it is too BIG & sweet.... to finish. I usually give him gummy bears. I wanna if Mike could provide some ... LOL :)

Anonymous said...

so cute.o..knw how to brush teeth d!~

Ann said...

First time reading your blog. Must say your son has very nice names!

Am expecting now and thinking of names for my lil one as well!

By the way....so we teach the older one and the older one can teach the young....something like train the trainer! haha ;)

J@n!ce said...

Kenneth : Amos is really adorable, his little witty gesture always make us laugh :) :)

Ann : Welcome you to my blog & congrates on your preggie, will be over yours now :)

Leena said...

good job janice,
i make shern brush his teeth twice a day too.
anyway, can we exchange link? i've added you already.

J@n!ce said...

Shern's Momma : Nice to see you here. I will link you too :)

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

Wah.. Zac even has a helper to help him brush his teeth! Good life man!! Should learn from his younger bro.. LOL.. so young can brush on his own! =)

And count to 60 when brushing teeth! LOL..

Adrian said...

Janice! I had problems trying to get daughter to brush teeth too! After a while she's finally happy to do it! Lollipops to Zac & Amos! :)

J@n!ce said...

Kevin : LOL !! Zac can actually do by himself, but his teeth will be cleaner with the help of an adult at this moment. Amos is not brushing, he is just playing... hehehe ;p

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : I think we really need to have a lot of patience. Initially Zac also refuses. Then I bought a few cute cartoon toothbrush & try to walk him through & say how nice the toothbrush is & let him to choose which one he likes. I also bought those automatic brusher. He will play with it while I use the manual & faster clean his teeth. As times goes by, this becomes a routine & he is able to accept it with lotsa of praise saying how good he performs. LOL :)

Sam Chan said...

Hi Janice,
"Healthy Habits Start Young"

That's good for your kids.. Wow.. you could convinced your kids to brush their teeth for those virtual lollipops! :-)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Gosh, your kids put me to shame, sometimes (especially on weekends) I am soooo lazy to brush my teeth, that I end up only brushing it in the afternoons (ok, ok, so now the whole world knows I'm a filthy slob. LOL!)

Brushing teeth is a good habit for your boys to cultivate ...

J@n!ce said...

Sam Chan : We have to be mindful of what we teach cos it will become a habit. Those virtual lollipops are really useful ;p

Nick : LOL !! I cant get to sleep w/o my mouth smelling full of fluoride. That means on weekends you will start to fast after you brush your teeth? .... LOL :) :)

Anonymous said...

A very good habit. You have two lovely boys. When I saw your photo on mybloglog, I actually thought you were a student. :P

It's a compliment. :)

eastcoastlife said...

Amos is so cute. It's easier to bring up more kids this way if the younger ones follow their older siblings.

Do you buy fruity toothpaste for them? My son used to like eating the toothpaste. hahaha...

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

yes, it's a good habit. how about in the morning? did they brush?
hehe.. amos & zac looked so cute. ^^

Anonymous said...

Amos come... kor kor teach you how to brush teeth. Don't tell mummy kor kor teach onez... mummy duno kor kor bluff. Shhhhhhhh... kekeke

J@n!ce said...

Judy : LOL !! Thanks for the compliments. I missed those days being a student. All I need to worry is my studies. Now is worries from 'head to toe' ;p

ECL : The elder teach the older is so much easier rite? Yes, I bought those fruity toothpaste for them. Zac likes the orange flavour one :)

Jean : You are the only one who observe about the morning routine. Zac don't have the habit of brushing in the morning. It is a battle getting him ready for school on days when he has insufficient sleep & gets all grumpy & refuses breakfast. So it also becomes a habit not brushing in the morning ...sigh !!

Ed : Don't try to 'fool' away my Amos hor.... He very smart one de..... kekeke ;p

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

haha! kids tend to be like that huh? same goes with my cousin last time. :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : It is difficult to get Zac to brush his teeth now. I think got to wait till Amos is older enough, then ask Amos to brush in the morning. Zac may follow suit when seeing Amos has so much 'fun' during the morning routine....:) :)

Mariuca said...

Ooooh, i love gummy bears too! :) Cute n chewy!

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I need to replenish those gummy stocks this weekend. They are running low & Zac has been eating the other candies which are very sweet.... ;p

RW said...

hahaha brothers will be brothers :D

J@n!ce said...

Roger : "Brotherhood" ;p

Sweetpea said...

oooo. there's a LOT of lollipops here! :)

aidan brushes his own teeth before his shower, and he always demand for a mirror :P
of course, i need to monitor him as he's not too good at brushing his teeth thoroughly clean yet and I have the habit of asking him to stick out his tongue and say 'brush your tongue'!

J@n!ce said...

Sweetpea : Its good that Aidan can brush by himself. Oh ya, I forgot abt the tongue, should take note of the brushing there as well in future...Thanks for reminding me ;B

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

that's good, at least he's starting out young, not many kids enjoy brushing their teeth

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : Zac initially cant take the brushing well. I persistenly encourage him how fun it is to enjoying the brushing & introduce a "brushing song" just for that purpose... LOL :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape