Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-11-28

My new HAIR Shade

I have been so troubled by my distressed hair for the past weeks. It had lost its color shine & so frizzy dry. I finally find time to visit the salon. I asked for a high (red) & lowlight (purple) color on my hair (see picture of the color), followed by doing a redken hair treatment & trim. Spend near to 4 hrs there & S$300 poorer now.... opppsssss. Hope hubs din read this. He will faint.... LOL :)

Sorry Amos, mummy used up 6 tins of your milk powder for that look *sob*



64 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Anonymous said...

wow your hair does really pick up the highlights! $300 ???? what is that in US $ or japanese yen?? LOL

J@n!ce said...

Jyankee : My hair is rather fine. It takes only a while for the color to set. LOL... its in SGD.
S$300 :):)

Thanks for being my first commenter :)

Janice Ng

Trinity said...

Wow!!! great great great... it look awesome! I love the color!

I am editting my post to explain which one of you.. but not finish yet.. :-) I use dial up and it is really sloooooowwww.... besides, I still have to take care of my kids. Will finish it tonight

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : Thanks. I love the glowing shades too. I duno how long the shine will last. I hope it will go a longer way, else I have to go back to do a re-touch of color through shampoo which the stylist told me.

You really spend a lot of time on the gala nite I can see. Thank you so much :)

Janice Ng

Tak Feng and Li Li said...

Hey Janice, nice shade u have but it is pretty expensive but never mind la. Must pamper urself too after a hard times with ur children. :)

Adrian said...

Janice! Nice do! is that a shade of red or maroon! :) I think it's SD300 well spent! :)

Cheers! :)

mr fong said...

Ya Trin spent alot of time to make me handsome, kekeke...

Haha, your hair looks good, I only go QB $10..!! *embarrassed*

J@n!ce said...

Lili : Thanks for making feel so much better now... kekekekeke ;p

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : Its purple & red :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Winston : Like I say, men are different mah. My hubs used to cut at QB too :)

Janice Ng

LadyJava said...

Janice, like GK said, $300 well spent girl.. very very nice.. it suits you well ;)

J@n!ce said...

LJ : Thanks. I am so happy to hear that !! :)

Janice Ng

Juliana said...

Nice style new hair :)

Juliana said...

Nice style new hair :)

Mariuca said...

Wow, great look for u Jan! Your hair looks damn straight now, nice! :):):)

lilifxt said...

wow i loved it it looks beautiful it goes with u ....was it really expensive coz on here it would cost $60 by the way my mom have a beauty parler i do hair dye and shades always fo free since i was at high school ....::)
so imagine how many time i played with my hair..:)

Blur Ting said...

It looks really shinny and glossy now! It suits you. Recently I coloured my hair in a darker shade (I'm not as adventurous as you are) and had highlights. I think it's the same red as yours.

You look good!

Bobby Revell said...

$300.00 for a haircut and colouring? Wow...that is a lot to spend!!!!!!!!! The most I have ever spent (of course I'm a guy) is $10.00...ha ha!

It does look great...you guys must be rich to spend that much on hair:)

FL Sam said...

Wow, Nice new hair style. SGD300, my 1.5 year hair expense. ha ha. :)

Shana said...

Your hair looks GREAT! I love the color! :o)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Thanks :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I hope it dun look too bad after washing... I dun bear to wash now... LOL :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Lili : Its really costly over here esp on long hair like mine. Wow, you mum owns a beauty parlour. That's so cool, you get to enjoy those treatments for free now. No wonder you keep such a long wavy hair.... how envy :)


Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : I like to try on loud colors like those you see. Esp so now since I'm not working. I'm even more adventurous... haha :D

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : That's about the same amount for treatment over here in Sg. For man, trimming is about S$10 :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : That's the same amount for trimming my hubs hair too :)

Janice Ng

WaterLearner said...

Wow... Superstar hot red colour with fantastic highlight!! I am jealous!! Then again.. At Redken? $300 is steep leh. I have never spent that kind of money on hair. But you look good in this colour.

Blessings!

J@n!ce said...

Shana : Thanks, I love the color too :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Karen : To be frank, this is not the highest amount I spent on hair at one go. I've ever done a 5 colors before for my ROM. Let me dig out the photo & show to you at Throwback. It cost me S$400+ for just that :)

Janice Ng

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Janice, S$300 for highlights?! I almost fainted la ... LOL! I don't spend a cent over RM10.00 for my hair and even then I think it's still too expensive ... LOL!

kegler747 said...

Hi Janice! Your hair soothes you very well and it also matches your outfit :) I took away about 5 years of your age, hahaha. I'm not kidding :)

by the way, the earthquake didn't do any damage. No reported casualties. Thanks for your concern.

J@n!ce said...

Nick : Its actually about S$180 for highlights & S$120 for the redken treatments. Bear in mind that these are already after 30% discount. If not, the price is soaring high. :)


Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : Glad to hear that yesterday's earthquake din cause any harm. Must be the color of the outfit that makes me look younger & vibrant. Thanks, you are always making me flying around....LOL :)


Janice Ng

emilayusof said...

Hi Janice! Cool color combination! I love it! I wish I could color my hair orange and green!!! (I'm Cyndi Lauper's fan you know!) Don't feel so bad about it, it's only once in a while we get to do things for ourselves. Cheers Janice!

mr fong said...

Oh ya, i just realized u look very straight haired in the photos now ;)

Mb guys never think of spending on hair, considering it falls off when u hit old age ;p

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Thanks. I hope it will last me a long time so that the money will be well spent :)

Janice Ng

J@n!ce said...

Winston : Now then you realized ah !! LOL ;p

Btw, whether men or women, all will drop hair when hit old age mah !! ;)

Janice Ng

WaterLearner said...

Wow Biang ...$400? 5 Colours ah...Quick show me..

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Need to dig out the photos leh. I need to either scan in or re-take a pic from the photo. Very nua today. Rainy dayz... so sleepy.... Some other days ok? :)

Janice Ng

Amel said...

NICE colour, Janice!!! ;-D Yeah, I also hate it when the hair gets dry. :-(((( I never dared dye my hair for fear that it'd get dry he he he he...maybe someday. Who knows? ;-D

J@n!ce said...

Amel : If you never dyed your hair, then better dun dye. Once you started to do it, will have to do it over & over again :)

Janice Ng

Leena said...

your is so shiny wat. nice nice. i like the color.
note: one lesser scoop of milk every feed should make up that 300sgd in half a yrs time. hubs won't realise. haha.

J@n!ce said...

Shern's Mom : LOL :):)

Cannot lah, like that the bb won't have enough nutrients & not full & became cranky at night ;p

Janice Ng

daphne said...

nice colour! I like that!!! It looks healthy too!

J@n!ce said...

Daphne : Thanks, the red color makes the hair looks healthier :)


Janice Ng

Sam Chan said...

Wow.. you spent S$300 for your hairdo! You are right.. your hubby will faint if he read this :-)

Anyway, if you are from a rich family, it is nothing at all. Sometimes, we do need to pamper ourself to enjoy life. :-)

Blessings to you, Janice
Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion

J@n!ce said...

Sam : Thanks for your words. I felt bad about spending so much also. But hubs want me to have long hair. So he had to pay for the "maintenance" fee.... LOL :)

Janice Ng

The Bimbo said...

Great Colour! You really live up to being a hip mommy!

J@n!ce said...

Bobo : kekekek... thanks leh !! :)

Janice Ng

Themuxicbox said...

goodness~! very very nice~~~ ;)

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

wow! you look great! i love the highlights

J@n!ce said...

TMB : Thank you :)

Janice Ng

dodong flores 도동 플로오리스 said...

Wow, Janice! I think this is the most close up photo I've seen here since I visited your blog. You don't look like a Mommy yet. You still look like single :)
Your new hairstyle looks good in you...

J@n!ce said...

Dodong : Wowow... thank you. I appreciate your words :):)

Janice Ng

darlene said...

wow nice sweetie...love the red!!....i have it naturally and hated it when i was young!!....yet love it now...
you look GREAT!!....yur a beauty! for sure!!

J@n!ce said...

Darlene : How nice to have it naturally. I need to spend so much to have that color... so funny ;

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Looks attractive!

dodong flores 도동 플로오리스 said...

You're welcome, Janice ;)

J@n!ce said...

MW : Thanks :)

Janice Ng

Wen said...

i like it ler... my hairstylist is oso using redken. can u tell me the actual code name or number for the high and low lights. i wanna color my hair before CNY..

J@n!ce said...

Wen : The color dyes are from L'oreal. However, the scalp & hair treatments are from redken & so are the shampoo & conditioners that I purchased. Sorry, I cant rem what are the code number. But the low light is purple & highlight is red. Which shade of red I cant recall. ;p

Janice Ng

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hey jan, love your new shade! it suits you well. :) Once in a while, it's ok to pamper yourself at hair saloon, you deserved it! :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : You've got long hair too. I think you know how much we have to spend to maintain the looks... haha :D

Janice Ng

Raghav said...

I dear,
u'r new hair colour looks very good.
i too feel like getting one for me;)

u look good with the hair colour. particularly the 2 colour tone.
excellent.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape