Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-12-27

Reflection ...

2007 is coming to an end in a few days time...
Its time for me to reflect on my journey during the year.
2007 spin off with a Chinese New Year that wasn't an auspicious one for my family.

Sad to say, it was a year of mishap, tears & so much sadness .... the endless visits in & out of the hospitals were more than times that I actually sat down to watch the TV, can you believe it?

My late brother coping his live with an amputated leg (due to bone cancer on the leg) that changed his lifestyle totally till his death on 21 Oct 2007 at age 45 yrs old. He is still fondly missed by all of us!!

My mum also went for surgery in June, she endured it until one fine day she could hardly walk... :(

I started my blogging journey mid of this year, partly out of curiousity.
Glad to have known a handful of great friends who bring me laughter everyday just by your simple words at my shout. Even when friends gone on vacation, they remembered me & captured my name on the island's sand (see my boys & my name on the left side of the blog). Thanks, Trinity, Carlo & Amel (for the snow carve). Also, not forgeting those who remembered me & air-flown cards & pressie over. Jamilla, Emila, Jean. Thank you so much, love ya ;)

I'm awaiting for some happiness during this festive season when got a friend's message that he was diagnosed with lung cancer & had gone for chemotheraphy thrice. Its really hard to believe... someone who don't smoke, drink, lead a healthy lifestyle, went home after work to be with the family (wife & 4 kids less than 10 yrs old). I'm really speechless ...
My late brother died of lung failure due to lung cancer which has spreaded from his bone cancer.
I just felt so sore on hearing that a friend has to suffer it now. Things doesn't look too positive for me the moment the patient had to go for chemo. Somehow....
Let's pray for his speedy recover & lesser pain & torture.

I'm in a confused state of mind right down to set down my resolutions for the New Year.
I wish for good health to everybody. Its so critical :)

38 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

WaterLearner said...

I know saying this will not ease the feeling down at the moment. But such is really part and parcel of life. It's like a roller coaster. Sometimes we are happy and filled with laughter. Others, we are brought down by the harsh events of life. But rest assured, the ups and downs make one a stronger inner person and ultimately gives more meaning to one's life.

Don't dwell too long on unhappy thoughts. Go for a walk. Listen to the quiet breeze. See the birds chirping away happily. For every sad thought that arises, there exists many things worth being happy about.

Hope this helps!

Raghav said...

Hi Dear Janice.
Do take care dear.
this is not the time for u to get upset....u should approach tht person with a pleasent smile.... just be with him & keep him & his family happy...though they can't be happy... with the present condition..... u can atleast make the forget the pain for some time.
let us hope tht he gets recoved soon...& he be a guiding light for his family....

let us all pray for his good health...

Take care... don't get upset & spoil u'r new year....
just chill up... if possible... go to temple & get a special prayer done for his early recovery.

hope u r feeling better now.

Daniel said...

Take care n may God bless U & ur Family with Joy and Happiness in the coming new year. Cheers =)

Anonymous said...

hi, janice! hope you had a merry christmas. (((HUGS)))

LadyJava said...

Hi Janice..

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes life takes a turn unexpectedly and it is up to us to face it with strength or otherwise.

I hope the new year will bring you happiness and health for you and your family as well.

God Bless
LJ

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Thanks for your insights. How I wish I can head to the beach n hear the waves hitting against the rocks & see the sun rise. Forget about all the unhappiness & be cheerful once again. It is easy to say though. You see a person so sick & helpless yet there is nothing we could do. This is life. I may be that one person too....who knows!!

Thanks for your words, dear :)

J@n!ce said...

Raghav : Thanks for your words. They are so true. :):)

J@n!ce said...

Daniel : Thanks. May you be blessed this festive season too :)

J@n!ce said...

Pia : Nice to see you here. Seeing you bring a cheer to me already ;p Take Care & Happy NY :)

J@n!ce said...

LJ : I will be strong & move on. You are right, life is so unpredictable, it is not always smooth. I have to face the obstables with a brave heart :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing u that next year will be a year filled with only joy and happiness for u and ur loved ones.

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : Thanks, same to you too :)

Amel said...

Hi, Janice,

It's always tough to hear news that someone's sick, esp. when they're young still and they have young kids. You're right, though...the only thing we can do for them is just pray.

I still believe in expecting the worst and hoping for the best for the coming year. Hope is a powerful thing. :-))))

J@n!ce said...

Amel : I just heard from my sis this afternoon that her best pal's hubs... only 34 years old, got liver cancer... way too young :(

emilayusof said...

Hope you friend will recover soon!

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Thanks, let's pray for all cancer patients :)

Tak Feng and Li Li said...

Hi Janice, I agreed with u. Health is much more important than any other things. But fren, keep a positive mind & you definitely will be shined & loved always. Have a great 2008! Take care.

FL Sam said...

Health is the most important to our life. I wish your friend and all beings free from all suffering and a speedy recovery.

ON Xmas Day, I visited my wife's cousin who had also gone through an operation for colon cancer. Hope she will also recovered fully soon.

Wish you and family PEACE, LOVE, HEALTH AND HAPPINESS IN 2008. :)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Hey Janice, hope your friend will be alright. It's never nice finding out someone is sick, ya? Here's wishing you and your family nothing but the best for the coming year!

Anonymous said...

Read your blog for the first time.

Belated Merry Christmas & a Blessed New Year!

J@n!ce said...

Lili : Thanks, may you have a fruitful 2008 filled with love & happiness :)

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : Thanks, same to you :)

J@n!ce said...

Nick : All the best to me, wow... that's great. Hope you have a good year ahead too :)

J@n!ce said...

Bei : Thanks for our visit. Happy New Year to you too :)

Ivÿ said...

hey janice! I am wishing you to have the best 2008 ever.

reflect the year 2007 with a heart but don't let the sad and bad past wear you down. don't let the memories fade...

happy new year to you and your family!

Mariuca said...

Jan, here's to a greater, lovelier, healthier 2008! :):):)

Bobby Revell said...

I never like to hear about anyone getting lung cancer...I really hope he is one of the lucky ones who beats it.

As far as new years resolutions go...I think people often make too many and end up feeling disappointed. I think simple resolutions are best...like yours!!!

My resolution is to not judge others and to let go of all resentments in my life...especially those towards myself. I wish you a wonderful new year Janice:):):)

J@n!ce said...

Ivan Girl : I really need a very good 2008 now. Feeling the more sad now that I think I just lost a friend this morning :(

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Hi dear, I'm really miserable today. I need to lot of power to charge me up :(

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : Thanks, I'm so scare of the killer illness now. Bad thoughts run over my mind the moment I hear pple mentioning it.

I used to make long resolutions for the NY, more often ... not accomplished. This year, I'm going to just wish for health, love & friendship :)

Anonymous said...

Blogging is therapeautic so I am glad that you found so many friends thru it. I have only found your blog recently..so am looking forward to blogging with you in 2008. As Waterlearner said, unfortunately, a lot of unfortunate things are a part of living...good and bad... easier said than done...I know... what is important is your immediate family, your parents, husband and two boys...

J@n!ce said...

Jyankee : I'm glad to find you.
Thanks for being a part of my blogging journey. I love all of you :)

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Jan, i don't know what to say that would make you feel better...I lost my cousin in 2006...she died at a young age of 19 in a motorcycle accident.

I just prayed a simple prayer for your friend. May God's Healing and comfort be upon him.

May 2008 be a great year for you.

Thanks for being a part of my blogging journey too! Cheers!

J@n!ce said...

MT : Sorry about your cousin to have passed away during a tragic accident on the road :(

Thanks for the prayers.

Let's blog into 2008 together... YAY !! :)

MakeTraffic said...

No worries. Yah Jan! That is the spirit. A new Year, a new beginning! Cheers to 2008!

J@n!ce said...

MT : Cheers to 2008... heading anyway to countdown tmr? :)

Blur Ting said...

I know it has been a sad and difficult year for your family yet you continue to bring joy to the blogging world. I wish your new year will be filled with joy and I wish your friend will gain full recovery.

J@n!ce said...

Blur : Thanks. :):)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape